Our Meet Results (Added Pics)

The gf and I just got back from a meet. Was happy I got a new PR, as well as her hitting some new PR’s. She uses only a belt, and I have a belt and wrist wraps.

Me (should be 181 but was in 198)

Squat - 365 (meet PR)
Bench - 265 (meet PR)
Dead - 455 (meet and gym PR)

Her (132)

Squat - 245
Bench - 135 (meet and gym PR)
Dead - 305 (meet and gym PR)

[quote]DK wrote:
The gf and I just got back from a meet. Was happy I got a new PR, as well as her hitting some new PR’s. She uses only a belt, and I have a belt and wrist wraps.

Me (should be 181 but was in 198)

Squat - 365 (meet PR)
Bench - 265 (meet PR)
Dead - 455 (meet and gym PR)

Her (132)

Squat - 245
Bench - 135 (meet and gym PR)
Dead - 305 (meet and gym PR)

[/quote]

Nice meet man, congrats on the PR’s. Mind if I ask what you ended up weighing in at ? Ive got my first meet on June 9th, and im currently dropping some bf in order to get down to the 181’s.

Im jealous as hell of your Deadlift, esp considering ive got you on bench, just makes me want to go in and train that much harder. Im in Northern Ohio, you ever hit up any meets down here ?

BTW, its cool as hell that you gf lifted at the meet as well, youre a lucky man, most of the girls i date think im insane because of the way i train.

–JB

DK,

i don’t know who is more impressive, you or your gf!

Really nice job to both of you.

jack

Respectable numbers, no doubt.

What fed do you compete in?

Great job by both of you!! …but especially your gf :wink: They are really very impressive numbers she has.

How long have you guys been competing?

Thanks for all the kind words, and to Jack - my gf is much more impressive than I am, I joke she will soon be deadlifting more than I can.

To answer some of the questions:

I weighed in at 183ish, a few weeks ago when I had sent the form in I was right around 190 so didn’t want to sacrifice numbers for losing the weight, I’m usually lower 180s but just moved into an apt and with all the changes/unpacking I had to focus more on just ‘eating’ than ‘eating right’.

We lift in USAPL, it was my second meet, and her third meet. She actually set the state records for deadlift, squat, and total last year. We have been competing less than a year technically, but have been lifting awhile now. Myself longer than her (lucky gal gets to bypass all the mistakes I made over the years)

Never did one in Ohio, and haven’t really checked into it, there’s one in MI in July, and another towards the end of the year so 3x a year should suffice. A meet really takes a lot out of you.

Good luck WS4JB on dropping the weight and hittin some PR’s in your upcoming meet!

…many, many PR’s will come down the line if you stay with it! Both of you did a nice job and it’s kinda unique you both share a common hobby!

Nice work guys. Best wishes for future events.

P.S I would love to see some meet pics.

congrats on the meet! great lifts!!!

Congrats for the both of you!

Squat seems low or is it your DL is that much higher? The DL looks sweet!

Got yourself a strong gf there!

Koing

[quote]perksy wrote:
Nice work guys. Best wishes for future events.

P.S I would love to see some meet pics.[/quote]

Meet pics!

Her Squat -

Her Bench (PR!)

Her Dead (PR!)