T Nation

Our First Post

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
We should all bump the first thread we posted in. I’ve already bumped mine.

[/quote]

Fuck that noise, lol[/quote]

I got you, boo.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
This is too funny, but it only dates to 2005 and I’ve been a member since at least 2002. Here it is, my reply to a first-person article/review of Alpha Male:


I don’t usually post but it occurred to me after reading this that you guys, dare I say it, are stooping to some pretty pedestrian marketing attempts to push a product. This is both insult and back-handled compliment because I’ve grown accustomed to a higher level of truth in these pages…you know, the “dangerously hardcore” bit. But this was a “puff piece” if I’ve ever read one. I won’t nit pick; I’ll just point out the most obvious; First, this guy doesn’t give his age. No workout stats. On the very pages where a workout log is a dogmatic command (that should be followed), the article contains nothing tangible about the quality of the workout in terms of weight/volume moved etc. Nothing about bodyfat. In sum, nothing of SUBSTANCE. And lastly, I’d come to expect blood work from someone “test driving” a supplement alleged to have a positive effect on T. Sorry guys, you’re slipping and on this one, it’s very noticable.

Please do us all a favor; enough with the puff and dribble - and I’m not bashing this guy - its not his fault. But please give us some substance. And by the way, I’ll put my “mouth where my keypad is”. I’m a 40 year old competive powerlifter with decent drug free stats and I’m not a newbie. Let ME test drive the product for free and subsidize my blood work and I’ll give you an article with the hardcore truth…numbers, etc. Now that would be useful; I won’t dare suggest the product doesn’t work, but if it does indeed work, wouldn’t you want to provide a bit more tangible and objective evidence.

I won’t belabor it, but the whole darn article was about “feeling” this or that. C’mon guys, I’ve grown to expect more from this organization/company. Consider my offer.
_______________ [/quote]

Pffft In 05/06 I would try to challenge authors on what they said and The Powers That Be would delete them. It would piss me off because others would say the same thing and didn’t get edited. Now I’m pissed again to find out they let you post this.

My first post isn’t worthwhile.

However this picture was posted in the thread and I find it very worthwhile…

My first post was in the ‘Christine’s Ass Worship’ thread.

I think that was an appropriate thread to start with.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
This is too funny, but it only dates to 2005 and I’ve been a member since at least 2002. Here it is, my reply to a first-person article/review of Alpha Male:


I don’t usually post but it occurred to me after reading this that you guys, dare I say it, are stooping to some pretty pedestrian marketing attempts to push a product. This is both insult and back-handled compliment because I’ve grown accustomed to a higher level of truth in these pages…you know, the “dangerously hardcore” bit. But this was a “puff piece” if I’ve ever read one. I won’t nit pick; I’ll just point out the most obvious; First, this guy doesn’t give his age. No workout stats. On the very pages where a workout log is a dogmatic command (that should be followed), the article contains nothing tangible about the quality of the workout in terms of weight/volume moved etc. Nothing about bodyfat. In sum, nothing of SUBSTANCE. And lastly, I’d come to expect blood work from someone “test driving” a supplement alleged to have a positive effect on T. Sorry guys, you’re slipping and on this one, it’s very noticable.

Please do us all a favor; enough with the puff and dribble - and I’m not bashing this guy - its not his fault. But please give us some substance. And by the way, I’ll put my “mouth where my keypad is”. I’m a 40 year old competive powerlifter with decent drug free stats and I’m not a newbie. Let ME test drive the product for free and subsidize my blood work and I’ll give you an article with the hardcore truth…numbers, etc. Now that would be useful; I won’t dare suggest the product doesn’t work, but if it does indeed work, wouldn’t you want to provide a bit more tangible and objective evidence.

I won’t belabor it, but the whole darn article was about “feeling” this or that. C’mon guys, I’ve grown to expect more from this organization/company. Consider my offer.
_______________ [/quote]

Pffft In 05/06 I would try to challenge authors on what they said and The Powers That Be would delete them. It would piss me off because others would say the same thing and didn’t get edited. Now I’m pissed again to find out they let you post this.[/quote]

Oh, believe me it got their attention. And they replied to it. I raised a legit point. Others agreed. And then they locked it. I LOL because I haven’t changed much LOL.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Well? What was it?

(waitaminute): Whoa! I never noticed you joined in only 2008!!! You ‘feel’ like a 2005er or maybe 2004er.[/quote]

SHHHH! Don’t tell anyone! I may drop a few notches on the “RESPECT COUNTER” if that gets out!

My first post was under my OLD screen name (ghey indeed) “Love2Lift”. LOL

I replied in a Scott Abel article discussion about sodium consumption. Crew Pierce called me a hippie and told me to get a haircut.

LOL
[/quote]

How did you change screen names?

First post was in the first link. Within 20 posts i managed to piss profX off. See second link. I lurked for about a year and just read forum after forum before that and i am getting back to that outside of my training log.

From waaaay back in 2004:

“Sounds like a load of BS. I’m sure someone somewhere has tried that kind of concoction just because of the story and suffered severe gastrointestinal distress.”

OP had heard a rumor that mixing energy drinks and cold medicine would make a drug to give you “steroid like results”.

This thread makes me feel old.

Here’s one of my earlier posts, on something vitaly important to training,… the newly announced casting of Christian Bale as Batman.

Sept 2003 (I had been a lurker for about 2 years prior though, never thought I had anything useful to add… that doesn’t seem to stop people these days though -lol)

"hmnn yeah, Rhas has always been a well scripted charcter, always playing on the mental toughness of the batman concept, but if anyone is still familiar with Batman Year 1 which I believe is the main premise for the next film, there weren’t any real costumed villains. The story cuts back and forth between Jim Gordon’s arrival in Gotham as a new cop, and Bruce Wayne’s return to Gotham after being away for so long (training his ass of mentally and physically the world over). The real villain in the pic is the overall coruption in Gotham, from the Mayor and the cops, to the Roman crime family.

I pray to god they dont toss in several costumed villains. The 1st flick (the only good one in my opinion) worked so well probably because you only had one bad guy to focus charcter development on."

S

I posted in Shugart’s Hammer. Hope that still counts :frowning:

Topic - The Fat Fitness Coach

"I train at a Gym in Singapore where there are many Personal Trainers (Fitness Coaches) available (at a price) to train gym members.

However (and sadly) perhaps only 20% have physiques worth aspiring for and 40% (of the coaches) or more have undesirable physiques. In addition Asian population in general are slimmer than their western counterparts, so the fact that they are slim maybe genetics more than a fantastic program and training regime.

How can anyone take advice from someone who doesn’t practice what he/she preaches ? In my mind I’m thinking - “can you really help me?”

On the flip side…I believe a good idea would be to ask the habits of the fit and unfit fitness coaches to understand what TO DO and NOT DO."

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/the_fat_fitness_coach?pageNo=1#1732192

[quote]SeanParent wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Well? What was it?

(waitaminute): Whoa! I never noticed you joined in only 2008!!! You ‘feel’ like a 2005er or maybe 2004er.[/quote]

SHHHH! Don’t tell anyone! I may drop a few notches on the “RESPECT COUNTER” if that gets out!

My first post was under my OLD screen name (ghey indeed) “Love2Lift”. LOL

I replied in a Scott Abel article discussion about sodium consumption. Crew Pierce called me a hippie and told me to get a haircut.

LOL
[/quote]

How did you change screen names?[/quote]

You need to submit a 315 touch-and-go bench video, then three independent judges randomly selected (usually the highest logged posters on GAL, SAMA and PWI on date of application) adjudicate and if they believe it’s legitimate they will change your nick.

Celtics first post.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/celtics2022#myForums/thread/3420446/

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[quote]SeanParent wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Well? What was it?

(waitaminute): Whoa! I never noticed you joined in only 2008!!! You ‘feel’ like a 2005er or maybe 2004er.[/quote]

SHHHH! Don’t tell anyone! I may drop a few notches on the “RESPECT COUNTER” if that gets out!

My first post was under my OLD screen name (ghey indeed) “Love2Lift”. LOL

I replied in a Scott Abel article discussion about sodium consumption. Crew Pierce called me a hippie and told me to get a haircut.

LOL
[/quote]

How did you change screen names?[/quote]

You need to submit a 315 touch-and-go bench video, then three independent judges randomly selected (usually the highest logged posters on GAL, SAMA and PWI on date of application) adjudicate and if they believe it’s legitimate they will change your nick.[/quote]

Or you could PM LowfatMatt.

[quote]SeanParent wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Well? What was it?

(waitaminute): Whoa! I never noticed you joined in only 2008!!! You ‘feel’ like a 2005er or maybe 2004er.[/quote]

SHHHH! Don’t tell anyone! I may drop a few notches on the “RESPECT COUNTER” if that gets out!

My first post was under my OLD screen name (ghey indeed) “Love2Lift”. LOL

I replied in a Scott Abel article discussion about sodium consumption. Crew Pierce called me a hippie and told me to get a haircut.

LOL
[/quote]

How did you change screen names?[/quote]

Just go into your hub and do it.

Sorry for the hijack here… but this reminds me of a particular hilarious post by Kurley in an article discussion by one of T-Nations reputable authors.
Anyone remember it? That time he posted “Tits or GTFO”. Anyone recall which thread/article discussion that appeared in?

LOL

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Sorry for the hijack here… but this reminds me of a particular hilarious post by Kurley in an article discussion by one of T-Nations reputable authors.
Anyone remember it? That time he posted “Tits or GTFO”. Anyone recall which thread/article discussion that appeared in?

LOL[/quote]

LMAO, yeah I remember that.

Mine was kinda ghey

Asking Thib how big his arms were… :frowning:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Sorry for the hijack here… but this reminds me of a particular hilarious post by Kerley in an article discussion by one of T-Nations reputable authors.
Anyone remember it? That time he posted ‘‘Tits or GTFO’’. Anyone recall which thread/article discussion that appeared in?

LOL[/quote]

It was Lonnie Lowery.

Here you go:

For the record, I lol’d as well.

That’s fucking hilarious, really.