Our Dog, New Medication

Our dog is on new medication which gives her an upset stomach. Yesterday I took her to town with me and she pooped in my backseat. I felt kind of bad for her because she was obviously embarrassed.

That’s a big dog. Kaopectate should help with that… Description would have been fine. I have cleaned plenty of dogshit in my life…

1 Like

What I wanted to see was pictures of your dog, not of the poop, damn it!

1 Like

Add canned pumpkin and brown rice to his kibble. Our dog is on several meds that cause diarrhea, and this helps.

2 Likes

And do the Kaopectate for at least a couple of days.

1 Like

Oh yeah, call your vet and bitch them out for not telling you. Put that on your ‘to do’ list.

1 Like

5 Likes

That is a cool dog.

1 Like

Pit and what else?

1 Like

Blue tick dump hound?

1 Like

Not sure, we’ve always adopted rescue dogs so we never know 100%. She has big lips that get hung up on her teeth so I’m thinking she might have some boxer in there? Our little one was abandoned by the pipeline protesters in North Dakota. He’s kind of a dummy but I felt bad they left him so we adopted him. Heart of a warrior though, that little guy kills everything he can catch.

1 Like

Never heard of such a thing but when I searched images could very possibly be.

Was just a shot in the dark and play on words.

I don’t know what all goes into some breeds. Mine looks like a classic pit but a little bigger and has little spotting on her chest and paws. She’s also a ridiculous raccoon and other critter hunter. Even this late in life (15 yrs.) she picks up the scent of raccoon when they’re anywhere near the house and goes nuts.

1 Like

They’re crazy animal aggressive. I’ve only had female pits which I find manageable, will probably never take on a male. My most obedient dog and easily controlled by words was a female Rottweiler. I would have a dozen if they weren’t so messy.
We’ve settled on female pits/crosses. They don’t shed, they float above water/mud, and they’re pretty smart. CONS=they’re venomous assholes to every living creature except humans.

1 Like

That describes it pretty well. Funny story- My dog thrashed a couple of our cats (ended them) protecting her food, and generally didn’t want them around. My one cat figured her out though. She’d go hunting, bring rabbits back and give them to the dog. Doggy cozied up to her really nicely and since then she’s the only cat that can sleep or snuggle up to the dog.

Smart little kitty!

1 Like

That’s great

Kaopectate is not the old stuff it was anymore. Today’s kaopectate is pepto bismol. The bismuth may not be the best for a dog. Idk, ianav, but i do know the pumpkin works, as we use it on our lab when she gets a bad gut. Kaopectate used to be a mixof kaolin and pectin.

1 Like