Our Destruction: 2012

no you fools, in the year 2012 Professor X with be so huge he is going to become a planet…then destroy us all.

Honestly if this Planet X thing actually happens, I have a hard time believing ANYONE will survive. I mean won’t there supposedly be huge amounts of solar radiation smacking the earth? I would imagine the whole world would become one big chernoble.

Also I doubt the governments have spent any money building these underground survival camps. And what food? The earth’s recovery will take a long time and it will no doubt be hundreds of years before the surface would be livable.

So, if this ridiculous theory is actually legit, then we are most definately ALL fucked.

Wanna make money?

Tell the people: “Yo, in 2012 we’re gonna die because of planet X”

They will say: “Oh no, is there anything we can do?”

You tell 'em: “Buy my book, it’ll teach you how to survive it. You don’t have to thank me, just transfer me the money.”

[quote]Reef wrote:
MangoMan305 wrote:
If Planet X were to reach us by 2012, dont ya think it would visible by most powerful telescopes by now? Im sure not EVERY SINGLE telescope able to see into the ends of our solar system is owned by NASA trying to cover this up…

Although this is one of the most reasonable end of days theories Ive heard of so far. There can be a planet or another object heading towards us that we have yet to discover. But to reach us by 2012? It would likely be easily visible by now.

Exactly what I was thinking.[/quote]

The point makes sense, and I wouldn’t really expect you to watch the video, but in 1984 scientists found an object on the outer fringe 6-8X Earth’s biomass 72 billion miles away. In 1993 (I think) they found an object 6-8X Earth’s biomass 6 billion miles away.

So by that rationale they’ve surmised that it’s actually a brown sun, a star that didn’t have enough volume and mass to maintain its internal energy. I don’t see what’s so far-fetched - Do people really think Earth isn’t susceptible to stuff like this? If you think about it, if we have a binary-star system, there’d have been potentially NO WAY to know that we actually had an ugly step-sister sun hanging out in deep space.

I thought it was one of the logical 2012 theories I’ve heard. Speculation is the key word, folks, not guarantees.

And hey, if this is extreme theory, just remember that Palin thinks Jesus was kicking it with the dinosaurs in his day. So… yeah.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Reef wrote:
MangoMan305 wrote:
If Planet X were to reach us by 2012, dont ya think it would visible by most powerful telescopes by now? Im sure not EVERY SINGLE telescope able to see into the ends of our solar system is owned by NASA trying to cover this up…

Although this is one of the most reasonable end of days theories Ive heard of so far. There can be a planet or another object heading towards us that we have yet to discover. But to reach us by 2012? It would likely be easily visible by now.

Exactly what I was thinking.

The point makes sense, and I wouldn’t really expect you to watch the video, but in 1984 scientists found an object on the outer fringe 6-8X Earth’s biomass 72 billion miles away. In 1993 (I think) they found an object 6-8X Earth’s biomass 6 billion miles away.

So by that rationale they’ve surmised that it’s actually a brown sun, a star that didn’t have enough volume and mass to maintain its internal energy. I don’t see what’s so far-fetched - Do people really think Earth isn’t susceptible to stuff like this? If you think about it, if we have a binary-star system, there’d have been potentially NO WAY to know that we actually had an ugly step-sister sun hanging out in deep space.

I thought it was one of the logical 2012 theories I’ve heard. Speculation is the key word, folks, not guarantees.

And hey, if this is extreme theory, just remember that Palin thinks Jesus was kicking it with the dinosaurs in his day. So… yeah.[/quote]

I am very aware of the fact that our planet is at risk of being hit by something eventually that could wipe out life on a large scale. However, here is where this particular theory loses ground. For one, many scientists have already disposed of this idea and now consider this just a growing myth that won’t die based on what was observed decades ago.

Secondly, life ending events, even if they were planned for next week, would leave us at a complete DISADVANTAGE to do anything significant about. Unless we have the means to live deep under ground for the rest of our lives, we won’t be surviving it. And, hell, if we do survive, we probably won’t want to be alive through it.

Game over events do us no good to worry about because our technology isn’t advanced enough for us to evacuate or destroy it before it reaches us.

We have our eyes trained on less than 1% of the known universe. There could be a Planet Y coming fast at us from behind and we would miss it until it was too close to do anything about.

Why lose sleep over this?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
hmmm, does this mean if I were to commit crimes on 12/31/11 that if arrested the next day that I could sue who ever concocts these retarded prophecies?[/quote]

Actually, commit your crimes on 12/20/12 because according to the Mayan calendar or something, there will be great “change” on 12/21/12. There also a bunch of other theories that predict some apocalyptic event on that date.

http://www.december212012.com/

I still think this is a load of BS. The numbers don’t even add up. If Planet X was 50 billion miles away from us in 1983 and then all of a sudden 7 billion miles away in 1992, that would mean it would’ve travelled approximately 43 billion miles in 9 years. So it should’ve reached us years ago. And to base prophetic predictions on The Bible is not exactly credible (no offense to any religious people).

Let’s see, the Earth is around 5-6 billion years old right? And we just happen to be alive when a life ending catastrophic event will occur? In 3 yrs no less? lol, ok

Life Professor X said, if something is going to kill us all, we can’t do anything about it, so why really worry?

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
Life Professor X said, if something is going to kill us all, we can’t do anything about it, so why really worry?[/quote]

Again, not worrying, just speculating. I’ve already accepted the fact that something big will happen to us in 2012. If not, then I’ll probably be the happiest guy in the world on “December 21.” I put that in quotes because I do know the calendar has been modified and altered throughout time - Which is the biggest problem I have with 2012 theories.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Let’s see, the Earth is around 5-6 billion years old right? And we just happen to be alive when a life ending catastrophic event will occur? In 3 yrs no less? lol, ok[/quote]

Dude, we are a fart to this planet, universe, existence. Humans like to think that they’ve actually done something positive for anything but themselves, but it’s total bullshit. We’re all animals and bottom-feeders just like anything else that’s come and gone through our billions and billions of years of existence.

We’re a trivial footnote and truly lead meaningless lives that will mean nothing in the end. I’ll bet no other catacylsmic event has ever reshaped the population of Earth’s species before…

Right?

[quote]SSC wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
Life Professor X said, if something is going to kill us all, we can’t do anything about it, so why really worry?

Again, not worrying, just speculating. I’ve already accepted the fact that something big will happen to us in 2012. If not, then I’ll probably be the happiest guy in the world on “December 21.” I put that in quotes because I do know the calendar has been modified and altered throughout time - Which is the biggest problem I have with 2012 theories.

[/quote]

I just want to know what will happen on December 21.

And I have been thinking about the whole calendar thing for the longest time, but I have also realized how many resources people have put in to just organizing the calendar from previous civilizations.

[quote]SSC wrote:

Dude, we are a fart to this planet, universe, existence. Humans like to think that they’ve actually done something positive for anything but themselves, but it’s total bullshit. We’re all animals and bottom-feeders just like anything else that’s come and gone through our billions and billions of years of existence.

We’re a trivial footnote and truly lead meaningless lives that will mean nothing in the end. I’ll bet no other catacylsmic event has ever reshaped the population of Earth’s species before…

Right?[/quote]

No, the earth needs us, it would never let us die. We are the mold to the bread, the virus to the immune system, the yin to the yang, The Earth creates and we destroy, if we disappear then the Earth would have no Destroyer and it will live in perfect harmony, and then explode because that goes against all the laws of The Universe. Therefore, we will live forever and ever.

True Story.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
No, the earth needs us, it would never let us die. We are the mold to the bread, the virus to the immune system, the yin to the yang,

The Earth creates and we destroy, if we disappear then the Earth would have no Destroyer and it will live in perfect harmony, and then explode because that goes against all the laws of The Universe. Therefore, we will live forever and ever.

True Story.[/quote]

I think this is the right place for that Classic George Carlin piece.

We’re so self-important. So self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. “Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.” And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet.

What? Are these fucking people kidding me? Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. We haven’t learned how to care for one another, we’re gonna save the fucking planet?

I’m getting tired of that shit. Tired of that shit. I’m tired of fucking Earth Day, I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is there aren’t enough bicycle paths.

People trying to make the world save for their Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don’t give a shit about the planet. They don’t care about the planet. Not in the abstract they don’t. Not in the abstract they don’t. You know what they’re interested in?

A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They’re worried that some day in the future, they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn’t impress me.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with the planet. Nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine. The PEOPLE are fucked. Difference. Difference. The planet is fine. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great.

Been here four and a half billion years. Did you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here four and a half billion years. We’ve been here, what, a hundred thousand? Maybe two hundred thousand?

And we’ve only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And we have the CONCEIT to think that somehow we’re a threat? That somehow we’re gonna put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue-green ball that’s just a-floatin’ around the sun?

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through all kinds of things worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles, hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worlwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages…

And we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet?the planet?the planet isn’t going anywhere. WE ARE!

We’re going away. Pack your shit, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Thank God for that. Maybe a little styrofoam. Maybe. A little styrofoam. The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation.

Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas. A surface nuisance.

You wanna know how the planet’s doing? Ask those people at Pompeii, who are frozen into position from volcanic ash, how the planet’s doing. You wanna know if the planet’s all right, ask those people in Mexico City or Armenia or a hundred other places buried under thousands of tons of earthquake rubble, if they feel like a threat to the planet this week.

Or how about those people in Kilowaia, Hawaii, who built their homes right next to an active volcano, and then wonder why they have lava in the living room.

The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we’re gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, 'cause that’s what it does. It’s a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed, and if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm:

the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice towards plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place.

It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?” Plastic, asshole.

So, the plastic is here, our job is done, we can be phased out now. And I think that’s begun. Don’t you think that’s already started? I think, to be fair, the planet sees us as a mild threat. Something to be dealt with.

And the planet can defend itself in an organized, collective way, the way a beehive or an ant colony can. A collective defense mechanism. The planet will think of something. What would you do if you were the planet?

How would you defend yourself against this troublesome, pesky species? Let’s see… Viruses. Viruses might be good. They seem vulnerable to viruses. And, uh, viruses are tricky, always mutating and forming new strains whenever a vaccine is developed.

Perhaps, this first virus could be one that compromises the immune system of these creatures. Perhaps a human immunodeficiency virus, making them vulnerable to all sorts of other diseases and infections that might come along. And maybe it could be spread sexually, making them a little reluctant to engage in the act of reproduction.

Well, that’s a poetic note. And it’s a start. And I can dream, can’t I? See I don’t worry about the little things: bees, trees, whales, snails. I think we’re part of a greater wisdom than we will ever understand.

A higher order. Call it what you want. Know what I call it? The Big Electron. The Big Electron?whoooa. Whoooa. Whoooa. It doesn’t punish, it doesn’t reward, it doesn’t judge at all. It just is. And so are we. For a little while.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Lots of words.
[/quote]

Right. These are close to my sentiments, except for some of your underlined political agenda you had scattered in the post. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to say that the Earth probably needs to be cleansed of human activity.

Again, all we’ve managed to do so far is deplete a large amount of its natural resources and fuck up the life cycles of many other organisms. Yes, that’s bound to happen because we’re animals as well, but without us, the world functions on a level of basic principles: Natural competition, instead of utter destruction of whatever the fuck we want.

I’m all for human progression and blah blah blah, but really, our time is going to be over much sooner than we all think, because we are nothing.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Lots of words.

Right. These are close to my sentiments, except for some of your underlined political agenda you had scattered in the post. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to say that the Earth probably needs to be cleansed of human activity.

Again, all we’ve managed to do so far is deplete a large amount of its natural resources and fuck up the life cycles of many other organisms.

Yes, that’s bound to happen because we’re animals as well, but without us, the world functions on a level of basic principles: Natural competition, instead of utter destruction of whatever the fuck we want.

I’m all for human progression and blah blah blah, but really, our time is going to be over much sooner than we all think, because we are nothing.[/quote]

Honestly, I think you have some issues you may want to have checked out. Is there some goal in life you were denied perhaps?

I don’t know about you, but I’m not “nothing”. Maybe I’m more spiritual then you, but Im going to make an impact in life.

And even with all of these end world scenarios, we apparently weren’t here before, and we managed to make it (referring to being born in to life), so Im not concerned about getting back (referring to whatever occurs after death).

Even if we are just our genetic combination or whatever BS science claims…If it happened before, it’ll happen again. I’m not worried.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Lots of words.

These are close to my sentiments, except for some of your underlined political agenda you had scattered in the post. [/quote]

That is a word for word transcription from one of George Carlin’s HBO comedy specials. George called both liberals and conservatives ass clowns because they are.

I don’t really think you understood any of that post. Otherwise you wouldn’t have wrote what you did.

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
SSC wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Lots of words.

Again, all we’ve managed to do so far is deplete a large amount of its natural resources and fuck up the life cycles of many other organisms. Yes, that’s bound to happen because we’re animals as well, but without us, the world functions on a level of basic principles:

Natural competition, instead of utter destruction of whatever the fuck we want.

I’m all for human progression and blah blah blah, but really, our time is going to be over much sooner than we all think, because we are nothing.

Honestly, I think you have some issues you may want to have checked out. Is there some goal in life you were denied perhaps?

I don’t know about you, but I’m not “nothing”. Maybe I’m more spiritual then you, but Im going to make an impact in life. And even with all of these end world scenarios, we apparently weren’t here before, and we managed to make it (referring to being born in to life), so Im not concerned about getting back (referring to whatever occurs after death).

Even if we are just our genetic combination or whatever BS science claims…If it happened before, it’ll happen again. I’m not worried.[/quote]

Well, this is kind of why I wanted to avoid the theological aspect of the conversation, but since we’re there…

No, I don’t have any self-fullfilment issues that the average joe doesn’t have. You’re looking at what I’m saying and taking it too personally. You are whoever you are, but your contributions will, when all is said and done, amount to nothing.

One driving to work, sitting in a cubicle, coming home, cooking dinner, and going to sleep will not have a profound effect on existence.

“But wait - I don’t just go to work and cook dinner! I’ve accomplished a lot!”

Not really. You’ve done things that are significant to you in your life, but do you really think your next door neighbor gives a shit about your accomplishments? What about someone in the same city as you that you’ve never met - do you think they care?

Everyone is wrapped up in their own personal pursuits and expeditions. The world is introverted, and anyone who says that they put others before themselves are liars or too pretentious to notice their own hypocrisy. To say that any one human has an effect on the “final picture” of the universe is a diatribe against the idealogical continuity of existence.

The biggest difference I can surmise between any other animal and a person is that a person is much more wasteful than a turtle, zebra, or hawk… or any other animal.

It’s not that YOU won’t make an impact in SOMEONE else’s life at some point, but how will that impact effect earth in 20,000 (or sooner) years after humans have inevitably been wiped off the face of the earth?

Our basic biological function is to eat, fuck, reproduce, and die. Any other ‘accomplishments’ are self-merited delusions brought on by a subconscious narcissism that all animals live with.

We happen to have a deviation from other animals that grants us the ability of conscious thought, which means we’re bound to contemplate things much larger than ourselves - which is when we forget how insignificant every person’s actions really are.

Wake up and smell the big picture, the earth replenishes and takes care of itself - until it can no longer. This will either be caused by a third-party event that can’t be controlled, or the delapidation of natural resources and environment that will eventually lead to unsustainable living conditions for many animals.

So in that regard, yes, you are ‘making an impact in life.’

[quote]SSC wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Lots of words.

Again, all we’ve managed to do so far is deplete a large amount of its natural resources and fuck up the life cycles of many other organisms. Yes, that’s bound to happen because we’re animals as well, but without us, the world functions on a level of basic principles: Natural competition, instead of utter destruction of whatever the fuck we want.

I’m all for human progression and blah blah blah, but really, our time is going to be over much sooner than we all think, because we are nothing.[/quote]

Isn’t us winning and being where we are natural competition?

Fuck humans have won the competition, came back, and spit on most of Nature for making us play in the first place.

What happens when an animal moves into a territory occupied by another animal? Said animal either moves away or destroys the other animal.

Do you think other animals wouldn’t eat\drink this planet dry if given the chance? The reason they haven’t is because of checks and balances in nature, which humans have bypassed.

Now I’m not saying humans are the “supreme existence,” or we haven’t fucked up the planet. But we’ve survived through the ages long enough where other species have gone extinct in the same period.

I just don’t understand what’s so wrong with being on the top of the food chain. You think the other species on this planet don’t want the same? Motherfuckers are out there trying to eat our asses right now, in a literal and figurative sense.

[quote]SSC wrote:
RebornTN wrote:
SSC wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Lots of words.

Again, all we’ve managed to do so far is deplete a large amount of its natural resources and fuck up the life cycles of many other organisms. Yes, that’s bound to happen because we’re animals as well, but without us, the world functions on a level of basic principles:

Natural competition, instead of utter destruction of whatever the fuck we want.

I don’t know about you, but I’m not “nothing”. Maybe I’m more spiritual then you, but Im going to make an impact in life. And even with all of these end world scenarios, we apparently weren’t here before, and we managed to make it (referring to being born in to life), so Im not concerned about getting back (referring to whatever occurs after death).

Even if we are just our genetic combination or whatever BS science claims…If it happened before, it’ll happen again. I’m not worried.

Well, this is kind of why I wanted to avoid the theological aspect of the conversation, but since we’re there…

No, I don’t have any self-fullfilment issues that the average joe doesn’t have. You’re looking at what I’m saying and taking it too personally. You are whoever you are, but your contributions will, when all is said and done, amount to nothing.

One driving to work, sitting in a cubicle, coming home, cooking dinner, and going to sleep will not have a profound effect on existence.

“But wait - I don’t just go to work and cook dinner! I’ve accomplished a lot!”

Not really. You’ve done things that are significant to you in your life, but do you really think your next door neighbor gives a shit about your accomplishments? What about someone in the same city as you that you’ve never met - do you think they care?

Everyone is wrapped up in their own personal pursuits and expeditions. The world is introverted, and anyone who says that they put others before themselves are liars or too pretentious to notice their own hypocrisy. To say that any one human has an effect on the “final picture” of the universe is a diatribe against the idealogical continuity of existence.

The biggest difference I can surmise between any other animal and a person is that a person is much more wasteful than a turtle, zebra, or hawk… or any other animal.

It’s not that YOU won’t make an impact in SOMEONE else’s life at some point, but how will that impact effect earth in 20,000 (or sooner) years after humans have inevitably been wiped off the face of the earth?

Our basic biological function is to eat, fuck, reproduce, and die. Any other ‘accomplishments’ are self-merited delusions brought on by a subconscious narcissism that all animals live with.

We happen to have a deviation from other animals that grants us the ability of conscious thought, which means we’re bound to contemplate things much larger than ourselves - which is when we forget how insignificant every person’s actions really are.

Wake up and smell the big picture, the earth replenishes and takes care of itself - until it can no longer. This will either be caused by a third-party event that can’t be controlled, or the delapidation of natural resources and environment that will eventually lead to unsustainable living conditions for many animals.

So in that regard, yes, you are ‘making an impact in life.’[/quote]

Yay, nihilism is fun!

[quote]En Sabah Nur wrote:
SSC wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Lots of words.

Isn’t us winning and being where we are natural competition?

Fuck humans have won the competition, came back, and spit on most of Nature for making us play in the first place.

What happens when an animal moves into a territory occupied by another animal? Said animal either moves away or destroys the other animal.

Do you think other animals wouldn’t eat\drink this planet dry if given the chance? The reason they haven’t is because of checks and balances in nature, which humans have bypassed.

Now I’m not saying humans are the “supreme existence,” or we haven’t fucked up the planet. But we’ve survived through the ages long enough where other species have gone extinct in the same period.

I just don’t understand what’s so wrong with being on the top of the food chain. You think the other species on this planet don’t want the same? Motherfuckers are out there trying to eat our asses right now, in a literal and figurative sense.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I definitely agree that humans have dominated the food chain for some time now, and we definitely earned our way there. The post was directed more at those who believe they have some divine cause for being on this planet, and that Earth and its natural cycles owe something to humans. Hell, the Tyranosaurus Rex dominated the planet for some time but his shit eventually got to’ up from the flo’ up.

And Vegg - It’s not nihilism as much as it is… realism?