T Nation

Our Country is on it's Way Down the Toilet

First off let me say this is a rant that may piss people off. I don’t care.

I hate the news for many reasons but when I see stories on obesity and especially childhood obesity I just want to beat someone. I am sick of the medical profession trying to find a reason or medical condition to blame obesity on and then create a drug to push for the drug companies and fill their own pockets. It is simple, people are F@#$ing lazy! Childhood obesity is going up because schools are cutting things like physical education, and sports.

Also elementary schools are skipping recess, not to mention the amount of sugar and fats kids eat these days. It makes me sick when I see a 10 yr old kid drinking a soda and worse an energy drink. Stop feeding kids so much junk food, keep them away from the useless video games and off the internet and let them run and play outside. Kids are fat because their parents allow them to be. Growing up my parents fed me healthy meals, made me play outside, and supported my involvement in sports.

The solution is not a miracle drug but involved parents. As for fat adults they are lazy. Anyone who says I don’t have time to workout are full of crap. If they watch one hr of TV a day they have time. If we can correct this problem we will correct the health care problem at the same time.

Ok i feel better now. I will save complaining about our useless government some other time.

You think this country is ging down the shitter because of the fat people.

I can think of lots and lots of thing that piss me off more than the fatties.

Like muslims allowed free speach within our borders.I think reasons like that are what is really gonna be the downfall of this land.

That and politicians

Soon free speech will be a thing of the past, there are congressmen trying to do away with it. On another note, why should one religion be allowed free speech and not another.

There’s definitely some symbolism to America’s obesity problem in relation to the way American government runs. I suppose it gives a whole new meaning to being “spoon fed” rather than doing things through hard-work and dedication.

I think you’re giving people too much credit, Rich. There are plenty of people in this country that are fat simply because they are lazy, but obesity probably has more to do with a lack of education. I was watching a Discovery Health program about an 1100 lb. man the other day and aside from being completely immobile, his biggest problem was denial. After numerous surgeries (including gastric bypass), and a 600 lb. weight loss, this guy was convinced that he 1) didn’t eat any more than you or I do and 2) that he could “crush” any person who told him that he couldn’t have something.

Generally speaking if you ask an obese person why they are fat, they are going to tell you some interesting things. The first thing they’ll tell you is that they don’t weigh anywhere near their actual weight (ie… a 500 lb. person will tell you they weight 300) and that they don’t overeat.

I know what it feels like to be ~40-50% BF. The intense denial is paired with lethargy and a complete lack of self confidence. It’s easy to look back and say, “man how did I ever get there?” But the actuality of it was that I was never taught how to eat correctly. I thought “eating well” was having equal parts mashed potatoes (eat your vegetables kids!) and chicken fried steak (my mother actually told me that this, being meat, had no calories).

From here it would be easy to blame my mother, but her parents preached this crap to her and their parents and so on. Somebody has to break the chain. I don’t think this problem will be solved until the ideology behind wellness really hits mainstream, but as far as down the toilet I think our country is not. My two pennies anyways!

[quote]horsepuss wrote:

Like muslims allowed free speach within our borders.I think reasons like that are what is really gonna be the downfall of this land.

That and politicians[/quote]

x2
Plus shit like spending tax payer money on programs for illegal immigrants.
I don’t care about obesity. I’m not fat, so fuck it. Let fat people do what they want. Being obese is a choice.

[quote]bluefingas wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

That and politicians

x2
I don’t care about obesity. I’m not fat, so fuck it. Let fat people do what they want. Being obese is a choice.[/quote]

Well how then are liberals supposed to get elected?

illegal immigrants are Americans too.

Our generation is going to be in some shit. It sucks, but we can’t blame the fat asses of today. Blame the greedy ignorant fucks of yesterday.

[quote]bluefingas wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

That and politicians

x2
I don’t care about obesity. I’m not fat, so fuck it. Let fat people do what they want. Being obese is a choice.[/quote]

Or tax-payer dollars on jailing non-violent drug abusers for that matter. Legalize everything, addiction should not be a criminal offense. It’s a personal problem, and unless they’re out robbing people on the street corner I don’t see why they should be jailed with rapists and murders. Regulation and control ALWAYS works better than prohibition.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
bluefingas wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

That and politicians

x2
I don’t care about obesity. I’m not fat, so fuck it. Let fat people do what they want. Being obese is a choice.

Or tax-payer dollars on jailing non-violent drug abusers for that matter. Legalize everything, addiction should not be a criminal offense. It’s a personal problem, and unless they’re out robbing people on the street corner I don’t see why they should be jailed with rapists and murders. Regulation and control ALWAYS works better than prohibition. [/quote]

How would you regulate and control the use of illegal-turned-legal drugs??

Granted,they can be legal and regulated like alcohol…BUT how would you determine if a person is within a “legal limit” of being high on crack cocaine,heroin,or meth??

Living well is the best revenge. Raise your children properly and you help reduce the problem for generations to come.

Too many crybabies around here lately.

And Horsepuss, if you expect your gov to limit rights of legal Muslims in the US, then what racial, ethnic, or faith group is next? Think about it. “Sieg Heil”

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
bluefingas wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

That and politicians

x2

Or tax-payer dollars on jailing non-violent drug abusers for that matter. Legalize everything, addiction should not be a criminal offense. It’s a personal problem, and unless they’re out robbing people on the street corner I don’t see why they should be jailed with rapists and murders. Regulation and control ALWAYS works better than prohibition.

How would you regulate and control the use of illegal-turned-legal drugs??

Granted,they can be legal and regulated like alcohol…BUT how would you determine if a person is within a “legal limit” of being high on crack cocaine,heroin,or meth??

[/quote]

What about instead of having a legal limit ie a scale of “highness” like we have with alcohol intoxication they make it a simple binary function where if you’re high you can’t do shit like drive, and if you’re not then you’re ok, no in between? I realize then there’s the question of “well how long after until they are considered not high again?” and I don’t really have an answer I’m just throwing this out there.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
[/quote]

Are you for real? And no one else said anything about this-some people in the thread even agreed with this.

WTF

EDIT: I missed Chi Towns first post, and Iron Dwarf’s post didn’t show up until now, but still, what fuck is up with the people agreeing?

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
Soon free speech will be a thing of the past, there are congressmen trying to do away with it. On another note, why should one religion be allowed free speech and not another.[/quote]

It’s posts like this that make me shake my head and think I’m the only person with some god damn knowledge about how our government works. Stop being so damn paranoid and naive. There’s are 3 branches of government and a bicameral legislation for a god damn reason.

If some piece of legislation passes in the house that’s none-sense chances are it won’t pass in the Senate making it almost impossible for the President to put his John Hancock on it making it law. ON TOP OF THAT, if it’s contradictory to the Constitution which all federal employees are take an Oath to uphold and protect to be sworn into office, the SUPREME COURT can deem in unconstitutional making it null and void.

PLUS, if you don’t like something you have the RIGHT protected by the same Constitution to take proper action against said law, action you don’t like. You can organize and protest, call your state Rep/Senator and if they don’t do anything you can organize people to vote his ass out of office.

You can also introduce legislation yourself, through your elected official who HAS TO present it to the floor of the House.

So, in closing, STFU. The Bill of Rights isn’t going anywhere and stop your god damn bitching. If you don’t like what the Muslims are saying guess what, you can formally submit the right to protest RIGHT NEXT TO THEM ON THE SAME GOD DAMN DAY. Wanna know what’ll happen? Do ya champ? They’ll deny YOUR request AS WELL AS THEIR REQUEST. It would be unconstitutional to DENY ONE OR THE OTHER.

So, read a god damn book and stop listening to the Glenn Becks and the talking heads on MSNBC. They’re trying to keep you dumb and, fuck me, they’re succeeding. Things aren’t as bad as the Media portrays it. Grow a brain, grow some balls, and do something about it instead of whining and waiting for someone else to do it. Shit.

I’m going to a bar and drinking heavily.

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

Are you for real? And no one else said anything about this-some people in the thread even agreed with this.

WTF

EDIT: Iron Dwarf’s post didn’t show up until now, but still, what fuck is up with the people agreeing?[/quote]

Agreed. I am in awe that no one seemed to take offense to that statement. Some of these people must have never even been around someone of another faith for any length of time to think like that. If you only exposure to “Muslims” is through news programs focused on foreign terror attempts, you may want to turn the tv off for a while.

Was out at the bar playing a dart match last night. One guy at the bar was standing next to me and we start small talking, he mentioned something about taxes and I chuckled with him and said yea fucking taxes. Well then a third guy overhears us and chips up, what about taxes, what you don’t think you should have to pay them? I was like, Hey buddy, easy, I just think there is a lot of bullshit our government does with our money and I’m sure we could do with a lot less.

Then I shit you not he goes like this to me. “Yea, what could they possibly do with all that money, it’s not like they are fighting people who FLEW PLANES INTO OUR BUILDINGS” And he starts half yelling at me, at which point another dude came over to support him. The he said something to the effect of, well maybe if you had actually served your country you would know what the cost of freedom is. I was like “buddy, both my grandfathers fought in WWII, 4 of my uncles fought in vietnam, and 2 fought in desert storm/shield. Also one who fought desert storm recently went back active duty for the iraq war.”

Then I said, look this is not the time or the place to be having this discussion anyway, we disagree, and thats fine right? Then the other guy says “yea it’s ok, but you’re fucking wrong and were right.” I just shook my head and walked away.

Anyways, I probably deserve a couple "cool story bro"s but I just thought it related to the guy who said the problem with america is a specific group he doesn’t like having free speech.

V

I have this exact same, albeit toned down, discussion with my significant other’s parents all the time. They don’t really grasp the power of the Constitution and our system of government, but they escaped from eastern European Communism, so it’s hard to tell someone in that situation that things can’t radically change for the worse, as far as personal freedoms are concerned.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
Soon free speech will be a thing of the past, there are congressmen trying to do away with it. On another note, why should one religion be allowed free speech and not another.

It’s posts like this that make me shake my head and think I’m the only person with some god damn knowledge about how our government works. Stop being so damn paranoid and naive. There’s are 3 branches of government and a bicameral legislation for a god damn reason.

If some piece of legislation passes in the house that’s none-sense chances are it won’t pass in the Senate making it almost impossible for the President to put his John Hancock on it making it law. ON TOP OF THAT, if it’s contradictory to the Constitution which all federal employees are take an Oath to uphold and protect to be sworn into office, the SUPREME COURT can deem in unconstitutional making it null and void.

PLUS, if you don’t like something you have the RIGHT protected by the same Constitution to take proper action against said law, action you don’t like. You can organize and protest, call your state Rep/Senator and if they don’t do anything you can organize people to vote his ass out of office.

You can also introduce legislation yourself, through your elected official who HAS TO present it to the floor of the House.

So, in closing, STFU. The Bill of Rights isn’t going anywhere and stop your god damn bitching. If you don’t like what the Muslims are saying guess what, you can formally submit the right to protest RIGHT NEXT TO THEM ON THE SAME GOD DAMN DAY. Wanna know what’ll happen? Do ya champ? They’ll deny YOUR request AS WELL AS THEIR REQUEST. It would be unconstitutional to DENY ONE OR THE OTHER.

So, read a god damn book and stop listening to the Glenn Becks and the talking heads on MSNBC. They’re trying to keep you dumb and, fuck me, they’re succeeding. Things aren’t as bad as the Media portrays it. Grow a brain, grow some balls, and do something about it instead of whining and waiting for someone else to do it. Shit.

I’m going to a bar and drinking heavily.[/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LarryDavid wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

WTF

EDIT: Iron Dwarf’s post didn’t show up until now, but still, what fuck is up with the people agreeing?

Agreed. I am in awe that no one seemed to take offense to that statement. Some of these people must have never even been around someone of another faith for any length of time to think like that. If you only exposure to “Muslims” is through news programs focused on foreign terror attempts, you may want to turn the tv off for a while.
[/quote]

thank fucking christ there is still hope for humanity, albeit a modicum

xenophobic knuckle-draggers

[quote]WguitarG wrote:
I have this exact same, albeit toned down, discussion with my significant other’s parents all the time. They don’t really grasp the power of the Constitution and our system of government, but they escaped from eastern European Communism, so it’s hard to tell someone in that situation that things can’t radically change for the worse, as far as personal freedoms are concerned.

polo77j wrote:
Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

I’m going to a bar and drinking heavily.

[/quote]

Yea … i’d probably tone it down in person too, but this is the internetz … the only thing that gets through is Shock and Awe

I bet it’d be hard for you in-laws to relate to our form of Gov’t based on their experiences … Unfortunately for us I wasn’t talking to your foreign in-laws, I was addressing home-grown ignorance. Hence the indignation. They want to complain but they don’t want to learn about it and that’s where the rant and frustration came from :slight_smile: I’m happy now, thanks to my pal Jonny Walker

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

I’m going to a bar and drinking heavily.[/quote]

You seriously believe the system works that well?