Ouch! Turf Toe

Any suggestions how to treat a turf toe?

First off, is it true turf toe or does your toe just hurt? Which toe is it? What level of discomfort is it at? Have you already seen a physician regarding it already?

Generally with a true case of significant turf toe, the person is put in a boot to allow that tendon to properly heal and settle down.

[quote]LevelHeaded wrote:
First off, is it true turf toe or does your toe just hurt? Which toe is it? What level of discomfort is it at? Have you already seen a physician regarding it already?

Generally with a true case of significant turf toe, the person is put in a boot to allow that tendon to properly heal and settle down. [/quote]

Thank you for replying to my post :slight_smile: The pain was unbearable that I had to go see the doctor an hour after the post. I was diagnosed with GOUT. My grandmother has gout. I researched that it is due to excess in uric acid and that it builds up commonly on your toe area. It was my left big toe. I couldn’t even put anything close to it, it felt like a broken bone. All my descriptions matched the ones on the web when I researched it.

I need your wisdom on this. Now it stated that it is due to too much protein intake. I have not changed my protein intake but instead just increased my water intake to more than 1 1/2 gallons a day close to 2. And I added a glass of V8 vegetable juice to balance out my acidic state? I also purchased SUPERFOOD so that i can take in more vegetables daily.

Any thoughts on this?

I am not a general medical physician, so I readily admit I do not know everything about gout. But from what I do know is that it is generally caused by excess protein in your diet, but that is not the only cause/source. Increased consumption of fried foods and oils of that nature can attribute to gout flare ups, as well as excessive alcohol. I’d recommend discussing options with your physician and to ask his/her opinion on if they find medication warranted to help control the issue it is resurfaces frequently even after dietary changes.