Ouch! Elbow Pain!

I have read EC’s article on maintaining healthy elbows and wrist already. I am also taking plenty of fish oil.

A couple days ago while doing good mornings with the straight bar, my elbow started to act up. I waited a couple days then did some floor presses today with the fat bar. Low and behold, it started hurting again. This time, it was hurting in both elbows! My left elbow has been bothering me for quite sometime (never from pressing movements. Always from extensions and other single arm stuff).

It will heal up, then I will seem to aggravate it on something. To best describe the location of this pain, it would be if you had your arm stretched out in front of you with it’s palm up. Right between where the forearm meets the upper arm is the pain. Right there on the surface closest to your eyes.

Here are my questions.

1. I hear active release can help with elbow pain of this nature. How do I perform active release to make this injury feel better?

2. I hear squeezing a tennis ball helps? Is this true?

3. What else can I do besides icing and stretching?

Thank you for your help!
B

My left elbow started hurting from machine curls tonight, so I am eager to see what other folks have to say. I put blue goo (NOT blue heat) on my arm, and it seems to be helping, and I looped a rubber band around my fingertips and I am doing extensions of my fingers that way, which seems to be helping as well.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
My left elbow started hurting from machine curls tonight, so I am eager to see what other folks have to say. I put blue goo (NOT blue heat) on my arm, and it seems to be helping, and I looped a rubber band around my fingertips and I am doing extensions of my fingers that way, which seems to be helping as well.[/quote]

I will have to try the rubber band around finger tips. That sounds like a good one.

[quote]DeanoT wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:
My left elbow started hurting from machine curls tonight, so I am eager to see what other folks have to say. I put blue goo (NOT blue heat) on my arm, and it seems to be helping, and I looped a rubber band around my fingertips and I am doing extensions of my fingers that way, which seems to be helping as well.

I will have to try the rubber band around finger tips. That sounds like a good one. [/quote]

I can not take credit for it. I THINK it was a cool-tip from Chad Waterbury.

BUMP

I know your programming, and it’s simply a matter of you doing WAY too much volume.

Also, I know your flexibility is subpar.

And, you’re probably doing too much low-bar squatting and GMs.

[quote]Eric Cressey wrote:
I know your programming, and it’s simply a matter of you doing WAY too much volume.

Also, I know your flexibility is subpar.

And, you’re probably doing too much low-bar squatting and GMs.

www.EricCressey.com[/quote]

Thank you for the advice. I will work on these things, and I will try to cut my programming back more. I have been trying to not go too low with the bar on my squats and good mornings, but if I go too high, it just feels awkward (especially on good mornings).

I am going to have to try to find a happy medium. I will probably just go back to using the cambered and safety squat bar for a while, and just go light with my upper body days till this heals up.

Thanks again.
B