T Nation

OTS BBB II

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[quote]Liv92 wrote:
Okay so tomorrow is the last day of Ramp 2 (6x a week) I wish I could make progress like MODOK and STB :confused:

I’ll give you guys my starting numbers and were i am now, and you tell me how i’ve been coming along.

Bench: 155 x6, Today I got 185 x 8
Squat: 255x 8, Tomorrow going for 275 <- not allot of progress here really, i need to start focusing on this :confused:
Seated Military: 95 x8-10, 135 9x
Dumbbell seated Military: 45 x13, 60 x13
Barbell curls: 75x10, 95 x10
Incline Bench 115 x10, 155x11

All my back stuff has gotten allot stronger too. I can now do 1 handed rows on HS Row machine with 3Plates and a ten for good clean 10 reps.

I’m hoping my strength explodes this SG phase cause Ramp2 has been killer working chest back and legs 6 times a week. I’ve still managed to make progress on almost every lift every week though.

So what do you think with progress that I made? Be honest and let me have it.

P.s. my BW went from like 185ish to 195-200 I didn’t put on much fat really but i’ve never been lean to begin with.

Edit: this is all in pounds btw if you didn’t figure. I’m also 6 foot tall. [/quote]

Very solid for 12 weeks in my opinion. What is your weight at and how much were you eating during this time?
[/quote]

Like I said i’m still on the program and im at 195-200lbs range. Today is the last day of ramp2

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[quote]Liv92 wrote:
Okay so tomorrow is the last day of Ramp 2 (6x a week) I wish I could make progress like MODOK and STB :confused:

I’ll give you guys my starting numbers and were i am now, and you tell me how i’ve been coming along.

Squat: 255x 8, Tomorrow going for 275 <- not allot of progress here really, i need to start focusing on this :confused:

All my back stuff has gotten allot stronger too. I can now do 1 handed rows on HS Row machine with 3Plates and a ten for good clean 10 reps.

I’m hoping my strength explodes this SG phase cause Ramp2 has been killer working chest back and legs 6 times a week. I’ve still managed to make progress on almost every lift every week though.

P.s. my BW went from like 185ish to 195-200 I didn’t put on much fat really but i’ve never been lean to begin with.

Edit: this is all in pounds btw if you didn’t figure. I’m also 6 foot tall. [/quote]

Very solid for 12 weeks in my opinion. What is your weight at and how much were you eating during this time?
[/quote]

Like I said i’m still on the program and im at 195-200lbs range. Today is the last day of ramp2 [/quote]

Thats really good progress man!

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

[/quote]

Like I said i’m still on the program and im at 195-200lbs range. Today is the last day of ramp2 [/quote]

Thats really good progress man!
[/quote]

Thanks. I see it differently though. I see it i’m still only benching 185 :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll give it time though. I can’t wait to finally be doing 225+ in my workouts.

By next year this time, I want to be benching 315 for atleast 6.

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[/quote]

Wow somehow I read that as your bench went from 185 to 195-200, which seemed wrong anyway lol.

How much were you eating throughout the ramps? AD style like Modok did at the time or more carbs?

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[/quote]

Wow somehow I read that as your bench went from 185 to 195-200, which seemed wrong anyway lol.

How much were you eating throughout the ramps? AD style like Modok did at the time or more carbs?[/quote]

Haha I said earlier I live with my parents and I got no job so I can’t eat like that. I just eat water ever I can get away with, without putting on too much fat. i’ll have 8-12 eggs a day (usually 8, but today i had 12 for example i feel worn out) and lots of milk. My parents will cook for lunch and dinner some type of meat (chicken, steak, ect.) with some rice or pasta.

I have put fat on my belly though im not gonna lie, not an extreme amount and it’s not really visable through my shirts. But whatever, I just hope it pays off in the end.

[quote]Ripped Fury wrote:
http://www.slideshare.net/...g-beyond-belief

I clicked on the above link but I’m getting an error:

“Slideshow Temporarily Suspended”

Is there another source?
[/quote]

Edit:

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[/quote]

How much were you eating throughout the ramps? AD style like Modok did at the time or more carbs?[/quote]

Haha I said earlier I live with my parents and I got no job so I can’t eat like that. I just eat water ever I can get away with, without putting on too much fat. i’ll have 8-12 eggs a day (usually 8, but today i had 12 for example i feel worn out) and lots of milk. My parents will cook for lunch and dinner some type of meat (chicken, steak, ect.) with some rice or pasta.

I have put fat on my belly though im not gonna lie, not an extreme amount and it’s not really visable through my shirts. But whatever, I just hope it pays off in the end. [/quote]

Live with your parents and no job? Im in similar circumstances although I work just only a few hours a week and live with my parents and its the best thing ever for my bodybuilding purposes. My mom buys whatever I need and bbqs for me a couple times a day, usually chicken at lunch steak at night and whenever i run out of food there’s more the next day its awesome

Week 3, RAMP 1 4D/PW

I crawled out of the gym today, 5 sets of squats, 90 second breaks. 13-15 reps.

I nearly vommed, I gagged twice between set 4 and 5.

I’m not used to training a muscle group this often, it’s telling on me.

I feel a bit broken.

Only 2 more workouts to gut out then it’s almost a dam holiday in the super growth.

I’ve actually gained 5lbs so far, and some strength gains, but it’s hard to determine how well it’s working as I hadn’t trained for 5 months previous to this.

It’s hard to put my finger on this routine, whilst I feel like the walking dead, at the same time It feels “right”, time will tell but I don’t think I’ll ever go back to once a week bodypart training or such individualized splits.

I’ve not trained like this since being 19, some 20 years ago, at 40 , I know I’m in a fight, but I’ll keep pushing on, I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Wish I had the time for a sports massage on my calves and thighs…

[quote]SAH wrote:
Week 3, RAMP 1 4D/PW
I crawled out of the gym today, 5 sets of squats, 90 second breaks. 13-15 reps.
I nearly vommed, I gagged twice between set 4 and 5.
I’m not used to training a muscle group this often, it’s telling on me.
I feel a bit broken.[/quote]
i hear you man. i’m doing my second workout of week three tonight even though my everything hurts. this ramp can’t end soon enough.

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:

i hear you man. i’m doing my second workout of week three tonight even though my everything hurts. this ramp can’t end soon enough.
[/quote]

Have fun with that mate, if you’re doing the 4 day, that’s the 5 sets of squats workouts.

I’m structured like this.

Monday day 1
Tuesday day 2
Wed - Rest
THursday - day 3
Friday - Rest
Saturday Day 4
Sunday - Rest.

How you have it?

[quote]SAH wrote:

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:

i hear you man. i’m doing my second workout of week three tonight even though my everything hurts. this ramp can’t end soon enough.[/quote]

Have fun with that mate, if you’re doing the 4 day, that’s the 5 sets of squats workouts.

I’m structured like this.

Monday day 1
Tuesday day 2
Wed - Rest
THursday - day 3
Friday - Rest
Saturday Day 4
Sunday - Rest.

How you have it?[/quote]
yeah, i’m doing the 4x per week scheduled the same way you have it. i tried doing days 3 and 4 back to back (thrusday and friday) on week 1 and quickly found out that was in no way going to work (i didn’t think it was going to but i had to try it).

and yeah, 5 sets of squats tonight. that should be loads of fun if i can stand up at the end of it.

Yeah , day 3 and 4, just impossible to run back to back, day 1 and 2’s lower volume had to go b2b to make this viable for me.

Even with the days break on 3 and 4, I’m still aching horribly in the thighs and lower back.

Have fun with the squats, I nearly threw up all over my feet today.

I’m throwing down a metric ton of BCAA pre - during and post, I’m guessing it would be even worse without.

Roll on Sunday…

Drop in when you can, I’ll do the same, we can try and keep each other focussed.

What do you guys think about changing the rep scheme to 10-12, 7-9, 4-6?

^ Bumping that question for someone knowledgeable :stuck_out_tongue:

most of the older guys like to say dont fuck with the program (do it as is) but im pretty sure SmalltoBig did that and he had a lot of success with it

I wanted to try this program out … and scoured the net and finally found a working download… this is the full PDF and is printable. (2MB in size)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=23JIDOUP

bump to this thread. finally going to start this after a long dieting phase. would be nice if vets of this training method can chime in. i’ll be running 6x/week and my exercise selections are as follow:

Day 1 (13-15):

DB Row
Bench Press
Cable Curl
Seated Calves Raise

Day 2 (13-15):

Military Press
Dips
Squats
Weighted Sit-ups

Day 3 (10-12):

DB Press
Chin ups
Preacher Curls
Seated Calves Raise

Day 4 (10-12):

DB Shoulder Press
Rope Pulldowns
Deadlift
Weighted Sit-ups

Day 5 (8-10):

Bench Press
DB Row
BB Curl
Seated Calves Raise

Day 6 (8-10):

Military Press
Dips
Squats
Weighted Sit-ups

I’m in.

I’m in the middle of ramp 1 super growth. 4x/week. I was inspired by Modok and his testimonial on the program, loving it so far.

Question for veterans: I’ve just finished up 12 weeks on the program with great results (up 15 pounds without too much gain on my waist) but I’m looking to do a short (4 week) cut now. What do you guys recommend for the lifting program to try and maintain as much of my gains as possible?

I was thinking of just re-starting and doing Ramp 1 while on a caloric deficit. Would that be too difficult on my body? I’ve read that the best way to maintain mass on a cut is with whatever program has helped gain mass in the first place. Any thoughts?