T Nation

Other Supps You Use

The non-stim thread got me wondering, and checking out bodybuilding.com. Just wondering if you guys use any non-Biotest suppls? E.g. I use GABA, Melatonin and Valerian root to help me get to sleep (cycle with Z-12). I’m also thinking of getting some Arginine.

Basically, just throw any good supps you can think of at the rest of us for future reference. I’ve already mentioned mine. Oh, another thing I occasionally use is liquid sucralose. Love that sh*t!

G

Other than a multi vitamin… i used to use arginine. I used to mix it in ice coffee pre workout. I used to think it worked great, big pump and strength. stopped using it for about a month, got back on it and didnt seem to have the same effects. Been using little bit of ON creatine EE post workout, i prefer it over monohydrate, less bloating.

I use Opti-Men multi vitamin from Optimum Nutrition and WMS in my peri-workout shakes.

Vitamin D and L-arginine.

Elusive: I tried WMS too… Didn’t notice any difference from it so not really using it ATM.

I should really get a multivitamin…

RRJC, what does Arginine do for you? And Vitamin D?

[quote]G87 wrote:

RRJC, what does Arginine do for you? And Vitamin D?[/quote]

Vitamin D

It’s so cheap everyone should take it.

[quote]G87 wrote:
Elusive: I tried WMS too… Didn’t notice any difference from it so not really using it ATM.

I take Vit. D primarily for the relaxing effect it has when I don’t get enough sun. I’m naturally jittery and it helps. For other benefits see Vitamin D thread. I also occasionally take cayenne pepper, for the same reason, it gives a nice warm relaxing feeling in your belly (weird, I know, but I’m stressed a lot and I like the relaxing supplements.)

Most multivitamins are crap… take superfood and do your research first. The only multi I’d recommend is Nutrilite XX.

vitamin D
vitamin C

Creatine monohydrate, Multi vitamin, B complex, Melatonin, HexaGHen, Fish-Oil. Also I love my multi, I don’t think it’s crap at all… except for it being excessively expensive.

Poliquin ultra hcl 3.0

[quote]G87 wrote:

Arginine is the precursor for the production of nitric oxide. Basically improves blood flow, your blood vessels supposedly expand when taken, therefore it is known to give a larger than normal pump.

Zinc for me I have read up on it an it seems to be something alot of people well almost every one lack

[quote]markymark1 wrote:
G87 wrote:

RRJC, what does Arginine do for you? And Vitamin D?

Arginine is the precursor for the production of nitric oxide. Basically improves blood flow, your blood vessels supposedly expand when taken, therefore it is known to give a larger than normal pump. [/quote]

I got SLANDERED for saying arginine was effective. It improves blood flow in those that have a problem, but for a normal person, it doesnt induce vasodialation for what you pay for it.

A good protein usually with the whey constituting for 80 percent and casein filling the other 20 percent.

I have found all the hyped up supplements to be garbage, except for the proven basics. I enjoy a preworkout drink (one of those n.o. products) as it has creatine, luciene, and caffeine which i find worth the buck.

Fenugreek seed powder, flax seed powder, rhidola rosea? (the actual herb in a whole piece)I think I spelled it right, chromium, selenium, zinc, fish oil, and some Bulk BCAAs

I take Met-rx Super greens (in addition to my Superfood)

a generic Fish oil because I take too many of those things in a day

Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey (In addition to MD in every shake)

DMAE, Vinpo, Paracetam, Melatonin, Emergen-C, Greens Powder, Beta-Alanine

I buy everything in bulk, so most people who come over think I’m a supplement junky.

The brain function booster stuff I have is goddam amazing.

Seriously if you want to try a good arginine…try plasmajet from Gaspari nutrition…its crazy…and you take it only on workout days…about an hour before. 15 minutes before my workout i take Surge Workout Fuel and its crazy !!! Pumps, size and energy are amazing. I’ve tried all the arginine based products, for me the 2 bests are MRI NO2 and Plasmajet.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
DMAE, Vinpo, Paracetam, Melatonin, Emergen-C, Greens Powder, Beta-Alanine

I buy everything in bulk, so most people who come over think I’m a supplement junky.

The brain function booster stuff I have is goddam amazing. [/quote]

I never got much out of vinpo… Oxiracetam winds me up too much, I have trouble going to bed and pee all the time, lol. Care to say a few words about piracetam?

While the cornerstone of my diet is Metabolic Drive, I also use the following

-Cyctosport Whey (Cookies N Creme lately)

-Optimum Nutrition’s BCAA powder (cheap enough that you don’t mind throwing 15 - 20g in a periworkout drink)

-BJs brand Fish Oils (just couldn’t afford the Flameout anymore, although I still recommend them to folks with good jobs -lol)

-EAS Carb Control Bars (choc crisp flavor tastes like a rice crispy treat)

-Species Nutrition’s Lipolyze and Somalyze (actually giving me a nice little edge while I’m cutting. I will say though that I only reason I’m not using HOT-ROX is because it’s actually on a lot of the Natural BBing federations’ list of “banned substances”)

S

Hey, Stu! Boy am I glad you’re using Lipolyze… lol… I’ve been trying to figure out if it’s safe to use or not because of liver toxicity (usnic acid). Have you done any research on this? How long have you been using the products for, yourself?

How’s the Cytosport Whey taste? The reason I keep going back to GROW Whey is that it’s tasteless… Which is, so far, preferable to most protein powders I’ve tasted :(. I tend to mix with water, too, which makes it worse.