OT: Guru Meltdown

Personally I never saw why exactly he was considered a “guru”. For someone who ketodieted all the time and proposed all these theories,which anyone with a biochem or science background and did this diet for a long period of time could have come up with, he really looked like crap! I mean shit, it’s a ketogenic diet, something that has been around since the 50’s and gets recycled every 10 years. Did he really come up with any ground breaking stuff?

Well actually, the guy who’s pissed doesn’t seem to have that great a reason to be pissed against the guy he pissed at–don’t misjudge the situation by which personality you’ve clashed with before. This was a case of two friends, one setting the other up with a joke, and the fall guy guru getting steamed and embarrassed and overexploding all over the newsgroup. Plus, this isn’t just about two guys–the guru then took aim at another friend of his (an individual who is trusted and well-liked on the ng), obscenely swearing him down for daring to suggest that Androsol has actually helped him build muscle (seems the guru is a lone voice protesting that it does nothing; despite the thousands of us who can attest otherwise). Those are the two MAJOR storms; he’s been swiping at other guys and girls in the ng for insufficient reason, too, and making weird claims about developing a way to alter one’s genetic structures with food, likely making him “richer than God” by the end of the year (“and you know I’m smart enough to do it, too!”). No, Bill, as contentious as the other guy might seem, this isn’t just a pat answer. This is a really, genuinely, weird personality development. Also, are you sure you’ve got the guru’s perspectives properly discerned? His harsh comments about T-mag/Biotest seem to be personally-motivated. I mean, we all finally left RS in the junkyard, and now this guy is taking his turn swiping at Tmag, when Tmag is something I really respect. (no, the moderators didn’t add that last dcomment–it’s my own words: I really RESPECT Tmag. And happy to say it.)

Who the hell is everyone talking about? Why is everyone being so secretive here on who these 2 guys and why they are arguing and why they have personality problems? What do u think is gonna happen, they are going to find u and kill you? And if, it sounds like we are talking about Ketogenic Lylie. i just bought the book from t-mags recommendation. And it is pretty good. the diet template isnt all that invoative goes as far keto diets go, and he does say that also, but all the other stuff, training, health concerns etc is what makes this book worth it.

Bill: I’m not referring to L’s tiff with P, although in my opinion it was a harmless joke insofar as L was merely given enough rope to hang himself (he didn’t have to make that call, after all). Instead, I’m referring to the confrontation Smokinghawk (cool alias, Smokey :slight_smile: discussed, i.e., where L ripped into, um, “Ned Storm” for suggesting that transdermal 4-AD is efficacious. In addition, L directed quite a few other derogatory and uncalled-for remarks towards Ned, including calling him a pansy. This is a ridiculous situation given Ned’s obviously superior physique, and is about as asinine as the time last year when L went off on a rant in WeightsNet regarding Dr. Mel Siff’s expertise.

James: I agree with you regarding the guru thing, and that's why I put it in quotes in my first post. A legend in his own mind, as many such people often are...

In any event, I brought this subject up because I find this rapid personality deterioration quite fascinating. I predict a spectacular and public flameout for this individual, perhaps something along the lines of The Doors' song "The End".

Lyle is just having a bit of a hard time. He still knows more about dieting and nutrition than 95% of the “sane” gurus out there.

Jert: On a training matter – yeah, I know, kind of a wacky topic for this thread – I’m curious about your views regarding transdermal 4-AD and 4-AD in general. You have a lot more direct experience with anabolics than I do, so what’s your view on the issues? Disregarding the differences in products, do you think the transdermal delivery system is cost-effective enough, and do you feel that 4-AD itself is a worthwhile supplement for the purposes of building muscle while staying lean? Personally, I think 4-AD (transdermal in particular) is decent for bulking, but IMO it really shines when it comes to retaining LBM while dieting.

(repy to Smokinghawk) Yes, I know that
the guy in question is very anti-T-mag, but I don’t take it personally or hold it against him. He was very upset about how he was treated in the magazine once – he wrote a rebuttal to an article that really was quite flawed, and T-mag allowed the original author to rebut him, and that author did do so in an offensive way – and that so far as I can tell is the cause of the anti-T-mag, anti-Biotest attitude. That is, though, evidence that he can let his judgments become quite skewed by personal bias. A lot of people have that flaw though so I wouldn’t stop being friends with somone over that.

Thanks, Bill. I know the event youre talking about, and I think Lyle’s rebuttal actually brought a lot of good to T-mag by showing that you attract serious and hard science. I also agree that the reaction of his adversary was less than flattering. Lyle, like RS, seems to extend that animosity outward like a ripple effect (going after Biotest supps, John B, you, TC, etc.). I’m glad to see that you don’t allow that to become a personal issue, and I’m pleased to see that Biotest runs its business that way.

Thanks to the comments below about my name–Smokinghawk is a traditional family name.

Smokinghawk (or anyone else):
What newsgroup are you referng to in regards to this controversy? I am only familiar with LM from the old metamorhposis site and his book. Although CKD’s never really worked well for me I thought he was an excellent writer and his book gave an excellent foundation in basic nutrition. I must admit I’m rather dissappointed with the viscious nature of many of these “gurus” (Bill you are a notable exception- you probably don’t even consider yourself a guru). Up till now I thought LM was exempt from that category, what a pity…

While he certainly seems to know his stuff when it comes to keto and ephedrine, I think he’s off base on this one. Just my opinion.