T Nation

Oscars Blew

The Hurt Locker was stupid. How ANYONE thinks that movie is worthy of any kind of praise at all is way beyond me. I mean, come the fuck on? Forget all the shit about it being realistic, just take a step back from an overall perspective. There was NOTHING noteable abou that movie. It was bland, generic, boring, choppy and stupid. Like Point Break in Iraq, with a black guy in it.

What? I thought that was a great movie. I haven’t seen all of the others, but of what I saw, they were by no means much more extraordinary than “Hurt Locker”.

Glad Bridges got the best actor.

Point Break was a fucking masterpiece.

By insulting this movie you invalidated your previous comment about the Hurt Locker.

That is all.

I’ve yet to see Hurt Locker, Avatar too for that matter.

But talking shit about point break? That just makes zero sense.
Johnny fucking Utah jumped out of a plane without a chute! When he lands oh Bhodi all Bhodi could say was “damn you’re a radical sonofabitch!!”

nowadays there’s Baldwin brothers doing it on tv commercials, but back when that movie came out it was insane.

As for the production of the show…
Baldwin and martin aren’t no Martin and Lewis. They did ok but they weren’t used to each other and it showed. The Oscar program itself gets a C from me, moreso because every actor who got up on stage to present or recieve took the role of humble reverence for the “craft” waaaay to over the top.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
The Hurt Locker was stupid. How ANYONE thinks that movie is worthy of any kind of praise at all is way beyond me. I mean, come the fuck on? Forget all the shit about it being realistic, just take a step back from an overall perspective. There was NOTHING noteable abou that movie. It was bland, generic, boring, choppy and stupid. Like Point Break in Iraq, with a black guy in it.[/quote]

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
The Hurt Locker was stupid. How ANYONE thinks that movie is worthy of any kind of praise at all is way beyond me. I mean, come the fuck on? Forget all the shit about it being realistic, just take a step back from an overall perspective. There was NOTHING noteable abou that movie. It was bland, generic, boring, choppy and stupid. Like Point Break in Iraq, with a black guy in it.[/quote]

You just sold me on renting The Hurt Locker. Also, I have the day off so before I go lift I’m gonna watch Point Break and make some lunch. I’m so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a dead rhino.

Gary Busey ROCKED in Point Break: Favorite quote: “Utah, gimme two!”

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Gary Busey ROCKED in Point Break: Favorite quote: “Utah, gimme two!”[/quote]

John C. McGinley was awesome as Harp too… Great movie.

“Little hand says it’s time to rock 'n roll!”

“I’m an F-B-I agent!”

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

[/quote]

I was replying to that thread, I don’t know how on Earth it wound up this way. Maybe they split the thread up into two seperate threads? I’m really weirded out, like Twilight Zone.

But the Hurt Locker still sucks donkey balls, and so does Point Break.

Not sure why this thread split, but if anyone wants to respond, please post in this thread: http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/oscars_blew_1:

Thanks!