T Nation

OSC Program?

Chad, or anybody else…

1. I am now on a lowcarbdiet - after 5 weeks my fatpercent have been reduced from 12,9 to 8,9 without losing any mass.

I have 5 weeks left of the diet. Should i go for the OSC program og just a basic 4 x 6 protocol, each muscle group 1 time a week?(I thought about TTT training which I have had good success with earlier, but I think this works better on a mass period with enough calories)

1. I have search on t-mag articles but I can’t fin the OSC program. Anybody with a link?

[quote]mikeynorth wrote:
Chad, or anybody else…

1. I am now on a lowcarbdiet - after 5 weeks my fatpercent have been reduced from 12,9 to 8,9 without losing any mass.

I have 5 weeks left of the diet. Should i go for the OSC program og just a basic 4 x 6 protocol, each muscle group 1 time a week?(I thought about TTT training which I have had good success with earlier, but I think this works better on a mass period with enough calories)

1. I have search on t-mag articles but I can’t fin the OSC program. Anybody with a link?
    [/quote]

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459262

thanks for the link…

but here is what i could read: "Note: Although many will experience fat loss on this program, trainees should not be on a super-low calorie diet if they plan to do this workout. It’s very demanding and high volume. Therefore, it’s a great hypertrophy program that will simultaneously skyrocket total-body conditioning levels. "

I am now only at 1700-1900 kcal a day almost protein and fat only for 5 more weeks. The last 2 weeks no carbs. So this program should not be used on a super-low calorie diet.

What kind of strategy should i then follow the last weeks on the diet to maintain mass? TTT program 3 times a week, or 4x6 (low volume, high intensity)each muscle group one time a week?

I’ve done both TTT and OSC. I love OSC for it’s overall conditioning effect, but I wouldn’t want to do it on a restricted calorie state. I did it at maintenance level calories and still lost weight. I did TTT with restricted calories and I thought it was just about right. I didn’t get wiped out but felt like I still worked out. I’d do TTT if I were you.

Sterno