T Nation

Osama & The Superbowl

Osama has said he will strike at 'the heart of America'. Didn't Chevrolet advertise itself as 'the heartbeat of America'? And the Superbowl is in Detroit...

While the superbowl might be a good guess for a target, your supporting logic is painful to behold.

I agree as a target of opportunity and one that would have an incredible impact but your Detroit and Old Chevy commercial as clues to the inter workings of Bin Laden's mind is something of a stretch.

Cows have hearts. Cows are used to make hamburgers. McDonalds sells lots of hamburgers. Ergo, it's obvious to see that Ronald McDonald is Osama Bin Hamburgler's next target.

Seriously though, the Superbowl would make a lot of sense.

Fucking Pussy! Show yourself Bitch!

Wasn't logic, Vroom. When I read what he said, that's the first thing that popped into my head. The tape came out a couple of weeks before the Superbowl and the guy talks about striking the heart (maybe he means heartland) of America.

Also, the Detroit area, which is where I grew up, has a very large Middle Eastern population. You've got to guess there might be a terror cell in there.

BTW: one 'burb, Hamtramck, now plays the call to pray 5 times/day over a city wide PA system. I'd bet there's a nest in there somewhere.

Do you mean me? Why would anyone want to look at my ugly face :slight_smile: ???

This gets a little acarier. In 1980, Sadaam was given the key to the city of Detroit (this was back when he was a good oppressive dictator). Now since Sadaam and Osama have been long-time tagteam partners, maybe Sadaam passed the key to Osama. Now I am glad that my Eagles sucked this year.

Report: Bin Laden Already Dead
FOX News
Wednesday, December 26, 2001

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader.

"The Coalition troops are engaged in a mad search operation but they would never be able to fulfill their cherished goal of getting Usama alive or dead," the source said.

Bin Laden, according to the source, was suffering from a serious lung complication and succumbed to the disease in mid-December, in the vicinity of the Tora Bora mountains. The source claimed that bin Laden was laid to rest honorably in his last abode and his grave was made as per his Wahabi belief.

About 30 close associates of bin Laden in Al Qaeda, including his most trusted and personal bodyguards, his family members and some "Taliban friends," attended the funeral rites. A volley of bullets was also fired to pay final tribute to the "great leader."

The Taliban source who claims to have seen bin Laden's face before burial said "he looked pale ... but calm, relaxed and confident."

Asked whether bin Laden had any feelings of remorse before death, the source vehemently said "no." Instead, he said, bin Laden was proud that he succeeded in his mission of igniting awareness amongst Muslims about hegemonistic designs and conspiracies of "pagans" against Islam. Bin Laden, he said, held the view that the sacrifice of a few hundred people in Afghanistan was nothing, as those who laid their lives in creating an atmosphere of resistance will be adequately rewarded by Almighty Allah.

When asked where bin Laden was buried, the source said, "I am sure that like other places in Tora Bora, that particular place too must have vanished."

Osama, show yourself......but maybe he's dead?

It does seem strange that, with all the high tech we have available, we can't nail the guy. I certainly hope he is dead, but have to wonder if he's being kept 'alive' as a myth. Change his name to Goldstein and we're in Orwell's 1984.

Interesting post, JTF!

Does anyone else remember how Osama released a tape 2 or 3 or 4 years ago saying that, within a year from that time he would "die in the belly of the Eagle," i.e. insinuating that he'd be involved in a suicide attack in the U.S.? We obviously have to take his threats seriously, but he's clearly been hindered from accomplishing everything he'd like.

Either the Super Bowl or the Grey Cup.

I dont see why a US newspaper would want to say "he died a peaceful death" as opposed to "he died of lung complications." I know damn well it pisses me off that this motherfucker died a "peaceful death" if he did actually die. If it was up to me, (and im pretty sure I'm being conserviative when it come to choosing his death) I would personally poke pinholes in his lungs and watch him suffer while gasping for air for hours on end. Maybe put his nuts in a vice, too.

I'm not necessarily saying they should have put a torturous spin on it, I just dont see why a "he died of lung complications" would have done the job better then "he died peacefully" of lung complications.

Osama has been on ice for a couple of years already, and just before Bush steps out of office he'll pull the body out and parade him with the caption, "We got him". I wonder how much longer will AL-CIA-DA continue to release these fake tapes...

I thought he was going to do it before the 2004 election.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting the election was rigged.

Osama Bin Laden is a fictional character. The WTC were destroyed with C4 and the Pentagon was attacked with truck bomb.

The 4 planeloads of people on 9/11 were diverted to an island in the Pacific and all the passengers are living with Elvis and Jim Morrison.

That damn Hamtramck prayer caller has woken me up at the most ungodly hour of the morning.

Dearborn MI which borders Detroit, has the largest Muslim community outside of the middle east. They've made a few arrests in there.

Metro Detroit is one of the few areas of America where Muslims can easily fit in. I'm not sure if they would want to spoil that.