Osama Bin Laden Dead

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Speaking of firefighters, (and not to derail this thread), have any of you seen the documentary film “102 Minutes That Changed America”? It was put together with footage taken by people who witnessed the event unfolding (not news media) from many different vantage points. Amazing emotional footage. I got really choked up seeing the firefighters going into the WTC,… a long line of them, one right after anther. These were the last images ever taken of these guys… the last time they would ever be seen on this earth.

[/quote]

I’m in the process of trying to get hired as a FFer. In one of our classes our instructor showed us some clips from that video… Crazy stuff. There was a story about a fire captain (I believe) who was on his off day when he got the news. He went to the station to grab his gear and everyone was already gone. He was driving to the WTC and got stuck in gridlock traffic 2 miles from ground zero so he got all geared up, left his car in the road and took off running in between the stopped traffic to get in there and help. That was the last time anyone ever saw him was all geared up running through traffic to go help.

Talk about moving stuff. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the class.[/quote]

Damn.

I saw an interview on TV a few days ago with the father of one of the lost firefighters. He said he was on his cellphone talking to his son who was in the lobby of the WTC with many other fitrfighters when they all started scrambling for the exits… after hearing the building collapsing above them. Needless to say his son never made it out. Brave heroes almost seems too light a term for these men.
[/quote]

Good luck with getting into the FF Greg, you’ll do them proud.

The link is a related story, when I read your post I thought of the Towers to Tunnel Run.

I think we have to constantly remind ourselves of selfless people who have done so much. It really puts the “problems” in our own life into perspective.