Osama and Alcee

Phone rings: OBL: “Hello Alcee, good friend!”
Alcee Hastings: “Osama, don’t call me…someone may be listening!!”
OBL: “Oh, don’t worry, my friend! Tracking phone calls from terrorists is no longer allowed by your congress!”
AH: “Oh yeah, I forgot! Thank God!”

OBL: “Anyway, I’m sending you a $5 million dollar gift, to celebrate you being made head of the Intelligence Committee! I’d also like for you to ignore a couple of things that might pop up on your ‘radar screen’ over the next couple of months.”

AH: “No worries, always happy to help anyone who knows how to talk to me!”

OBL: “Oh, and Alcee, next March 15 or so, since you are my good friend, don’t take a trip to New York. Take a vacation in the mountains, far away from people.”

(muttering in background)

OBL: “Yes…and my friends say maybe don’t go to Chicago. They’re still making up their minds.”

AH: “I do so love the mountains! Okay, Osama my DISTINCT PLEASURE talking to you. Bye!”

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Phone rings: OBL: “Hello Alcee, good friend!”
Alcee Hastings: “Osama, don’t call me…someone may be listening!!”
OBL: “Oh, don’t worry, my friend! Tracking phone calls from terrorists is no longer allowed by your congress!”
AH: “Oh yeah, I forgot! Thank God!”

OBL: “Anyway, I’m sending you a $5 million dollar gift, to celebrate you being made head of the Intelligence Committee! I’d also like for you to ignore a couple of things that might pop up on your ‘radar screen’ over the next couple of months.”

AH: “No worries, always happy to help anyone who knows how to talk to me!”

OBL: “Oh, and Alcee, next March 15 or so, since you are my good friend, don’t take a trip to New York. Take a vacation in the mountains, far away from people.”

(muttering in background)

OBL: “Yes…and my friends say maybe don’t go to Chicago. They’re still making up their minds.”

AH: “I do so love the mountains! Okay, Osama my DISTINCT PLEASURE talking to you. Bye!”[/quote]

And to think, I just defended you as being a person who has a point to his propaganda.

Strictly propaganda. Not a good arguement at all.

When will you morons learn that extremism is one of the worst forms of arguement? It only seems to offend the moderates and alienate those who may have taken your side otherwise.

just when I think you couldn’t post anything more useless, you go and do this.

Can your next conversation be of Cheney and Big Energy? Pleeeeeaaaaaaase?

From the NY Times:

"On the one hand, she is under pressure from black lawmakers to promote a committee veteran, Alcee L. Hastings of Florida, a federal judge who was removed from the bench by Congress after a bribery charge in 1989, though he was acquitted in a criminal case.

At the same time, some more conservative Democrats who supported Mr. Hoyer have been stepping up their campaign for Representative Jane Harman of California, who is the senior Democrat on the panel but has clashed with Ms. Pelosi."

Now, I’m HAPPY for Alcee. He doesn’t have to solicit those puny $150,000 bribes. Where he is now, he can go for the bigger prizes of Congressional leadership.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
From the NY Times:

"On the one hand, she is under pressure from black lawmakers to promote a committee veteran, Alcee L. Hastings of Florida, a federal judge who was removed from the bench by Congress after a bribery charge in 1989, though he was acquitted in a criminal case.

At the same time, some more conservative Democrats who supported Mr. Hoyer have been stepping up their campaign for Representative Jane Harman of California, who is the senior Democrat on the panel but has clashed with Ms. Pelosi."

Now, I’m HAPPY for Alcee. He doesn’t have to solicit those puny $150,000 bribes. Where he is now, he can go for the bigger prizes of Congressional leadership.

[/quote]

Cos everything people have done in the past reflects who they are now…

For God’s sake, get a life outside of an internet forum.