Orlando Terror Attacks

You know what CT just did to gun owners a little while back right?

This shouldn’t surprise you. There was one woman who stormed out in tears when confiscation was removed from the bill.

Limo libs the lot of them.

And they have managed to turn an act of terrorism into a gun control football. As if a determined terrorist could not find a way to kill people.
The stupidity just kills me. It’s not even the stupidity of the people who say it, but the people who buy it.

Someone deep in the throws of Islamism is the weapon we need to worry about not the instrument they use.

Pat, it sounds like you need a refresher on the Constitution and Bill of Rights. You can’t blame a religion or attempt to do anything in an attempt to limit the absolute RIGHT of foreigners of certain religions to come to this country. Our only constitutional hope of fighting back against incidents such as this one is guns laws.

The First Amendment reads: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
-This clearly means that no law shall be passed at any level of government regarding religion. Additionally, it clearly states that all foreigners of all religions must be permitted to live here. Example of a policy that would violate this: Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, atheism, and worshipping any god are permitted, but those who practice Islam must pass additional tests or be subjected to stricter scrutiny prior to living in the United States. I’m sure that I don’t have to explain to you how such a policy would violate the first amendment even if such were done at the state level. Asking that those who practice one religion be subjected to stricter testing than those practicing(or not practicing) other religions prior to coming to this country would clearly be an establishment of and the prohibition of the free exercise of religion. This could not possibly be more clear.

Contrast that with the Second Amendment: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
-Clearly, this means that the federal government has the right to limit the arms possessed by citizens. This could not possibly be more clear.

What if an executive action abridged these? (And a judge upheld it)

We are disturbed by them,” West Hollywood Mayor Lauren Meister said of the posters. “We don’t believe in an eye for an eye, and we advocate against gun violence.”

The signs don’t advocate eye for an eye, they advocate self-defense and individual responsibility for one’s own safety against people who would do them harm…That mayor is irresponsible to spin it any other way

3 Likes

She must be married to that journalist who bruised his shoulder and developed self-diagnosed temporary PTSD after allegedly firing and AR-15

They’re so damn disingenuous it’s sickening

1 Like

The simple fact this nitwit called the parasympathetic nervous system response “PTSD” should invalidate anyone ever taking him serious in “journalism” ever again.

I wish those looking to take our rights away would do a third the research those of us who exercise these rights do.

1 Like

Please watch this everyone, he is a prime example of those who want gun control. Worst of all, he is our Senate Pro Tem.

1 Like

But then they’d be on our side…:confused:

2 Likes

What Hitchens said here has relevance here. If he saw the impotence of the current leadership in the face of terror, he would have pulled his hair out.

While, certainly I disagreed, clearly, with his theological views, I often find myself agreeing with him politically quite often…

I mean if you ban guns, everybody is safe…right??

Uuuh no, crazy is crazy people. It finds a way.

“But it’s only one dead person not 50”

Says every anti-rights bigot on facebook.

I do not think you are familiar with what the term “Islamism” means. It is the ideology of radical islam and and the hatred and self loathing that accompanies it. Hell, if obama were to be believed (he isn’t and he shouldn’t be), the proponents who hold this ideology are not islamic at all. Now we all know this is bullshit, they are islamic, very, very islamic. But Islamism, isn’t the ‘practice or free excercise thereof’ and they certainly aren’t peaceably assembling, it is radical jihadism.

We know who the enemy is, we know where they lie, we know what they all have in common. They have islam in common and thank God we have a common link by which they all adhere because it makes them easier to identify and to find. Now all we need is a leadership that isn’t afraid to to act and squeeze the zit. We can find these home grown terrorists because they are in the mosques. Before you lose your mind, let me qualify all of this.

Not all muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are muslim; as it currently stands. There are identifiable patterns of behavior between muslims and radicals. Radicals are drawn to particular types of worship and all follow the same basic movements toward radicalization.

The FBI calls looking for the terrorists in the U.S. is like looking for ‘needles in a very large hay stack’ and honestly I cannot for the life of me figure out why.
The only way this becomes hard is to look at the nation as a whole as a single amalgamation of potential terrorists. There are not that many muslims here, yet. Get into those communities, and work with those people and you will find the terrorists, quite easily I might add.

Here is what Islamism is:

No islam should not be ‘banned’. That would actually be worse because then it would disperse the terrorists into the crowd. We know the Islamists go to mosque. We need to let them keep going to mosque so we can keep track of them. We need to profile them and keep track of them. Further, we need to ask and work with the muslim community for help in rooting these guys out. For those who are truly peace loving, these guys are as much a threat to them as they are to us, if not even more so.

We don’t know how many “Don’t talk or we will kill your family” orders are spread through out the community. We need the muslims to find the radicals. We know the radicals are freakishly religious. We need them to congregate. We need radical imams the draw them in like flies.

I actually believe, if the FBI were smart, they should plant their own radical imams out there. Given the utter failures of the FBI in this case, I do not have hope for their intelligence at this point.

Nowhere near all terrorists are Muslims. The majority are, but there are still plenty of people killing innocents in the name of tonnes of ideologies.

Nope, just the overwhelming majority that attack the West…and Western Ideologies.

To be fair didn’t the UK have like 10 deaths from guns last year? Gun control definitely seems to lower the amount of people killed by guns. Unless it is a place like chicago where you can just bring them over state lines.

Of course, but globally they are a large majority not all, there are still lots of other sick fucks killing people for ideology too. Seems a tad disrespectful to those killed by non muslim terrorists to pretend that isn’t happening.

I think it was a generalization made for emphasis. Technically incorrect certainly but I don’t think he was meaning to do what you are suggesting.

The fact that they control 11 countries with populations north of 100 million people, where being gay and a woman in violation of dress code can give the death penalty?

Where cutting off heads and burning people alive in cages is standard operating procedure?

Please tell me what other group is even in the same UNIVERSE as Islamic terrorism?