Orlando Pro 2009

I think the lighting there made them look pretty bad…

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Bautista looks BAD. I mean, seriously, that has to be the WORST genetics since Kovacs as far as how his muscles look on stage.

What about Palumbo Senor X?[/quote]

Polumbo looked freaky, but even he didn’t look “grotesque”. There isn’t anything aesthetic about the way he is put together. His redeeming quality is that he is HUGE.

When Markus Rhul looks like Flex Wheeler next to you, I think it is safe to say that you got left out when it came to the “balance and symmetry gene”.

I’m not taking anything from his hard work either because he clearly puts a lot into what he does in the gym…but seriously, he didn’t look all that great when he first started but now it is just off the charts.

He has great genetics for adding mass it seems. It is just put together strangely.

Someone please help me.

I usually dig Darrem Charles, but something looks funny to me in those pics (bb.com) – maybe it’s just camera or lighting, but it looks to me like his delts are too big for his arms-- like the proportions are wrong.

Not taking away from the man because obviously he’s pretty awesome-- it just looks like his arms came from someone else in these pics (from the front).

Example:
bodybuilding.com/contest_media/10782/8/b/img_64351240031546.jpg

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Someone please help me. I usually dig Darrem Charles, but something looks funny to me in those pics-- maybe it’s just camera or lighting, but it looks to me like his delts are too big for his arms-- like the proportions are wrong.

Not taking away from the man because obviously he’s pretty awesome-- it just looks like his arms came from someone else in these pics.[/quote]

It’s the lighting. They all look like they are standing in someone’s closet.

This is NOT how you light a bodybuilding stage.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I’m not taking anything from his hard work either because he clearly puts a lot into what he does in the gym…but seriously, he didn’t look all that great when he first started but now it is just off the charts.

He has great genetics for adding mass it seems. It is just put together strangely.[/quote]

Somehow it looks as if Bautista’s pecs are underdeveloped, and in some of the previous pics in this thread, his upper arms also looked under developed. Poor dude, something about his overall shape does not do him (and his hard work) justice at all.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

He has great genetics for adding mass it seems. It is just put together strangely.[/quote]

I agree, not taking anything away from Paco at all, but damn I would burn up quickly with that shape and constant poor placings. I’m sure he has deep love for the sport.

Paco Bautista is something of a conundrum. Elite-level conditioning (has there EVER been a contest where he didn’t come in peeled?) and freaky mass…on the worst, most awkward frame ever seen on a pro stage.

His hips are absurdly wide and his shoulders are absurdly narrow. I remember him being a lot fuller, though, particularly in the arms. Like the pic. As for his chest, well, he’s either got weird genetics there too or he’s had some pec tears. Or both.

It could be worse.

Anybody else remember Ken Jones ? I feel like every time i bought a bodybuilding magazine, i could automatically flip to the contest coverage and see that he had a DNP next to his picture, and the worst man-perm since Greg Brady.

the musculardevelopment.com pics seem much better than bb.com

I wish bb.com would cover more contests live and in replays like they do the arnold, iron man, and O.

Bautista is an ugly bodybuilder with a lot of mass and conditioning. He’s a FREAK…but he’s making money being a freak. He is endorsed by Muscle Asylum but I don’t think he is what bodybuilding represents.

in fact he’s pretty much the opposite. lol wide waist, narrow shoulders, long torso and limbs that don’t match, horrible insertions on his muscles…

he is peeled most of the time tho. Just fugly. lol well he did manage to become a pro granted all that genetic stuff is against him lol

i dont see what is so wrong with Bautista

Maybe it’s hard to see with the lighting of this show, but I don’t know how that Japanese guy places so well. He isn’t big, he isn’t increadibly conditioned, his shape and balance is good, but not great. I didn’t think he looked very good at the Ironman either.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i dont see what is so wrong with Bautista[/quote]

You can’t see that he has no V taper in this picture because his waist is so huge?

Without even pointing anything out specifically, you can’t see that he just doesn’t “flow” and looks weird as compared to the more aesthetic physiques?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i dont see what is so wrong with Bautista[/quote]

Fo realz Live? He looks like if he was carved by Michelangelo huh? Lack of V-taper, “Da Fridge” size waist, narrow shoulders, birthing hips, the whole enchilada is working against him mate.