Original Met-Rx 'Magic'

Mention is made in the Grow! write up about the ‘magic’ results of the original Met-rx protein being the micellar component…
It was widely speculated that an anabolic of some sort inserted in the original batches.
My instinct tells me this was true and accounted for the radical effects TC describes with it’s use…and not the micellar casien.
All speculation.

[quote]rockky wrote:
Mention is made in the Grow! write up about the ‘magic’ results of the original Met-rx protein being the micellar component…
It was widely speculated that an anabolic of some sort inserted in the original batches.
My instinct tells me this was true and accounted for the radical effects TC describes with it’s use…and not the micellar casien.
All speculation.[/quote]

Yes, it’s widely believed that the first few, small, ORIGINAL batches of MET-Rx contained clenbuterol or some other anabolic drug.

HOWEVER, I didn’t try MET-Rx until a couple of years later, when it was already quite popular and subject to the scrutiny of a whole lot of people.

By the time I tried it, I was already working for NSA (the company that distributed MET-Rx) and would have known if the product still contained drugs.

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:
Yes, it’s widely believed that the first few, small, ORIGINAL batches of MET-Rx contained clenbuterol or some other anabolic drug.

HOWEVER, I didn’t try MET-Rx until a couple of years later, when it was already quite popular and subject to the scrutiny of a whole lot of people.

By the time I tried it, I was already working for NSA (the company that distributed MET-Rx) and would have known if the product still contained drugs.

[/quote]

TC, when you starting working there, was is still produced in base and plus? I recently saw a picture of myself when I was going really hardcore Met-Rx and I didn’t realize how lean I had gotten. This was spring of 93, and I’m curious if I was part of the first sample group.

[quote]
TC, when you starting working there, was is still produced in base and plus? I recently saw a picture of myself when I was going really hardcore Met-Rx and I didn’t realize how lean I had gotten. This was spring of 93, and I’m curious if I was part of the first sample group.[/quote]

Ken, you tried it just about when I did.

Yes, I did use it as a “base” and “plus” back then, but those early, supposedly “spiked” batches you’re asking about were made and sold well before 1993.

I really think it was the micellar casein that did the trick for you.

I used the very first batches of “base” and “plus” that were released to the public anyway. In fact, I was an independent rep selling met-rx before it was in stores. You could only get it through a rep like myself or, I think, directly through the NSA.

Anyway, it was rather legendary. Even though I was much younger then, I can remember lifting heavy, doing 30-45 minutes of cardio everyday, and dieting all while never overtraining and continuing to add LBM!

Honestly, I tend to think it was a combination of youth (about 30 y.o.)and the precise protein mix used in Met-rx. I always found it to be far more anti-catabolic than anabolic. That is, it was more effective at preserving LBM while dieting than in accelerating the gains from a mass cycle. This would seem to point in the direction of Micellar Casein also.

Crowbar

Ok whatever…it just doesn’t make sense to me… a company has a radically effective product…and owns the market niche…then decides to remove the component most responsible for it’s effectiveness???
In this scenario,cost would not cause this action for any owner/businessman with any kind of brain.

[quote]rockky wrote:
Ok whatever…it just doesn’t make sense to me… a company has a radically effective product…and owns the market niche…then decides to remove the component most responsible for it’s effectiveness???
In this scenario,cost would not cause this action for any owner/businessman with any kind of brain.
[/quote]

Yeah my thoughts exactly…

[quote]rockky wrote:
Ok whatever…
[/quote]

Um, Met-Rx is still the number one MRP maker, whether it’s deserving or not, and them switching to lower quality ingredients after hooking everyone with word of mouth praise let those involved to get filthy rich. Smarmy? Yes. Brainless? Not from a business standpoint.

Yet another reason to respect what Biotest is doing with Grow! and buy it.

Has the release of the Grow! micellar casien protein been successful? Does Biotest see a profit generating future with this product? Would a couple dollars more per container help give incentive to produce it full time? Will it help to replace the income lost from the prohormone ban (it is good for everyone and anyone with the only side effect being results)? I for one have seen measured results from this product and have not been taking it long. I could imagine what 4-6 months would do, and, man does it save on time. Make it 10-12 dollars a pound, and I will buy 20 lbs no problem.

What exactly is the difference between MPI and micellar? I couldn’t find anything. The only difference is the whey part. That’s about it.

[quote]mpomm wrote:Make it 10-12 dollars a pound, and I will buy 20 lbs no problem.[/quote] What are you talking about? It is $11.50 a pound now! ($23 for 2lbs).

[quote]Tungsten wrote:
What exactly is the difference between MPI and micellar? I couldn’t find anything. The only difference is the whey part. That’s about it.[/quote]

depends on the manufacturing process, but basically its only the whey content

Right, I meant keep it that way (the price).

Oh well. I get MPI for the half of the price of micellar. honestly I’m not sure if it makes that MUCH difference paying twice the cost for essentially same stuff. Low-Carb Gow! does taste better though. lol. I think MPI is a good cheap alternative for poor college students that won’t mind the “chaulky” taste but I’m sure they’ll come up a way to make it taste good…

I’m doing a study regarding MET-Rx marketing and distribution from the beginning.

I read in one of the posts that they used independent sales rep how did someone became sales rep in the start? How did the select sales rep? How did it work in those days? How did they distribute from the beginning?

If you have any inside information i will be very pleased if you could help.

[quote]rockky wrote:
[/quote]

See General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler throughout the 80’s and early 90’s.

[quote]crowbar524 wrote:

Anyway, it was rather legendary. Even though I was much younger then, I can remember lifting heavy, doing 30-45 minutes of cardio everyday, and dieting all while never overtraining and continuing to add LBM!

Honestly, I tend to think it was a combination of youth (about 30 y.o.)and the precise protein mix used in Met-rx. I always found it to be far more anti-catabolic than anabolic. That is, it was more effective at preserving LBM while dieting than in accelerating the gains from a mass cycle. This would seem to point in the direction of Micellar Casein also.

Crowbar[/quote]

I had almost this exact experience in 93 with Anabolic Activator III by Optimum Nutrition. Of course, I was 20 at the time.