T Nation

Original HOT-ROX Question

If i have a chancee to get the old kind cheap, can i just pop 3 or 4 of these instead of 4 of the max strength?look at the label and the list of ingredients and dosagess…it should work or am i missing something?

[quote]xgymratx wrote:
If i have a chancee to get the old kind cheap, can i just pop 3 or 4 of these instead of 4 of the max strength?look at the label and the list of ingredients and dosagess…it should work or am i missing something?[/quote]

12/03/04
06:40 PM

j62usa wrote:
i have got some bottles of the original HOT-ROX formula… why is the dose only 2 instead of 4 like the Maximum Strength HOT-ROX? can i up the doseage to 4 caps in the morning and 4 6 hrs later to get better results

They are two different formulations. The varying ratios are why there’s such a variance in dosage. I’m going to copy and paste a previous response which will further answer your question.

BJBliffert wrote:
When comparing the labels I notice that one serving of the Maximum Strength HOT-ROX contains 1500mg of the formula/four capsules. The original HOT-ROX contains 950mg of the formula/two capsules. Could one get the same effect (or close to it) simply by taking three caps at a time of the original HOT-ROX? Or is there more to ot than that? If the same affect can be achieved the original HOT-ROX would be more cost effective. Thanks.

Cy Willson wrote: Unfortunately, no. As I’ve been trying to get people to understand, we didn’t simply put more of every compound in to the new formula. Rather, there were certain compounds that we have put much more of in and some only a small amount more and so forth. We altered the ratio of ingredients, maximizing what we’ve found to be the most potent of the compounds in a very specific ratio.

another Q?

ok, since HOT-ROX stimulates t3 and manipulates the t4 conversion, can i stack with dnp and cut back the t3 to 25 mg?

im sure ill be sweating like a pig but if i read this right it will have a lipo effect almost “releasing”(for lack of better word) fat into the bloodstream so the dnp doesnt have to scavenge…and the t3 stimulant should help and save me a few bucks too

[quote]xgymratx wrote:
another Q?

ok, since HOT-ROX stimulates t3 and manipulates the t4 conversion, can i stack with dnp and cut back the t3 to 25 mg?

im sure ill be sweating like a pig but if i read this right it will have a lipo effect almost “releasing”(for lack of better word) fat into the bloodstream so the dnp doesnt have to scavenge…and the t3 stimulant should help and save me a few bucks too[/quote]

You’re not going to get me to recommend DNP, period. As for the rest of the question, I’m not really quite sure what you’re asking.

[quote]xgymratx wrote:
another Q?

ok, since HOT-ROX stimulates t3 and manipulates the t4 conversion, can i stack with dnp and cut back the t3 to 25 mg?

im sure ill be sweating like a pig but if i read this right it will have a lipo effect almost “releasing”(for lack of better word) fat into the bloodstream so the dnp doesnt have to scavenge…and the t3 stimulant should help and save me a few bucks too[/quote]

I think you’re asking if using HOT-ROX, can you get away with less T3? Well, first, the increased peripheral conversion of T4 to T3 is debatable once you begin administering exogenous T3 as this can obviously decrease TSH and hence T4 levels to begin with. Along those lines, it’s difficult to say that you’d see any increase in T3 production when using the two concurrently. At best, you may prevent some of the suppression from exogenous thyroid hormone use but it seems you’re thinking that you’ll be able to take the exogenous T3 while also experiencing an increase in thyroid hormone production from the HOT-ROX and that’s not likely to be the case. If you’re going to use thyroid hormone, I recommend using HOT-ROX after, not during.

Is HOT-ROX used effectivley with a muscle/strength training supp. like creatine? How effective would that be for a sprinter?

[quote]WRCortese5 wrote:
Is HOT-ROX used effectivley with a muscle/strength training supp. like creatine? How effective would that be for a sprinter?[/quote]

HOT-ROX can help one reduce fat mass while preserving LBM and in some cases, gaining a small amount of LBM. I’m no sprinting expert, but I would imagine having less fat mass while preserving lean body mass would be advantageous.