Organizing a Split Program and Cardio

Hi, i didn’t training for more than 2 month, unfortunately. And i want make a split program for 5 Day and the 6th day swimming 1 hours or more, crowl and so on, for work my condition and my breath (stop smokig) also because i like that and i think that can to be a good complementarity, one time by week is enough ?

Just i need some help for my program, to get a order and also how to organize the exercices and so on.

All of the time go to my job and i work out of step like that:

I work: Saturday to monday. Tuesday and wenesday day off, thursday and friday work.
Saturday to monday off tuesday and wenesday work thursday and friday off and saturday to monday work…

Somethime i start 7 am and finish 7pm, so i will training in the night, somethime i start 9’oclock am and i will training in the morning early,so it is good to change the time of training for the nervous system ?

my second question is for the order of my program if is good or not

Monday chest: 2/3minute rest

Bench brench dumbbell 4x8-12 rep ( inclined a bit for the middle of the chest )
Bench brench inclined 45° 4x8-12 rep
Dips 4x12-15 weighted when i get a good level
Butterfly 4x15-20 rep

tuesday leg:

Squat 4x8-12
Leg press 4x8-12
lunge dumbbell 4x8-12
Stiff legged 4x8-12
Leg curl 4x15-20
Hamstring curl 4x15-20

Wenesday Back

Pull up 4x8-12
seated low row 4x8-12
Barbell Bent-Over Row 4x8-12
standing lat pushdown 4x15-20

Thursday Biceps/triceps

cable curl sleep on seated row 4x8-12
dumbbel curl 4x8-12
dumbbel spider curl 4x8-12

Bench press (close grip, shoulder width)
Triceps pushdown 4x20/30 light weight with
supersets with cable bent over tricep heavy weight

Shoulder:

Military press machine 4x8-12
arnold dumbbell press 4x-8-12
dumbbell side lateral raises 4x15-20
Bent over raise 4x15-20

I just don’t know how much exercices i need for the calves and if i can put them after the training legs because that will be a long seance… so maybe after the shoulder i can training my calves.
Also when/how can i training the Abs, 1x time week is enough ? if u have some idea for the choice of the execices i will be grateful.

For the Diet i will post that tomorrow, for the organization of my diet and to take some advice and how manage that with my work.

thank u very much for ur help and time

I think you’re saying you just stopped smoking - great!

This kind of depends, my friend, on what your goals are. If you want a little extra cardio, it will be enough until you need more. If you want to improve at swimming, it may or may not be enough depending on your level. In either case, your performance in the pool will tell you when it’s no longer enough.

I don’t really get the question, but maybe someone smarter than me will. If I’m reading this correctly, though, your training times are dictated by your work schedule. If that’s the case, then that’s the best time for you to train no matter any other considerations - doing it is infinitely better than not doing it.

I’m not going to read this detailed enough to really offer a helpful opinion - sorry.

Calves are up to you and how much you care about them. I’d start with the minimum and assess. So maybe that’s 3 sets of 10 once a week. What day doesn’t matter, so after shoulders is fine.

Same thing as swimming and calves - it’s enough until it isn’t and dependent on your goals. I tend to think in terms of weekly sets for stuff like this, and somewhere around 8 is fine for abs (for me at this point in life). I’d probably start at 3 or 4 sets, once a week for you and then work up from there.

Direct ab work has one of two functions - pull your rib cage to your pelvis or pull your pelvis to your rib cage. I like cable crunches, ball crunches, hanging leg raises, machine crunches, and V-ups. Just make sure you can flex on whatever movement you’re doing and you’ll be good to go!

thank !! aha u understand me perfectly

yeah i stop to smoke but i prefere to say " i make a break " i know myself, i know that i can smoke again because i didnt really change, but still is good for me.

This kind of depends, my friend, on what your goals are. If you want a little extra cardio, it will be enough until you need more. If you want to improve at swimming, it may or may not be enough depending on your level. In either case, your performance in the pool will tell you when it’s no longer enough.

For swimming i dont care to be good, i just dont want be only “visually strong” with beautiful chest and blabla, i would like get a good condition, find the balance between the bodybuilding and cardio, maybe the name for that is to be "athlectic " ? so i have some hesistation to go two or one time swimmin, because that can to be also bad for make "muscle " or if i eat more when i swim maybe that will not have a impact ? try to find a balance is always hard ^^’ and i think to much maybe for nothing.

for Abs i have a bit the hyperlordosis so i will try to be carreful with the choice of the exercices for abs, i will make a abs training for one day by week and lets see how they growth, i will just post my Abs program soon for see if is “coherent” and harmony between oblique and middle abs

I don’t really get the question, but maybe someone smarter than me will. If I’m reading this correctly, though, your training times are dictated by your work schedule. If that’s the case, then that’s the best time for you to train no matter any other considerations - doing it is infinitely better than not doing it.

You get it, my training is dictated by my word schedule but i heard long time ago that change the hours for training can to be bad because the body can’t that a routine a adapation, fuck my english ^^’

I would like exemple work the big muscles when i have free day like that i can recover better, but i get some fear that if i all of the time change the day, that will be bad, because my day off change so i will somethime training exemple chest thurday and next week monday ect

Honestly, for this being in the beginner’s section, I think you’re worrying about some details that will work themselves out.

Just train when you can. It’s probably a little easier to get rolling if you’re consistent on times (you get used to going at a certain time), but you have to do what you have to do and it’s not a big deal.

For cardio, I think it’s pretty rare that any of us are doing so much it’s going to interfere with muscle growth. Half an hour in a pool is not marathon training. Even if it did interfere, slightly, it doesn’t sound like you have any intentions of stepping on a Mr. Olympia stage; it’s going to be ok.

This is already more thought and consideration than I’ve ever given ab training, and I’ve had a couple back surgeries.

1 Like

you have to do what you have to do and it’s not a big deal.

Good sentences of life i will keep this one

For swimming one time by week, with some rope jump in the gym will be good i choice that.

For ab one time correctly and will see, back is shit i try to be safe of that, but happen what happen after

Thank man for ur advice

2 Likes

Hi, i would like understand something for make my Split “better”

When i was young i was really skinny, 20 years 57 kilo for 1m80 i never stop to training even if I wasn’t regular (break a lot)
now iam 70 kilo for 1m80, in the confinement i was 74 and start in my view to be really happy already, evdn my body start to be “Harmony”. But i lose fast if im doing party alcohol and so on…

No iam 28 years old, my metabolism is still “faster” but for sure less than before, iam a hyperactive a bit, and now i training with a split program, 5 day by week.

I work 11 hours by day, but i get more free day, my job is social and nursing, so is not so physical but i walk a lot, my calves burn somethime.
So for the big seance, only leg i will always choice a off day, even if i need to change the order of my program because my day off change always, their are not the same .

So my question is, for gain mass, in my case, it is better maybe to have not more than 3 exercices for each muscular group chest, back and so on, just leg 4 exercices.
Also because i feel my muscles, i know how to do the exercices and i feel faster the sensation, the muscular congestion.
Because if my training is to long, i will burn more and i training after work somethime, so the day is long ^^
Also because i always improve the weight, and maybe more than 3/4 exercices will Be to much?

My diet is good, if i need i will eat more, just i try to manage that correctly, because when i work 11 hours and go to the gym, i think that i will burn a lot if my seance is to long.

I want gain mass, after to lost the Fat, so i was thinking that when i want to loose fat i dont change my diet but i can just increase the training ?
I don’t know, usual to say reduce “carbohydrates” for loose fat, but maybe is better to increase the cardio or a bit training.

Also the number of series, depend of us ? For the moment i do 3 series, because i stop for 2 month, after i will do 4 serie and two warm set

Thank for your help, have a good day, peace

1 )Look up Kingbeef thread
2) you’re overthinking -just pick a proven strategy and work hard. Evaluate after 6-8 weeks.

Gym again close… . … Did u have the some problem ? Fucking covid

I didn’t have the discipline to do this when our gyms were closed, but I think it’s a good opportunity to really dial in eating habits. It would probably also be wise to build a cardio base and get pretty lean, so those aren’t priorities when you’re able to lift again

Yeah, when the first confinement start, that was the best things for me, even i get a good body with 50 kilo for squat, dips, pull up chin up and so on bc i was regular and everything was close, bar and so on, so i use that for get some distance with this and focus on a simple life and training, i will try to do the same.
But discipline is not easy for me also just i learn how to get a good peaceful discipline of life

We just have to expect more of ourselves. We make a promise to ourself and keep it and so on

3 Likes

I love this line of thought. I was told many years ago that integrity starts with the promises you make to yourself.

1 Like

Hello, it is completely lockdown again in my country now so, i will training in my house, before ago was the same situation and i was training like that:
3x by week

Dips( elastic)
Push up all variant( elastic)

Squat
Stiff leg deadfit

Pull up all variant
Rowing yates

1x time wknd arms training
2x time wknd abs

I make good results with this prog in my house and a good gain of muscular mass, in the first confinement, but my brother want to do a split with me, so we have some discussion about that and i would like your view

I think a split is really good but, we don’t have have so much weight only 40 kilo and 2 dumbbell (10 kilo) for each dumbbell.

So ,do just one time by week leg for exemple with just 40 kilo i really think that will not to be enough, even if we doing 3 exercice for the legs or more reps and so on.

And when i training them in a full body i do a lot of reps, 3x by week also.

If we just training them one time by week with just 40 kilo i think it is not so useful, what do u thing if in this situation/case, it is maybe better to do a full or split?

I really think that if u can increase weight and do more exercices with more stuff/possibility Split is also really good and one time training a muscles is really enough but not in ur situation.

Thank for ur advices

1 Like

I tend to agree with you: if you can’t do enough damage with what you have available to need many days of recovery, there’s really no value in a split that reduces your body part frequency

1 Like

Thank so for the moment my reasoning was good