Organic Veggies = Holy Crap!

I love Canadians, I would’ve said that about where ever the dude was from.

Bottom line, wash the spinach and eat the fuckin vegetables.

Did pussy taste good the first time? Prob. not…but u learned eating it led to good things…same with vegetables.

funny this came up, i just read something crazy about organic stuff today.

See when you dont use pesticides and fertilizers on crops, they produce their own naturally…which are actually just as or more toxic as the man-made ones.

Difference is, the man-made ones are designed to either break down before they get to your fridge or they can be rinsed right off…BUT the natural ones are part of the basic structure of the fruit, just like its color or texture, there’s no way to get rid of them. (so in the end organic veggies = not only more expensive, more carcinogenic too) the fact that you can taste a definite difference is a bit scary, i wouldnt have guessed it’d be that bad…

<btw if anyone’s interested i can look up the article, it was by some scientist at Berkeley who started the whole project to actually prove how much safer organic stuff was, ironic huh?>

[quote]Ekalavya wrote:

See when you dont use pesticides and fertilizers on crops, they produce their own naturally…which are actually just as or more toxic as the man-made ones.

Difference is, the man-made ones are designed to either break down before they get to your fridge or they can be rinsed right off…BUT the natural ones are part of the basic structure of the fruit, just like its color or texture, there’s no way to get rid of them. (so in the end organic veggies = not only more expensive, more carcinogenic too) the fact that you can taste a definite difference is a bit scary, i wouldnt have guessed it’d be that bad…

<btw if anyone’s interested i can look up the article, it was by some scientist at Berkeley who started the whole project to actually prove how much safer organic stuff was, ironic huh?>[/quote]

fascinating. so vegetables are both anti-carcinogenic and carcinogenic. well that’s just begging for a cost/benefit analysis if you ask me. btw did the article happen to mention any anti-cancer properties the synthetic pesticides may have ?

[quote]der Koning wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

He’s not a yank!

Being Albertan is as close to being a Yank as you can get, without actually being a Yank.

[/quote]

There’s never been a more truer statement!

[quote]Vegilles wrote:
der Koning wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

He’s not a yank!

Being Albertan is as close to being a Yank as you can get, without actually being a Yank.

[/quote]

Because, you know, a province of 3 million people can easily be compared to a country of 300 million people… especially since everyone in America clearly falls into one stereotypical category… whatever that is.

You eastern Canadians seem to know a lot about Alberta, although I doubt you’ve even been west of Toronto.

oh fuck, these vegetables are just too damn good. oh no, the fruit, it’s so damn tasty.

are you kidding?!

ps. I’ve been doing PN now since mid January and am making the best gains of my life in the gym (with the weights) and on the scale, I’m out of stagnation too.

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
Are all Canadians this gay? [/quote]

If so, someone give me a shot of the anti-gay poste haste! I once shared a supershuttle to the airport with Vroom. Some of his beardliness may have rubbed off!

[quote]AgentOrange wrote:
Vegilles wrote:
der Koning wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

He’s not a yank!

Because, you know, a province of 3 million people can easily be compared to a country of 300 million people… especially since everyone in America clearly falls into one stereotypical category… whatever that is.

You eastern Canadians seem to know a lot about Alberta, although I doubt you’ve even been west of Toronto.[/quote]

Why bother going west of toronto? The only thing worth while is vancouver. And Whistler. All the flat crap on the way there is boring as shit. You do have a nice mall though.

[quote]der Koning wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

He’s not a yank!

[/quote]

It’s funny, that’s what I usually hear about being from Toronto.

Calling in the army when there’s too much snow for you isn’t really a canadian type of move.

[quote] AgentOrange
03/02/06
12:08 AM
Alberta, CAN

Vegilles wrote:
der Koning wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

He’s not a yank!

You eastern Canadians seem to know a lot about Alberta, although I doubt you’ve even been west of Toronto.[/quote]

I’ve been across to Vancouver 5 times by ground-so yes I’ve stopped in Alberta many times. Besides which, most people I hear from living in Alberta echo the same opinion about the ‘American’ similarities as compared to the rest of Canada.

[quote]Bullmoose wrote:
der Koning wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

He’s not a yank!

Calling in the army when there’s too much snow for you isn’t really a canadian type of move.
[/quote]

When snow banks all over the city are 7’ high in most places it may inspire a bit of a whacky mayor[at that time, Lastman] to take drastic measures. While not a disaster situation you can see why he’d freak out a bit if you were there.

[quote]Ekalavya wrote:
<btw if anyone’s interested i can look up the article, it was by some scientist at Berkeley who started the whole project to actually prove how much safer organic stuff was, ironic huh?>[/quote]

Yeh, give us the science on this one.

I so want to believe chemical pesticides are good for me.

Organic fruits and veggies are great! Taste much better!

[quote]Bullmoose wrote:
der Koning wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

He’s not a yank!

[/quote]

Yes it is.

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
Did pussy taste good the first time? Prob. not…but u learned eating it led to good things…same with vegetables.[/quote]

This too should become a classic.

[quote]Ekalavya wrote:

It is funny, because at Berkeley the right hand must not know what the left hand is doing. The February 2006 Berkeley Wellness Letter says

“Interestingly, several studies have shown that organically grown fruits and vegetables have more phytochemicals than conventionally grown produce. Plants make these compounds as natural defenses against pests and ultraviolet radiation. If the farmer provides pesticides, the theory goes, the plant makes less; if they’re not applied, the plant makes more itself. But whether this makes any difference–good or bad–to the person eating the plant food is unknown.”

The entire article, at http://www.berkeleywellness.com/html/wl/2006/wlFeatured0206.html, is a pretty rational evidence-based summary of organic foods, for those who might be interested.