Organic, Free Range Egg Yolk Color?

does the color of an eggs yolk say anything about how healthy it is? ive been eating omega-3 enriched eggs and the yolks are bright, almost orange. today i decided to try organic, free range eggs and the yolks looked pale yellow. is this how free range eggs are supposed to be?

i checked the website of the distributers and they seem to be legit showing vids on how they feed their chickens with hormone free, organic veggies. thanks!

I look foward to my eggs every morning and organic free range eggs are the way to go!!
Omega 3 enriched eggs taste fishy.The whole idea of it pisses me off! If I want omega 3 I will take fish oil, I dont want it or need it in my eggs. That also applies to omega 3 bread. I dont want my bread to taste like fish. FFS!!!
/rant.
tweet tweet

Oh, and I forgot to add, I wouldnt worry about the colour of the yolk. I dont think it counts for anything. You will get more variations with free range eggs.
tweet tweet

unless the yolk is black or some shit color doesn’t matter, it depends what they feed the chicken

[quote]theBird wrote:
I look foward to my eggs every morning and organic free range eggs are the way to go!!
Omega 3 enriched eggs taste fishy.The whole idea of it pisses me off! If I want omega 3 I will take fish oil, I dont want it or need it in my eggs. That also applies to omega 3 bread. I dont want my bread to taste like fish. FFS!!!
/rant.
tweet tweet[/quote]
This makes no sense, omega-3’s aren’t just in fish.

OP it doesn’t really matter, if it’s bright it’s bright. Although i have noticed that when i do get local eggs (which are free range, live in a country town) the yolks are darker than store bought.

im pretty sure omega 3 eggs are made by feeding the chicken a diet higher in omega 3s. this source of omega 3s does not come from fish from what i have heard.

[quote]bwbski wrote:
im pretty sure omega 3 eggs are made by feeding the chicken a diet higher in omega 3s. this source of omega 3s does not come from fish from what i have heard. [/quote]

Flax generally. I think the fish taste is all in his head. He probably thought omega-3 stuff all comes from fish oil.

thats exactly what i thought.

im very lucky i get all my eggs from my friend that keeps chickens like a hobby . there all different(shells and yolks) but what does give them their yellowy couler is when their fed on corn , the more corn they eat the more yellow the yolk . what you should notice is how clear the white is when you crack them open

[quote]lia67 wrote:
im very lucky i get all my eggs from my friend that keeps chickens like a hobby . there all different(shells and yolks) but what does give them their yellowy couler is when their fed on corn , the more corn they eat the more yellow the yolk . what you should notice is how clear the white is when you crack them open[/quote]

Hmm…

My chickens get largely table scraps and have dark yellow yolks. What is a lot of corn for a chicken?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]lia67 wrote:
im very lucky i get all my eggs from my friend that keeps chickens like a hobby . there all different(shells and yolks) but what does give them their yellowy couler is when their fed on corn , the more corn they eat the more yellow the yolk . what you should notice is how clear the white is when you crack them open[/quote]

Hmm…

My chickens get largely table scraps and have dark yellow yolks. What is a lot of corn for a chicken?[/quote]
i dont know . thats what he gives his chickens scraps n veg’s besides the corn . i thought it was funny when i found out they eat almost anything .

[quote]lia67 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]lia67 wrote:

Hmm…

My chickens get largely table scraps and have dark yellow yolks. What is a lot of corn for a chicken?[/quote]
i dont know . thats what he gives his chickens scraps n veg’s besides the corn . i thought it was funny when i found out they eat almost anything .[/quote]

Pretty much. They’ll even go cannibal.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]lia67 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]lia67 wrote:

Hmm…

i dont know . thats what he gives his chickens scraps n veg’s besides the corn . i thought it was funny when i found out they eat almost anything .[/quote]

Pretty much. They’ll even go cannibal.[/quote]
im definatly gonna keep my own chickens when i finish my house

I’ve noticed the fishy taste in O3 eggs too, but only when they’re hard boiled.

Egg yolk colors vary: no big deal.

thanks everyone!

When I used to get the best eggs in the whole world ever (from a family who raised chickens and fed them on sourdough bread and spare veggies) they were super dark yolks- like a deep gold. They were the tastiest eggs ever. I can’t hardly eat storebought anymore.

[quote]Spartiates wrote:
I’ve noticed the fishy taste in O3 eggs too, but only when they’re hard boiled.

Egg yolk colors vary: no big deal.[/quote]

Yer, like one of the other guys said, maybe I am imagining it, but there is something “fishy”(no pun intended) about those omega 3 eggs and bread.
Maybe its not a fish taste, but it just doesnt taste right.
tweet tweet