Organic Eggs?

That picture is just more propoganda. I have had non-organic eggs look like the ones on the left. I actually used to buy the omega3 enriched organic eggs a long time ago because I thought they were better/healthier and they looked shittier than the regualr eggs. I am a big believer that organic is bullshit. If you want to keep buying organic stuff and paying 20-30% more, go ahead. Im not mad at you.

[quote]BSC819 wrote:
That picture is just more propoganda. I have had non-organic eggs look like the ones on the left. I actually used to buy the omega3 enriched organic eggs a long time ago because I thought they were better/healthier and they looked shittier than the regualr eggs. I am a big believer that organic is bullshit. If you want to keep buying organic stuff and paying 20-30% more, go ahead. Im not mad at you.[/quote]

why do you believe organic is bullshit? and do you lump eggs, beef, produce all together?

thoughts on grass-fed meats?

I much prefer the taste and texture of organic cage free eggs. Especially when poaching them.
Omega enriched eggs taste strange.

tweet

Free range or pasture eggs are often reported as being a better source of nutrition. In particular they are high in a nutrient our ancestors would have eaten often, but something that is often lacking in our diet today, vitamin K2.

As for organic verses non-organic, I would imagine there is little difference between the two.

Dr. Guyenet has a nutritional break down of pasture eggs verses typical eggs purchased at the grocery.

“Pastured Eggs”

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
You tell me…[/quote]

I eat “supermarket” eggs every single day and none of them have ever looked like that picture. They are indistinguishable from the “pastured” eggs.

If spending extra money on the same shit makes you feel better about yourself, go for it. But don’t make things up, that’s just as bad as militant vegans.

[quote]Menthol wrote:
Free range or pasture eggs are often reported as being a better source of nutrition. In particular they are high in a nutrient our ancestors would have eaten often, but something that is often lacking in our diet today, vitamin K2.

As for organic verses non-organic, I would imagine there is little difference between the two.

Dr. Guyenet has a nutritional break down of pasture eggs verses typical eggs purchased at the grocery.

“Pastured Eggs”

[/quote]

That “study” is fatally flawed. They didn’t have any control group and they didn’t even test “conventional” eggs themselves. Plus it was sponsored by a magazine called “Mother Earth” and posted on a blog called “Whole Health Source”.

I don’t bother with the organic shit. It’s all the same to me. Food is food (IMHO). Besides, anytime I walk into a Trader Joe’s, I feel like I should be going to a Ron Paul rally afterwards.

1. Buy eggs
  2. Cook eggs
  3. Eat eggs
  4. Profit

CS

[quote]overstand wrote:
If spending extra money on the same shit makes you feel better about yourself, go for it. But don’t make things up, that’s just as bad as militant vegans.[/quote]

I’ve done blind taste tests with myself and hell yeah I can taste the difference. Supermarket eggs are nasty, and if you can’t tell the difference between those and a good quality egg, then well good for you…I guess you’ll never have to spend money on quality food.

It’s like the difference between farm-raised salmon and wild salmon when you see them side-by-side in the fishmonger…one is a deep, beautiful red, and the other one is a feeble pink. Yeah they’re both “salmon”, but that’s where the similarities end.

[quote]overstand wrote:
I eat “supermarket” eggs every single day and none of them have ever looked like that picture. They are indistinguishable from the “pastured” eggs.

If spending extra money on the same shit makes you feel better about yourself, go for it.
[/quote]
I don’t notice much of any difference in flavour from my pastured hens.

The visible difference in my eggs compared to store bought anything (free range, omega 3, organic, conventional) is night and day. My hens eggs stand up at least 2X as high. The colour is much more vibrant. I have trouble believing store bought eggs have the nutrition/health promoting qualities from genetically modified, chemically sprayed, processed feed, with a “vitamin supplement” compared to my hens being fed organic mash, plus fresh growing green grass, and the bugs/grubs/worms/insects that true pastured hens eggs do. I also didn’t use medicated feed, despite being called an absolute idiot for considering it. You can have conventional (I ate my share over the years). But it’s not the same.

The most common comment I get on my eggs is the difference in the way the eggs stands up, and the color. Many people tell us they didn’t notice a difference in taste, until they went back to regular eggs. I shouldn’t have to worry about going back.

SteelyD on here did his own pic comp of eggs, check his thread if you think the pic I posted is “propaganda” lol

[quote]Proud_Virgin wrote:
Supermarket eggs are nasty, and if you can’t tell the difference between those and a good quality egg, then well good for you…I guess you’ll never have to spend money on quality food.
[/quote]

This.

Its kind of like coffee. Some people can taste the difference, while others dont care, aslong as they are getting their caffeine.

tweet

I think it’s funny that some of you who hate on organic foods will readily spend a lot of money on expensive processed supplements and be so gullible as to believe the advertisers’ claims - hook, line, and sinker!

Animals that exist as close to how nature intended will of course be a healthier choice as a food source. Denying this out of some macho attitude doesn’t change that fact.

My eggs still have feathers and chicken shit stuck to them.

well, I had the chance this weekend to crack a supermarket egg and a organic one in a pan.

To be honest, it wasn’t as striking of a difference as the one pic I posted. But, it was noticeable. Even had the wife try to guess correctly and she did.

Whether you think organic is good or bad is an opinion.

To base it on a “taste test” however, is retarded.

There is a such a wide range in the sense of taste that different humans possess. It means nothing in this discussion. How developed your palate is says nothing about how healthful a particular food item is.

[quote]Proud_Virgin wrote:
More than anything, the chemicals of concern will tend to be fat-soluble, so butter, fatty meats, and whole eggs might be something that you would want to consider buying organic.

Try a few different kind of eggs though, and see which ones you like best…look for a big, colorful yolk, along with an eggwhite that sticks together and doesn’t just run all over the pan.

FWIW, my favorite eggs aren’t organic, but mainly because it’s too small an operation to justify getting it certified (Phil’s Fresh Eggs)[/quote]

The pollution is in the fat, so organic is always better when eating animal fat.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I think it’s funny that some of you who hate on organic foods will readily spend a lot of money on expensive processed supplements and be so gullible as to believe the advertisers’ claims - hook, line, and sinker!

Animals that exist as close to how nature intended will of course be a healthier choice as a food source. Denying this out of some macho attitude doesn’t change that fact.

[/quote]
Great post. Organic, chemical free, natural. What could be healthier? Also, free range poultry, pork and beef is worth paying for. Let them live, let them roam. No hippie shit

[quote]BSC819 wrote:
That picture is just more propoganda. I have had non-organic eggs look like the ones on the left. I actually used to buy the omega3 enriched organic eggs a long time ago because I thought they were better/healthier and they looked shittier than the regualr eggs. I am a big believer that organic is bullshit. If you want to keep buying organic stuff and paying 20-30% more, go ahead. Im not mad at you.[/quote]

why do you believe organic is bullshit? and do you lump eggs, beef, produce all together?

[/quote]

What are the benefits that you are getting from organic, grass fed or whatever that I am not getting from just regular store bought stuff? I just look at macronutrients of food I dont give a shit what it was fed or where it was raised. I am perfectly healthy, never sick, all of my bloodwork every year is within range on the low end. I am 34 and have never eaten organic food, except for maybe a couple of times. I have a friend that only buys stuff at trader joes, organic everything and he is always sick and weak as hell in the gym. Not blaming the organic food for either of us but I dont think that it makes a damn bit of difference. If it does show me a legit study that says so. I have never been able to find one.

[quote]BSC819 wrote:

[quote]BSC819 wrote:

[/quote]

why do you only look at macros? and since you do, you realize that the macros are different among grass-fed or wild caught meats/fish.

do micros not matter?

do pesticides/herbicides/fungicides not concern you?
What are the benefits that you are getting from organic, grass fed or whatever that I am not getting from just regular store bought stuff? I just look at macronutrients of food I dont give a shit what it was fed or where it was raised. I am perfectly healthy, never sick, all of my bloodwork every year is within range on the low end. I am 34 and have never eaten organic food, except for maybe a couple of times. I have a friend that only buys stuff at trader joes, organic everything and he is always sick and weak as hell in the gym. Not blaming the organic food for either of us but I dont think that it makes a damn bit of difference. If it does show me a legit study that says so. I have never been able to find one.[/quote]

[quote]BSC819 wrote:

[quote]BSC819 wrote:

[/quote]

why do you only look at macros? and since you do, you realize that the macros are different among grass-fed or wild caught meats/fish.

Do the difference in macros justify the cost…no. Not to me anyways.

do micros not matter? They do and I just dont see that there is a big enough difference to justify the cost. I am healthy, lean, adding mass, strong immune system, etc. What more do I need?

do pesticides/herbicides/fungicides not concern you? No they dont, I have been eating store bought food and again I am completely healthy. Where are they hurting me?
What are the benefits that you are getting from organic, grass fed or whatever that I am not getting from just regular store bought stuff? I just look at macronutrients of food I dont give a shit what it was fed or where it was raised. I am perfectly healthy, never sick, all of my bloodwork every year is within range on the low end. I am 34 and have never eaten organic food, except for maybe a couple of times. I have a friend that only buys stuff at trader joes, organic everything and he is always sick and weak as hell in the gym. Not blaming the organic food for either of us but I dont think that it makes a damn bit of difference. If it does show me a legit study that says so. I have never been able to find one.[/quote]
[/quote]