T Nation

Ordering w/ Credit Cards?

Been out of it for a while guys; now looking for some ancillaries. I've noticed the research sites that I've found that ship domestically all take credit cards. I know the banks are offshore and the connections are secure (SSL, but is this safe in your opinion?

On a related note, what ever happened to the old law allowing an individual to obtain up to a 90 day supply of a prescription drug (NOT controlled drug) without a prescription? This law was enacted years ago (over 20)because of pressure by AIDS activists who wanted to be able to obtain HIV drugs out of country at a fraction of their cost here (if they were even availablr here). I used this loophole many years ago to order all sorts of stuff from overseas.

Thanks,

Crowbar

Not that I were to buy from these sites, but if I were I would get some cash, go to my local grocery store, and buy one of those pre-paid visa gift cards. They act just like a credit card but there’s no way to trace them back to you.

Not that I would ever do that though…

“research sites”
Buying in flavorless liquid form?
If so, I wouldn’t be worried about it. Just as much risk buying stuff anywhere else online with a CC.

-RB

SChmazz, I thought about the pre-paid route; however, you still have to register those cards online using a name, address, and SS# due to the Patriot Act in order to be able to make purchases with them online–right?

Crowbar

Nope. You can just go to your local grocery store, and buy a “gift card” and pay with cash.

The name on the card is “All-Access Customer” and works and acts just like a normal credit card. Just gotta fork over the cash for the amount it’s worth and you’re on your way.

I don’t do steroids and have no experience with ordering them, but I do know something about illegal things, and there are two rules:

1. Never do something illegal in one place for too long.

2. Never leave a paper trail or put anything in writing.

Breaking either of these rules means you get what you deserve… not for doing steroids, but for being stupid.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/visa_gift_card.html

Something like this.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I don’t do steroids and have no experience with ordering them, but I do know something about illegal things, and there are two rules:

1. Never do something illegal in one place for too long.

2. Never leave a paper trail or put anything in writing.

Breaking either of these rules means you get what you deserve… not for doing steroids, but for being stupid.[/quote]

He’s not buying steroids. Just saying.

[quote]crowbar46 wrote:
Been out of it for a while guys; now looking for some ancillaries. I’ve noticed the research sites that I’ve found that ship domestically all take credit cards. I know the banks are offshore and the connections are secure (SSL, but is this safe in your opinion?

On a related note, what ever happened to the old law allowing an individual to obtain up to a 90 day supply of a prescription drug (NOT controlled drug) without a prescription? This law was enacted years ago (over 20)because of pressure by AIDS activists who wanted to be able to obtain HIV drugs out of country at a fraction of their cost here (if they were even availablr here). I used this loophole many years ago to order all sorts of stuff from overseas.

Thanks,

Crowbar[/quote]

The policy is still in effect but you cant use it to get steroids into the country. The FDA importation policy does not allow you to import drugs without a prescription. Like you said this loophole was created for HIV sufferer’s to use medication that had not yet received FDA approval. They still either require a foreign prescription or a prescription from the US doctor who will be over seeing your treatment.

Plus the policy also stipulates the medication must be for a serious condition for which there are no good alternatives. You might be able to argue the no good alternatives but the FDA isn’t going to buy needing big guns as a serious condition(even though it is). Not to mention steroids are available in the US, so theres no reason for a legitimate medical user of steroids to need to import a personal supply.