Order Just Arrived - Contest Prep in Supps

Level 5 now, by the way :smiley:

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:
go on man, tell us how for all of it?? must of cost a bomb. how long is that going to last??

oh and i really think you should follow in stu’s footsteps and maybe do another contest prep thread?[/quote]

I probably will do a prep thread. Prep starts tomorrow…

Whats your starting weight? Goal weight on stage? I like prep threads make me want to compete, well maby 30lb’s from now :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]ParagonA wrote:

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:
go on man, tell us how for all of it?? must of cost a bomb. how long is that going to last??

oh and i really think you should follow in stu’s footsteps and maybe do another contest prep thread?[/quote]

I probably will do a prep thread. Prep starts tomorrow…[/quote]

VERY COOL! I always value your input during my own preps, so I’ll be following along and chiming in!

S

Thanks for making me feel like less of a supplement whore.

[quote]michell wrote:
This is mine.

I’m using the full protocol, in my contest phase.

[/quote]

Is your account not linked to the orders? how are you level 0?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]michell wrote:
This is mine.

[/quote]

Is your account not linked to the orders? how are you level 0?[/quote]

The level shown is not always correct. I am at a level four and have been for a while, but there are times when I show as a level one.

Christopher

[quote]Dave1986 wrote:
Whats your starting weight? Goal weight on stage? I like prep threads make me want to compete, well maby 30lb’s from now :p[/quote]

232 pounds. Just came back from a two week vacation where I put on 3 pounds of fat or so… Bodyfat is still under control, though. I plan to come in between 206 and 209.

[quote]monkey_space wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]michell wrote:
This is mine.

[/quote]

Is your account not linked to the orders? how are you level 0?[/quote]

The level shown is not always correct. I am at a level four and have been for a while, but there are times when I show as a level one.

Christopher[/quote]

It’s true it is not always correct. Many orders are missing in my order history as well. Would be a level 10 by now :wink:

[quote]ParagonA wrote:

[quote]phatkins187 wrote:
That’s beautiful. Would you mind discussing your peri-workout protocol with all of that Biotest deliciousness?[/quote]

Well, currently I’m using the full Anaconda protocol.
For my last prep I used Alpha GPC (-90min), 2 FINiBARS (-40min), 2 scoops SWF (-20min), 2 scoops SR (-5min) and another scoop of SWF as well a another FINiBAR during the workout. Then 1 serving of Grow! 15 minutes after my workouts and another serving of Grow! 90 minutes after the workouts followed by a solid meal 20-30 minutes later.
I’ll start this prep with the same protocol.

[/quote]

You said this is also your pre-contest stack, isn’t that a bit to much carbs. I’m a FBB (former fat boy) and i’m currently at 228 trying to get to 215 down from 287 and i’ve recently cut my carbs in half to about <100 to drop the last 15 pounds. i was thinking about anaconda but i’m afraid of the high creatine contents. i just really started my cut and want to make sure i’m heading in the right direction. sorry i have no pics, but lurkers usually don’t.

any advice will be greatly appreciated

[quote]marshmac wrote:
You said this is also your pre-contest stack, isn’t that a bit to much carbs. I’m a FBB (former fat boy) and i’m currently at 228 trying to get to 215 down from 287 and i’ve recently cut my carbs in half to about <100 to drop the last 15 pounds. i was thinking about anaconda but i’m afraid of the high creatine contents. i just really started my cut and want to make sure i’m heading in the right direction. sorry i have no pics, but lurkers usually don’t.

any advice will be greatly appreciated[/quote]

Most natty BBers will keep as many carbs in as they can in order to preserve more muscle mass. For the majority of my prep, I was easily 200g - 250g on most days (and even higher on my ‘high’ days!).

S

[quote]marshmac wrote:

[quote]ParagonA wrote:

That’s beautiful. Would you mind discussing your peri-workout protocol with all of that Biotest deliciousness?[/quote]

For my last prep I used Alpha GPC (-90min), 2 FINiBARS (-40min), 2 scoops SWF (-20min), 2 scoops SR (-5min) and another scoop of SWF as well a another FINiBAR during the workout. Then 1 serving of Grow! 15 minutes after my workouts and another serving of Grow! 90 minutes after the workouts followed by a solid meal 20-30 minutes later.

[/quote]

Personally, I tolerate carbs very well. I start my preps with well over 300g of carbs a day. To get rid of that last few pounds of fat I drop all the carbs besides the ones in my peri-workout protocol and around 30g for breakfast.
One thing I saw working for many FFG is to schedule all carbs peri-workout and go with protein/fat meal for the rest of the day.
Don’t drop the workout carbs, you’ll probably lose too much muscle mass if you do.
150g of carbs peri-workout will not make you fat or interfere with fat loss, much the opposite imo. You’ll be able to work harder and keep your muscle mass much longer (or even gain some!) while dieting.
Anaconda is a great choice for dieting. Don’t worry about the creatin. This will no make you fat, it only might make you hold some water, which isn’t a bad thing in a diet and you lose it very easily within one week before the show/d-day.

[quote]ParagonA wrote:

[quote]michell wrote:
This is mine.

[/quote]

Verrrrrry nice! What’s in the white bottles on the righthand side?[/quote]

Poliquin supplements of some description

[quote]ParagonA wrote:

[quote]marshmac wrote:

[quote]ParagonA wrote:

[/quote]

Personally, I tolerate carbs very well. I start my preps with well over 300g of carbs a day. To get rid of that last few pounds of fat I drop all the carbs besides the ones in my peri-workout protocol and around 30g for breakfast.
One thing I saw working for many FFG is to schedule all carbs peri-workout and go with protein/fat meal for the rest of the day.
Don’t drop the workout carbs, you’ll probably lose too much muscle mass if you do.
150g of carbs peri-workout will not make you fat or interfere with fat loss, much the opposite imo. You’ll be able to work harder and keep your muscle mass much longer (or even gain some!) while dieting.
Anaconda is a great choice for dieting. Don’t worry about the creatin. This will no make you fat, it only might make you hold some water, which isn’t a bad thing in a diet and you lose it very easily within one week before the show/d-day.

[/quote]

Stu, Paragon thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I don’t do carbs very well. I downright fear it. i think it may have to do with the fact I can gain weight at an obscene rate. I think its also the carbs I used to choose but I’ve learned from my past transgressions. i’m still tweaking my diet for my summer cut and so far the one below seems to be working for me.

6:00 - 3 eggs, 2 table spoons salsa, 1 packet of oatmeal, 1 scoop whey
8:30 - 2 scoops of whey
10:30 - protein bar (20gms protein, 18 carbs)
11:00 - 12:30 - workout
1:00 - protein bar (20gms protein, 18 carbs)
2:00 - 1 scoop protein

Then I wing it… when I go home it becomes a bit harder. As a FFB i’m fighting temptation from the kids snacks and wifes dinner. Now that its warm I’m going to grill chicken and keep in the fridge and eat with leafy greens. I also sip a BCAA / water mixture through the day so I’m putting down about a 1.5 gallons.

I appreciate the fact you recommended anaconda for my diet even though I didn’t mention it. I want to try it but I’m afraid of the idea of putting on extra weight, even if it is just water. but you kind of removed that fear. So I’m thinking of one scoop anaconda, 1 scoop mag. I also feel I don’t get enough protein for my size.

Don’t be afraid of carbs marshmac, especially peri-workout. It held back progress for me for quite a while.

I would check the content of your protein bars. Most have not so great sources of protein and carbohydrates. I used to have balance bars all the time thinking I was making a good choice when they are actually loaded with crappy protein and straight up sugar. There was a recipe on here a while back for “lab rat cookies”. I think it was from Dr. Lowery (I know i spelled that name wrong). Anyway, it is basically protein powder and oats. They taste great, they are good calories and very filling. You can also get a little creative without adding calories by adding in some vanilla or cinnamon. Not to mention you could probably make enough for a week for less than two or three of the other protein bars.

Paragon and Stu have great advice in their threads. If you haven’t already, check out Stu’s competition prep thread. You can see some great progress on what a some would consider high carbs.

Good Luck.

[quote]ParagonA wrote:

[quote]michell wrote:
This is mine.

[/quote]

Verrrrrry nice! What’s in the white bottles on the righthand side?[/quote]

This is my fourth order.

The other bottles are Poliquin’s products:

HCL
Fenuplex/insulinomics
Ubermagnesium
Serenity 2.0
PS
Multiintense

I’m looking foward your pre contest phase.

Fellas,
my order came in yesterday and i got moist with the anticipation of seeing if this stuff is honestly worth the hype or even the price for that matter. All i can think of was popping my proverbial cherry and no longer using supplements created for the masses, but for the “elite” lifters.

My order consisted of FINiBAR, MAG-10, Surge Workout Fuel, 2 Metabolic Drive low carb. i decided last night that today is going to be a brutal workout to but my new supps to the test.

i mixed up Surge as suggested and threw in a scoop of MAG-10 and placed in the freezer and munched on a FINiBAR as i visualized my workout. when done with the bar i placed an order for 3 more boxes i think i’m hooked. No tax, no shipping = win, win!!!

30 minutes later i grabbed my orange colored mixture from the freezer took a sip and thought “yum, kool-aid” and headed to the gym for chest and back day which i envisioned to be epic. and it was!!!

BB Bench
135 * 5
185 * 5
225 * 5
275 * 5
295 * 3 (NEW PR - PREVIOUS 1)
315 * 2 (NEW PR - NEVER DONE BEFORE)

I know its only my first workout with this stuff but i am truly a fan and will not got back to using the supps of the masses. as i sit here typing and munching a finibar i feel Biotest is going to release my inner beast in the body of a mortal. i have no concerns my cut will not be a success and that this FFB will be mowing the lawn with no shirt watching for the neighbors wives peering thought the blinds.

Stu, Paragon thanks for your feedback, my first post got the response of T-Nation royalty. i’ve been wasting time on the other bodybuilding website and almost through my freakish genetics away.