Opting Out Of Blackness

On this one issue, I am in complete agreement with Taye Diggs. The man has more of the racial stuff figured out than Barry or the majority of the black people in this country, enough said.

He is obviously an Uncle Tom.

That is a shit stirring piece from a gossip rag.
Why should anybody give a fuck?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

Why should anybody give a fuck?[/quote]

This, lol.

I don’t care if he or his kids are black or not. He seems like a good dude and that he is taking the effort to try and be a good dad that teaches his kids how to at least think for themselves. That’s a win in my book.

Plus I like his movies.

So living in a fantasy world means he has things figured out?

Makes sense, I mean Dolezal was only trying to opt it, right?

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
So living in a fantasy world means he has things figured out?[/quote]

Wanting his kids to see his parents and their respective ethnicity as equal and himself as a unique human not defined by a single “race” is fantasy world?

Jesus, it’s like 01/01/2015 was the tipping point into opposite world.

Refreshing to hear someone say it like it is, rather do the “emperor’s new clothes” thing with political correctness.

It also doesn’t seem to be as big an issue for other ethnic mixes these days, like Eurasians. Back in the past, even the mid 20thC many mixed race people tried to pass themselves off if they could as white, for the social advantages.

The pendulum seems to have gone the other way when it comes to “black”. No recognition that someone has any white ancestry. Some white people even try to pass themselves off as black, adopting hair and clothing styles, darkening their skin, like that women Rachel Dolezal(who turned out to be born white) that worked as a civil rights activist.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

Wanting his kids to see his parents and their respective ethnicity as equal and himself as a unique human not defined by a single “race” is fantasy world?

Jesus, it’s like 01/01/2015 was the tipping point into opposite world. [/quote]

So black people are blind and can’t see? Poor Obama the exception, it must’ve ruined his life to know that he’s black and his Mom is white.

Taye wanted him to think he was a duck and go around quacking all his life that’s ok? What happens when he gets old and finds out he’s not a duck? What happens when he finds out he’s really a human, but his father has so much hate for humans that he never wanted him to be human?

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

So black people are blind and can’t see? Poor Obama the exception, it must’ve ruined his life to know that he’s black and his Mom is white.

Taye wanted him to think he was a duck and go around quacking all his life that’s ok? What happens when he gets old and finds out he’s not a duck? What happens when he finds out he’s really a human, but his father has so much hate for humans that he never wanted him to be human?
[/quote]

Are you sure its hate for humans, or just respect for his wife?

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

So black people are blind and can’t see? Poor Obama the exception, it must’ve ruined his life to know that he’s black and his Mom is white. [/quote]

What drugs are you on?

Not even my “Identity Politics - Skin Color Determines All Truth In The World” decoder ring can translate that statement into coherent thought.

[quote]Taye wanted him to think he was a duck and go around quacking all his life that’s ok? What happens when he gets old and finds out he’s not a duck? What happens when he finds out he’s really a human, but his father has so much hate for humans that he never wanted him to be human?
[/quote]

Oh, I get it. because Taye doesn’t* subscribe to your opinion he must hate his own blackness?

God forbid a black person deviate from the Lefty Identity Politic Group Think otherwise they must just hate their skin color, because you know, skin color is what is important about a person, not who they are as a person or anything.

You know what my “mixed” son “identifies” as? A man.

*edit to add an important word, lol

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

So black people are blind and can’t see? Poor Obama the exception, it must’ve ruined his life to know that he’s black and his Mom is white. [/quote]

What drugs are you on?

Not even my “Identity Politics - Skin Color Determines All Truth In The World” decoder ring can translate that statement into coherent thought.

[quote]Taye wanted him to think he was a duck and go around quacking all his life that’s ok? What happens when he gets old and finds out he’s not a duck? What happens when he finds out he’s really a human, but his father has so much hate for humans that he never wanted him to be human?
[/quote]

Oh, I get it. because Taye doesn’t* subscribe to your opinion he must hate his own blackness?

God forbid a black person deviate from the Lefty Identity Politic Group Think otherwise they must just hate their skin color, because you know, skin color is what is important about a person, not who they are as a person or anything.

[/quote]
lololol what’s him being black have to do with my opinion? That’s just what he is.

And if your “mixed” son is mixed black and comes across a racist cop, I doubt the cop will ask him what does he identify himself as before he shoots him. Or do you think the cop will ask his father first?

Unless you have some great feature removing bleaching cream, black isn’t a choice. Being black isn’t something you are because you filled in a circle, or live up to blackness standards. You don’t have to identify with it to be it.

And yes it’s self hate, fuck my opinion. He didn’t say “I don’t want him to only associate as white”, he pointed out black.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

And yes it’s self hate, fuck my opinion. He didn’t say “I don’t want him to only associate as white”, he pointed out black.[/quote]

Maybe because, in genersl, white people do not put an emphasis on the color of their skin anywhere near the level black people do?

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[/quote]

Black people experience just as many sides of the race debate as any other race. 1. If you want to believe only blacks know about being black, I’m assuming you think blacks should shut their mouths about white privilege since they can’t know anything about it.

Yes, Obama experienced a deep divide with his mother over “races”. It’s in his auto-biography.

No it is nothing like thinking you are a duck as a duck is a scientifically defined fact based claim. There is absolutely no scientific bases for what we socially identify as race. This is far closer in equivalence to a old time noble bringing up his kids to not thing of themselves as nobles (a social construct). And that isn’t a factually wrong concept, nor is it in any factual way lying.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

What drugs are you on?

[/quote]

[/quote]
lololol what’s him being black have to do with my opinion? That’s just what he is.

And if your “mixed” son is mixed black and comes across a racist cop, I doubt the cop will ask him what does he identify himself as before he shoots him. Or do you think the cop will ask his father first?

Unless you have some great feature removing bleaching cream, black isn’t a choice. Being black isn’t something you are because you filled in a circle, or live up to blackness standards. You don’t have to identify with it to be it.

And yes it’s self hate, fuck my opinion. He didn’t say “I don’t want him to only associate as white”, he pointed out black.[/quote]

He also never said he didn’t want him to identify as black. Did you even read his statement? because it makes you look stupid.

He said he wants them to respect their white AND black ancestry. And that excluding the white ancestry is disrespectful of half their own makeup. He actually said that he wants the black and white ancestry on equal footing. The fact that you think placing them on equal footing is a slight to the black side is telling.

It’s also pretty comical, considering arguments made here, that his reasoning is to avoid social misrepresentation of making people think the kids’ mother is black. Thus avoiding misrepresenting even social “facts”. Quite contrary to the social realities of some posters here. Basically, his social construct of race (something defined by convention and not fact) doesn’t exactly and precisely fit some posters, so he’s an idiot.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
lololol what’s him being black have to do with my opinion?[/quote]

This can’t be a serious question. You wouldn’t even have an opinion if it was an Irish father saying his son needs to see his Italian heritage the same as his Irish. Or if a Mexican father said his son should see his Brazilian heritage as equal either.

In fact Diggs not toeing the Group Think line is the only reason you posted. It’s obvious.

Well his father taught him how to talk to and deal with police, and he isn’t too keen on putting himself in situations that will involve the police so I’m not particularly worried about it.

This is hilarious considering what you write next…

How you can type the paragraph above and then continue to misinterpret his statement this way is borderline retarded.

As long as we’re playing internet therapists here: sound to me like you’re projecting your hate of him not toeing the Company Line Group Think.