T Nation

Optimum Nutrition

do they make any good stuff?

I always liked the flavor and ingredients in their whey protein. Good quality, plus glutamine, glutamine peptides, and some BCAAs I think.

A little too high in carbs for me right now though (by no means high, just 4 g per scoop). For the lower carbs and the higher speed of absorption I’ve switched to Isopure.

I’ve used ON’s Casein too, it is one of the few 100% caseins I’ve been able to find so that is a big reason I used it. Never mixed well but that is the way of casein I guess. Using a blender and plenty of water gives decent results though. Good flavor.

cool, I’ve been thinking of switching to there stuff cause It’s cheaper than Biotest, even so I’ll probably still get stuff from them.

I used ON chocolate whey for a long time, it tasted fine and the amino acid profile is good, but it always gave me bad gas.

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
I always liked the flavor and ingredients in their whey protein. Good quality, plus glutamine, glutamine peptides, and some BCAAs I think.

I’ve used ON’s Casein too, it is one of the few 100% caseins I’ve been able to find so that is a big reason I used it. Never mixed well but that is the way of casein I guess. Using a blender and plenty of water gives decent results though. Good flavor.
[/quote]

Agree’d x2

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
I always liked the flavor and ingredients in their whey protein. Good quality, plus glutamine, glutamine peptides, and some BCAAs I think.[/quote]

All dairy proteins have “glutamine, glutamine peptides, and some BCAAs.” It’s just a gimmick on ON’s part to make you think it’s something special about their products.

Frankly, I’ve heard from to many people in the industry that their products are what exactly what they claim on the label. Apparently, they are not immune to playing games with their label claims to make cheaper products.