Optimum Anabolics Program, Anyone?

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
All the dudes featured on this page wielding the Mr Clean pose
Anyway my beef with the Mr Clean pose is just that ANY DAMN FOOL can ook half decent in that pose, just by altering the angle a bit (sometimes thats not even needed). Weedy forearms automatically look thick and (when phtographed from below) a peron can truly look scary.
[/quote]

There’s a funny picture that was taken at my gym of me and one of my buddies and he is folding his arms like the pics above and standing at an angle in front of me with his arms folded. He looks a lot bigger than me in the photo and always points it out. Meanwhile, I got about 40 pounds on him.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
I think Poliquin does it as well. I don’t think CT does.

I bet Shugart does and I think Bowden does it.[/quote]

Ever see Poliquins double bicep pose lol.

He doesn’t need the crossed arms look ^^

I saw Cephalic Carnage has it on his Facebook that crossed arm look probably because his arms are maybe 12" if he is lucky

Newb ^^

[quote]300andabove wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
I think Poliquin does it as well. I don’t think CT does.

I bet Shugart does and I think Bowden does it.

Ever see Poliquins double bicep pose lol.

He doesn’t need the crossed arms look ^^

I saw Cephalic Carnage has it on his Facebook that crossed arm look probably because his arms are maybe 12" if he is lucky

Newb ^[1]

lol
I did start out with my arms at around 12 though.

Btw, I’ve never seen a dbiceps pose by poliquin, and neither have I ever seen more than his shoulders (to some extent) and arms.
Got any links?

1. /quote ↩︎

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:
Anytime someone strikes a cross-arms-across-chest post to look more jacked in all his online pictures and looks like he’s only been working out on a sporty level for a year or so, I wouldn’t take all that “best program ever” bullshit seriously.

Brilliant! I’ve seen it so many times, but once someone points it out, it’s all you see -lol.

S

[/quote]

x3

Muscle Nerd looks like a small man with a big mouth.

Jesus fucking Christ…23 fucking responses and all of them are talking about the goddamn crossed arm pose and commenting about how the “Muscle Nerd” looks.

Does anyone besides tribunaldude has anything to say about the actual program?

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:
The Optimum Anabolics Book sucks…you can find it online for free. [/quote]

Er. Okay. But is the program decent?

[quote]Fiction wrote:
Rhino Jockey wrote:
The Optimum Anabolics Book sucks…you can find it online for free.

Er. Okay. But is the program decent?[/quote]

I doubt it is anything revolutionary. I was signed up for the ‘Muscle Nerd’ free newsletter, and he mentioned that he was using Craig Ballantyne’s Turbulence Training (a link to buy it was also included).

I tend to shy away from programs by fitness experts who hype someone else’s e-book while trying to convince you to buy their’s - in the end, it just becomes a pimped-up affiliate program. And that’s essentially what it is. I’m signed up for several of the free updates provided by these internet fitness gurus, and all the promotional stuff follows a set formula: differently worded, but basically the same old marketing spiel. You’ll also occasionally see some “familiar faces” making guest appearances in another author’s newsletter.

Not saying they are all crap, but you need to cut through the hype in order to make an informed decision - and there sure is a LOT of hype to cut through. I would suggest that you can find something just as effective, if not moreso, in the T-Nation archives. Wouldn’t cost you anything either.

[quote]Fiction wrote:
Rhino Jockey wrote:
The Optimum Anabolics Book sucks…you can find it online for free.

Er. Okay. But is the program decent?[/quote]

Not really, his book is not laid out very well. Couldn’t find the actual program…just pages and pages of text that didn’t appeal to me. There are programs and books out there that are a lot more useful than that. A lot of good ones can be found here on T-Nation for free. Thib’s new Get Jacked Ebook is excellent. It breaks down 12 weeks of training, nutrition and supplementation protocols. As long as you follow the program, it’s impossible to screw up.

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:

Thib’s new Get Jacked Ebook is excellent. It breaks down 12 weeks of training, nutrition and supplementation protocols. As long as you follow the program, it’s impossible to screw up.[/quote]

I agree that buying an e-book from a tried and trusted coach like CT would be a far better option. Plus, his physique speaks for itself.

[quote]Fiction wrote:
There is a plethora of glowing reviews online. In fact, I have not seen one bad one, despite the claims in the reviews that it was “a controversial program that caused quite a stir in the bodybuilding world when it was first introduced”.

http://www.discussbodybuilding.com/Optimum-Anabolics-The-Review-m26276.aspx

http://body-building-review.upickreviews.com/optimum-anabolics-review.html

Of course it is being lauded as “one of the greatest programs in modern times”. However, I am quite skeptical that “The Muscle Nerd”, as he calls himself, is simply very good at marketing.

Anyway, if any of you have used to program or even read about it or hear other experts’ reactions to it, I would be very interested in hearing your responses. I did a search on T-Nation and found no mention of it on the site.

I’m seriously considering doing the program as I am looking to gain some mass and have found that I respond best to high volume, intense training and don’t overtrain easily. However, I don’t want to devote myself to a 24 week program without knowing that it is what it is advertised to be.[/quote]

well from your first link, all it appears to be is a 5 day split - legs, back, chest, shoulders, arms… big deal.

I completely agree with tribunaldude. Not only is “Muscle Nerd” the most cheesy fucking name ever, i subscribe to his weekly articles and they, for the most part, suck. He’s great at marketing and uses America’s insecurities to benefit his product. He even promotes male enhancement supplements.

Am i saying that his product won’t work? Of course not. His product does work, and has worked for many people. But remember that almost any training routine, backed with the proper nutrition, will work for a certain amount of time.

My opinion (whatever the fuck that’s worth), don’t waist your money. Do your research for the best routine that fits your goals. Plus wouldn’t it be nice to say that you got big from a routine that you designed? Not from the “Muscle Nerd’s”, Optimum Anabolics.