Optimizing Creatine Absorbtion

I’m currently using just plain creatine monohydrate with no added compounds. Some products on the market like Cell-mass and Vitargo-CGL are talking about how their product has 10000x better absorbtion than the leading brand of creatine. Of course these products are like $40 for a one month use.
So how do you increase creatine absorbtion when all you have is normal CM??

[quote]tito wrote:
I’m currently using just plain creatine monohydrate with no added compounds. Some products on the market like Cell-mass and Vitargo-CGL are talking about how their product has 10000x better absorbtion than the leading brand of creatine. Of course these products are like $40 for a one month use.
So how do you increase creatine absorbtion when all you have is normal CM?? [/quote]

With an insulin Spike. Insulin shuttles nutrients such as amino acids and Creatine into muscle cells. The perfect vehicle for stimulating this would be Surge. Read up on it in the T-Nation store.

D

Dedicated…you changed your avitar…WHY!!

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Dedicated…you changed your avitar…WHY!![/quote]

From Tom Araya or the well endowed lady?

D

Just get enough of an insulin spike. Sugar, carbs, anything even fat. Just make sure to not have it with just water. I take mine with a litre of milk and food

[quote]tito wrote:
So how do you increase creatine absorbtion when all you have is normal CM?? [/quote]

The currently available and best evidence supports 3.5 gms. in your pre/during workout drink, and 3.5 grams in your post-workout drink.

[quote]tito wrote:

It’s a non-issue. Just take your 5 grams of mono a day and you’ll be fine

[quote]big balls wrote:
Just get enough of an insulin spike. Sugar, carbs, anything even fat. Just make sure to not have it with just water. I take mine with a litre of milk and food[/quote]

Hasn’t the whole “transport” theory been fully debunked by now? People typically put creatine in Surge because it’s the best time to take it, not because of the simultaneous insulin spike. What about off days- what do you do then? Mixing it with just water is fine.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Hasn’t the whole “transport” theory been fully debunked by now? People typically put creatine in Surge because it’s the best time to take it, not because of the simultaneous insulin spike. What about off days- what do you do then? Mixing it with just water is fine.[/quote]

Is this true? I thought Berardi was saying in the creatine update article that post workout with some carbs was best supported by whatever evidence there is. I could’ve misread it or something newer could’ve been found. He wasn’t very firm either if I remember right.

My personal real world evidence show me that taking it every morning in my coffe when I know I will remember it works great :slight_smile:

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
My personal real world evidence show me that taking it every morning in my coffe when I know I will remember it works great :slight_smile:

Phill [/quote]

I thought studies stated that coffee and products with caff. should that they would cancel the effects of Creatine?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Is this true? I thought Berardi was saying in the creatine update article that post workout with some carbs was best supported by whatever evidence there is. I could’ve misread it or something newer could’ve been found. He wasn’t very firm either if I remember right.[/quote]

I think he was just trying to get people to take it. The connection seemed like a stretch to me.

[quote]Kal-El wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

I thought studies stated that coffee and products with caff. should that they would cancel the effects of Creatine?[/quote]

Coffee has a diuretic effect thats the prob but as long as your getting enough hydration your all good IMO and the creatine dissolves very well in the HOT liquid.

Again also this is just my real world experience anmd what works for me sure there is a study for everything to back up any opinion. Whcih sure is great but at the end of the day use the info, find what works for you and is seemless and easy for your Life.

Phill

I put 5 grams in my PWO Surge. Works great. On the days I do not workout, I mix 5 grams with Power Drive.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

I thought studies stated that coffee and products with caff. should that they would cancel the effects of Creatine?

Coffee has a diuretic effect thats the prob but as long as your getting enough hydration your all good IMO and the creatine dissolves very well in the HOT liquid.

Again also this is just my real world experience anmd what works for me sure there is a study for everything to back up any opinion. Whcih sure is great but at the end of the day use the info, find what works for you and is seemless and easy for your Life.

Phill

[/quote]

Just curious, what kind of gains are you making, taking it that way?