T Nation

Opticen vs Metabolic Drive

Hey guys,

I’m considering buying one of these MRP’s. I want to try to Metabolic Drive because Biotest products are of the utmost quality, but I’ve tried atlarge nutrition products before and are pretty damn good.

Also, opticen has many more vitamins and minerals and seems to be much more well rounded. Has anyone tried either or both?

I have not tryed Opticen, but I can say that Metabolic Drive is the best tasting protein shake that I have ever had. It mixes well also.

why would you need a ton of vitamins/minerals with an MRP? usually they’ll just be low quality in order to look “pretty” on the nutritional label.
How about eating some fruits/veggies through the day?

Is it possible to get low quality vitamins/minerals? No offense, not trying to sound like a smartass. I mean it says 60% of the DV. If you take this 3x a day, won’t that pretty much replace a multi vitamin?

[quote]aquiroz504 wrote:
Is it possible to get low quality vitamins/minerals? No offense, not trying to sound like a smartass. I mean it says 60% of the DV. If you take this 3x a day, won’t that pretty much replace a multi vitamin?[/quote]

Yes, there various forms of many, if not most, vitamins and minerals. Some have significantly better bioavailability than others.

I’ve never heard of anyone using a MRP as the main source for their vitamins and minerals, but then again I shoot for much higher intakes than the RDA.

By the way, Metabolic Drive Complete is the best MRP I’ve used and I just tried a bunch of new ones over the past 6 weeks to make sure I wasn’t missing out on anything.