Oppresion Of Afghan Women

Now that’s how you treat women…

This ought to teach the little bitch not to step on her teacher’s pray map while he is praying to Allah for mercy!

[quote]pat36 wrote:
Now that’s how you treat women…[/quote]

Where did you fish that pic from ? And what country is that supposed to be?

[quote]lixy wrote:
jawara wrote:
Can you prove western women commit suicide more than Islamic women?

Sure I can. Look up stats for suicide rates by countries.

Sorry dude I havent heard of many women trying to kill themselves by burning to death, I mostly hear about drug over doses and cutting of the wrist.

Jumping off the roof of a building, overdosing meds, cutting off wrists, shooting a bullet in the brain are all means to an end. Lighting ones’ ass on fire is no different. But you can argue otherwise if you want. As for not hearing about women setting themselves on fire, it’s because you didn’t pay enough attention.

If you wanna focus on the US, I’ll have to admit that I don’t know many self-immolated women there, but the famous case of Alice Herz comes to mind nonetheless. If you wanna extend it to the “non-Afghan world”, I can literally flood you with cases. But here’s the most recent one I stumbled upon.

P.S: I can remember that a couple of years ago, an Israeli set himself on fire because T’sahal pulled out of Gaza.[/quote]

Dude it says right there in the first sentence that she had mental problems.

[quote]btm62 wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Wait… so Christianity DOESN’T condone patriarchies? Are you fucking kidding me?

The Bible is equally or more so sexist than the Koran.

I thought this was a thread about the opression of afghan women. Way to interject your agenda though. Good focus.[/quote]

Exactly. It’s not about the Koran encouraging such shit. It’s about the fact that Afghani women are oppressed, which they are.

I counter argued a non-related argument. Sue me.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
This ought to teach the little bitch not to step on her teacher’s pray map while he is praying to Allah for mercy![/quote]

I seriously want to kick that guy in the balls, while wearing steel toed boots, the NGRMF’er!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
pat36 wrote:
This ought to teach the little bitch not to step on her teacher’s pray map while he is praying to Allah for mercy!

I seriously want to kick that guy in the balls, while wearing steel toed boots, the NGRMF’er!!

[/quote]

I agree, men that treat women like that deserve to get their ass kicked everyday for the rest of their lives.

I think there is a comparison to Christianity here. Christians used to do a lot of terrible things to women. Look at the Inquisition and witch trials. They also engaged in a massive slave trade. This is all true.

Only problem is, Christians no longer do these things and justify them on their religion, while Muslims still do.

I Do, Lixy you may now kiss the bride!!!

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
I think there is a comparison to Christianity here. Christians used to do a lot of terrible things to women. Look at the Inquisition and witch trials. They also engaged in a massive slave trade. This is all true.

Only problem is, Christians no longer do these things and justify them on their religion, while Muslims still do. [/quote]

Muslims are about five centuries behind due to a combination of lacking resources and imperialism. Their behavior isn’t justified, but it’s no worse than the Christians of old.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Gkhan wrote:

Only problem is, Christians no longer do these things and justify them on their religion, while Muslims still do.

Muslims are about five centuries behind due to a combination of lacking resources and imperialism. Their behavior isn’t justified, but it’s no worse than the Christians of old.[/quote]

The ottoman empire sure fucked them up but I think it is too much oil that is the real problem. Everyone is fighting for control of that vital resource.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Gkhan wrote:

Muslims are about five centuries behind due to a combination of lacking resources and imperialism. Their behavior isn’t justified, but it’s no worse than the Christians of old.[/quote]

I don’t know, check the body count. And, you’d think people would learn from history, not try to reenact and try to one up it’s darkest moments.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
EmilyQ wrote:
pat36 wrote:
If I were a woman in Asscrackistan or any muslim country for that matter, I think I probably rather be dead then treated like some second class slave.

Really? Women have been treated as second class slaves through most of history.

But then, so too have most men. Until very recently, it sucked pretty hard not to be a member of the ruling class in most places.

In varying degrees, but in many of those places pets are more valuable than women.[/quote]

I wasn’t arguing that women are living well in those places, or that I would be okay with it myself. Only pointing out that men and women have tolerated abhorrent conditions throughout history, and yet have continued to cling to life.

I would perhaps not survive a move to a place like Afghanistan, having lived the comparatively pampered life of a modern western female. But had I been born there, I suspect that I would embrace life despite harsh conditions, and seek ways to improve my circumstances (by way of a man, undoubtedly).

Unless I got stoned to death for having such a contrary and rebellious nature. Which would certainly be a possibility.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Yes, that is true. But at the same time, it is unfair to compare Christians today to Muslims today in light of what Christians have done in the past. If you look, you will see that the history of the Muslims is as bloody as the history of the Christians.

But I still say it is unfair to compare what Christians once did to what Muslims are still doing today.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
pat36 wrote:
EmilyQ wrote:
pat36 wrote:
If I were a woman in Asscrackistan or any muslim country for that matter, I think I probably rather be dead then treated like some second class slave.

Really? Women have been treated as second class slaves through most of history.

But then, so too have most men. Until very recently, it sucked pretty hard not to be a member of the ruling class in most places.

In varying degrees, but in many of those places pets are more valuable than women.

I wasn’t arguing that women are living well in those places, or that I would be okay with it myself. Only pointing out that men and women have tolerated abhorrent conditions throughout history, and yet have continued to cling to life.

I would perhaps not survive a move to a place like Afghanistan, having lived the comparatively pampered life of a modern western female. But had I been born there, I suspect that I would embrace life despite harsh conditions, and seek ways to improve my circumstances (by way of a man, undoubtedly).

Unless I got stoned to death for having such a contrary and rebellious nature. Which would certainly be a possibility.[/quote]

I’d be shot for my big mouth. I’d certainly be telling men what they can do with themselves and subsequently become a lesbian just to piss them off.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Muslims are about five centuries behind due to a combination of lacking resources and imperialism. Their behavior isn’t justified, but it’s no worse than the Christians of old.

Yes, that is true. But at the same time, it is unfair to compare Christians today to Muslims today in light of what Christians have done in the past. If you look, you will see that the history of the Muslims is as bloody as the history of the Christians.

But I still say it is unfair to compare what Christians once did to what Muslims are still doing today.[/quote]

True. I’m just pointing out you cannot blame the religion for this. It’s the culture and the interpretation, not the religion itself, which is fucked up. Just like in the old Christian Dark Ages.

People who kill in the name of God, Allah, Buddha, Jehova, or whatever deity they believe in are going against the core of religion itself. For every violent, fucked up passage in one religious text there is an equally or more fucked up one in another.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Gkhan wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
True. I’m just pointing out you cannot blame the religion for this. It’s the culture and the interpretation, not the religion itself, which is fucked up. [/quote]

Oh, ok, I understand. Just wondered what you were getting at.

I just hate when people justify Muslim violence by pointing to violence Christians have done in the past. That’s what I thought you meant and I was wrong.