Opportunity of a Lifetime

This is my first ever post on GAL and I did not know where to post it. Some of you may know I’m based in Singapore, Asia. I applied for an invitation only event organised by the SFBF (Singapore Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness) a non-profit organisation based here.

Here is the link - http://www.sfbf.org.sg/

My application was accepted and I’ll get a special chance to attend a seminar being conducted by Mr Ronnie Coleman next Wednesday (90 min session). They said “seminar” but what the mean is “Ronnie will likely spend part of the time doing his lifting routine, part of the time answering questions, and part of the time taking photos with you. It will be INFORMAL.”. There is an invite to go see The Expendables with Ronnie the day after as well.

I’m really excited about this because seldom do we get an opportunity to see champion bodybuilders so close to our home. I want to listen intently to the questions being asked and hope to think of one or two questions myself to ask him by next Wednesday. My close friends are not really into this sport and this was the place I wanted to share it.

I hope one day when my knowledge grows and the opportunity to travel increases that I’ll have the chance to speak and learn more from other champions in the game around the world.

pics or it didn’t happen.

seriously, good for you!! share the pics when you can.

[quote]nomorewar wrote:
pics or it didn’t happen.

seriously, good for you!! share the pics when you can.[/quote]

For sure :slight_smile: I double confirmed the event just now so I wouldn’t leave myself or T Nation disappointed.

That sounds like it’ll be fantastic!

I should fly down!

too. fucking. cool.

Fuck you, man. I’m kind of envious.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:
Singapore, Asia.
[/quote]

I LOLed at this. Not sure why.

Just curious: How much does a 90 minute seminar with Big Ron cost? How many people will be there? Sounds like a good time, especially with The Expendables thrown in.

For the first time in Ronnie’s life not only will he be the biggest guy there by a long shot, but also the tallest guy there by a huge margin.

^ Not if Nards makes the trip. He’s like 9 feet tall…

That’s awesome!

Ask him why movies like Twilight are so damn popular. Honestly, I think Big Ron would have an entertaining answer.

This is my first ever post on GAL
[/quote]

This is where I stopped reading.

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:

This is my first ever post on GAL
[/quote]

This is where I stopped reading.[/quote]

To the OP, that sounds awesome

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

Singapore, Asia.
[/quote]

I LOLed at this. Not sure why.

Just curious: How much does a 90 minute seminar with Big Ron cost? How many people will be there? Sounds like a good time, especially with The Expendables thrown in.[/quote]

Well we had to give a donation for the event ranging from around USD20 along with a written application of why you want to go, your background etc. There were two other options of higher donations to the Federation of around USD200 (which included a lunch with Mr Coleman) and USD800 (which included dinner). Now as you can see USD20 gives quite a lot. The film is free of charge.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
That’s awesome!

Ask him why movies like Twilight are so damn popular. Honestly, I think Big Ron would have an entertaining answer.[/quote]

Thanks LM. Haha I’d love to ask that but I was thinking this weekend to ask along the lines of how he was able to build strength along with his bodybuilding achievements. I read of the strength achievements he’s achieved (800lb squat etc) and wanted to know how he was able to build both (apart from being the genetic behemoth that he is of course).

The more I put my mind into this sport the more things start happening fast. I was so excited when I got accepted to join this event that I’m going to make every minute count. They asked us to dress in gym gear for the 90 min seminar so hope we get a chance to try a few exercises too (??).

[quote]Nards wrote:
That sounds like it’ll be fantastic!

I should fly down![/quote]

That would be awesome! You know if my wife and I ever plan a trip to TW it would be a privilege and an honour to train with you one day, provided you don’t think I’d slow you down :slight_smile:

show us some pink or get the fuck out

Apparently he arrived yesterday and did a workout at one of the commercial gyms here in Singapore. This is a blog link from the guy responsible for taking photos from Ronnie’s trip down here. I’ve posted the link without his permission which I apologize for but considering it’s a blog I thought it would be open for public viewing. My seminar with Ronnie is today at 4pm, in about 7 hours time.

Apparently he arrived yesterday and did a workout at one of the commercial gyms here in Singapore. This is a blog link from the guy responsible for taking photos from Ronnie’s trip down here. I’ve posted the link without his permission which I apologize for but considering it’s a blog I thought it would be open for public viewing. My seminar with Ronnie is today at 4pm, in about 7 hours time.

http://fabodylous.blogspot.com/2010/08/ronnie-coleman-training-back-biceps-and.html[/quote]

Awesome stuff, can’t wait to hear how it goes man. Hope you get to chat with big nasty.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

http://fabodylous.blogspot.com/2010/08/ronnie-coleman-training-back-biceps-and.html[/quote]

Awesome stuff, can’t wait to hear how it goes man. Hope you get to chat with big nasty. [/quote]

Thanks H4M, I’ll post all pics and videos (hopefully) on the other site where we are connected and you can take a look there too :slight_smile:

I’m having trouble posting pics on T Nation so I might post specifically on Flickr and get everyone to see it there.

Seriously man, Run with that. You pick the hell out of his brain!