Opinions, Thoughts, Feedback

So ive been lifting for a couple years and ive just started to get “serious” about it in the last 5-6 months…
Im 6’4", currently 220 lbs. 22 years old Im trying to “bulk up” right now as i need some mass and i want my lifts to improve (im following a westside template right now trying to gain more strength), eatings lots and frequent.

Lifts are:
bench 205 lbs
deads 315 lbs
squat 275

front

back

leg

back

last one

tienes nada. trabaja mas

great lighting…

so how serious is ‘serious’?

Honestly it looks like all you do is curls, shrugs, skull crushers & maybe some vertical pushing, but probably just raises.

Sorry for the poor lighting…
I dont curl or shrug… just rows and cleans.
I will continue to work hard, thanks!

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Honestly it looks like all you do is curls, shrugs, skull crushers & maybe some vertical pushing, but probably just raises.

[/quote]

This is silly
You can never tell exactly what movements someone does just by looking at them, ESPECIALLY for someone who is on the low end of the development spectrum.

[quote]dpower wrote:
Sorry for the poor lighting…
I dont curl or shrug… just rows and cleans.
I will continue to work hard, thanks![/quote]

Saying that you don’t curl or shrug doesn’t make you sound badass or whatever.
It you want to build bigger arms and traps it would be wise to train them directly.

Ok, you’re going to hate what I have to say - but first of all, age?

There are some people who will be BETTER served by just losing fat and focusing on the mirror muscles and cycling carbs and doing cardio instead of just the basics - from a bb standpoint.
I’m afraid the westside template may do nothing for you from an aesthetics standpoint. You don;t have the body type for that. You need to add in curls, pulldowns and flies or you will keep looking awkward no matter how much size you put on.
At the very least, switch to a body part split.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

This is silly
[/quote]

Yes it is, was sort of the point.

I’m saying, one can tell he lifts, or does some sort of manual labor for a job that works the arms, shoulders and traps. Other than that, doesn’t look like much is going on.

BUT, it could just be the lighting. With brighter pictures he might look like a beast. Which in turn would make me look like more of an asshole. Which I wouldn’t mind, because it would be good for him. I just can’t see shit in those pictures except some arms and shoulders.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
There are some people who will be BETTER served by just losing fat and focusing on the mirror muscles and cycling carbs and doing cardio instead of just the basics - from a bb standpoint.
I’m afraid the westside template may do nothing for you from an aesthetics standpoint. You don;t have the body type for that. You need to add in curls, pulldowns and flies or you will keep looking awkward no matter how much size you put on.
At the very least, switch to a body part split. [/quote]

Errr… Can you explain what you mean Tribunaldude? What exactly about his build makes you say this ?

Thats for him to know. I’ll PM him if he’s interested.
I looked at his “structure” so to speak, and saw that he is gimped in a few ways from a bbing standpoint.

[quote]shookers wrote:
Errr… Can you explain what you mean Tribunaldude? What exactly about his build makes you say this ?[/quote]

I don’t think there’s any point arguing about specifics for this guy.

OP, sorry to say but for your age and size you don’t really look like you lift and your numbers are, well… pathetic.

Something is missing here. Maybe it’s that you’re just now getting “serious” but I suggest you stick with the basics and get a solid foundation established. It sounds like you are doing that since you mention “cleans and rows”. Focus on the heavy compound exercises and bring up your numbers first off. Intensity is key here. You’re young and have the hormones and recovery ability to push yourself. Don’t be afraid to slap on the plates and go to failure once or twice a week. Read up on nutrition and start a dietary regime to support your effort in the gym. The beginners forum has sticky threads with links to some great articles. Check them out and leave the Rate My Physique forum for another day. Good Luck!

[quote]shookers wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:
At the very least, switch to a body part split.

Errr… Can you explain what you mean Tribunaldude? What exactly about his build makes you say this ?[/quote]

Yes please elaborate on this… you say lose the fat and do more isolation (mirror muscles) and others say stick to the basics and get stronger first… What is my best route here. Cheers!