T Nation

Opinion's On Will Brink

I was wondering what the T-Staffers, or anyone else for that matter, thinks of Will Brink and his work/theories. Also, has anyone read his new E-Mag?

Not the most impressive person when you talk to him in person, but his written materials seems good.

I like actually like Will, he doesnt do anything earth shaking, but usually produces some good insight and material.

I like Will, smart guy who is nicer than most think. He writes very well.

Will Brink is a good guy. Don’t always
agree with him on everything but he is a
solid dude.

Brock

I like Will, he really knows his shit when it comes to Whey protein. he big in anti-ageing circles.

Not impressive in person? Yo mama! :slight_smile:

I concur…I read his stuff frequently when I was first getting into the game. I still remember that little brochure with the 10 diet tips that came with Metabolic Thyrolean when that hit the market. I modeled one of my first real diets on the info in the brochure (with good success).

…although that damn Peptide FM never panned out! I was so excited when I read about that in his old Musclemag column. I still love ya Will!

I’ve been a fan of his website for quite some time. For all the JMB fans, Brink is right up your ally.

I’ll echoe what has been said before. Nothing earth shattering, but overall good stuff. I find that there way too many peoples trying to come up with something revolutionary and actually end up making fools out of themselves, Will is not one of those peoples.

I got his supplements e-book (can’t remember the exact name at the moment)… while there was nothing earth-shattering in it, it did provide some good basic info on a variety of supplements. All in all, I like many of his recommendations.

I am never understand what people mean by “earth shattering.” I don’t toot my own horn that often so people might forget that I introduced many topic things bodybuilding. If you mean “earth shattering” as in inventing BS theories with no solid basis in science to make myself sound ?cutting edge? then no, that’s not me. Many things people might consider old info or just common knowledge came from me. Who was the very first to write an article on the use of flax oil for losing bodyfat for use with bodybuilders? That would be me (ask TC about that one). Who was one of the very first , if not the first, to question the high carb low fat dogma? Me. Why does everyone know now that German creatine is better than others? That would be me. Who wrote the book so to speak on the differences in whey proteins? Me again. Dan and I used to argue who wrote about whey first, but we were neck and neck on that and I have written more on the topic than anyone else by far. There are many other firsts I have done in the business, and I only let out to the public a small % of what I know (I think ?Brock? will back me up on that) so I resent when people say that about me. Don’t mistake BS for earth shattering folks…That’s my rant for the day :slight_smile:

Will-I think that the problem arises not with the content, but the manner in which it is marketed. While your book is certainly an excellent tool for novice lifters and individuals looking for a comprehensive review of what to eat (and what not to eat), it is not necessarily a wise purchase for those of us who have been around a while.

Personally, when I saw it and noticed that Poliquin was a) recommending it and b) authoring a chapter of strength training in it, I immediately assumed that it would be higher level. This notion was supported by the fact that it was marketed as a valuable tool for competitive BBers and athletes through channels that directly appeal to those individuals.

Will, I didn’t mean any offense by my comment about your book not being “earth-shattering”. It’s just that I had already read about many of the supplements listed in your book, so much of the information that it presented was stuff I already knew (see Eric’s post above). I do still use it as a reference though and I’m still glad I bought it. For someone who doesn’t know a lot about supplements I think your book would be invaluable.

I do remember that the first time I’d heard of flax was from an article you wrote.

Eric. That particular book is intended for exactly that market, which is 99% of the market: novice lifters who want a comprehensive, scientifically bases and referenced, guide to what and how to eat to maximize LBM. Not based on fantasy or theory and not put out by a supplement company and or designed to sell supplements. To that end, the book delivers exactly what it was intended for. There will always a % of those who find it too complicated and those who find it not complicated enough. In fact, we have gotten far more emails from people saying the former than the later. I don’t write the marketing lingo but no where on that page does it say it’s designed for competitive bodybuilders per se. However, being as I have extensive experience with said competitive bodybuilders at the pro and amateur level, I can tell you plenty of them don’t know what they are doing in the diet dept and could pick up plenty of useful info from that ebook, hence the very positive emails I have gotten from competitive bodybuilders. Most competitive bodybuilders are often no less confused about which supps on the market have any real data behind them and which don’t (read BS hype). Finally, I was not talking about the ebook in the last post per se, but about the fact that people often forget to give credit where it is due as to who introduced what to the bodybuilding community.

Don’t be blue Will. I still got love for ya’. Keep up the hard work.

Who was one of the very first , if not the first, to question the high carb low fat dogma? … I think a guy named Atkins said something about that in the 70’s and he said he got his info from another doctor. But I did start taking flax oil to lean up after reading your article on it. Barleans thanks you.