Opinions on Weight Gainer Supps?

After I compete this spring in gear, I am going to try and eat my way up a weight class (from 198 to 220) and do some raw lifting.

Currently, I am taking in about 3500 calories a day +/- 500. I know that I could just eat more and get the calories I need, but given my school/work schedule, the easiest thing for me to do would be to make a shake in the morning, put it in the fridge and sip on it throughout the day when I get out of class.

Anyhow, I was hoping that maybe you guys could give a recommendation. Looking for something economical (I’m a college guy, meaning I’m poor.), around 1000 calories per serving and isn’t a chunky, chalky shake.

Thanks!

Chris Shugart wrote an article a few years ago talking about quality meals while bulking (Personally I can get away with just eating some dirty calories but not everyone can) And I NEVER recomend a weight gainer powder its a waste of money for a Tub of second rate protein (Whey protein concentrate …heck sometimes they throw soy in there too) and a bunch of maltodextrin.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this, getting 1000 extra calories a day is SIMPLE go to the store buy a tub of Natural Peanut butter, put 2 or 3 tbsp of that in your whey protein in the morning, next you can throw in some whole milk (if you can tolerate milk) instead of water, finish it off with a couple tbsp of EVOO, mix in all up and you wont even taste it and there you go just about 1000 extra quality calories coming from whole food sources, want some more carbs, throw in a banana or 2 or some oatmeal its really easy and you will save money.

Good luck

Metabolic Drive Complete is the best MRP I’ve ever come across. I love it, even more so at 22 bucks a tub. If you haven’t tried it I recommend you do so.

Combine it with milk, olive oil, or PB to up the calories (I just use water lately).

[quote]Ocelot82 wrote:
Metabolic Drive Complete is the best MRP I’ve ever come across. I love it, even more so at 22 bucks a tub. If you haven’t tried it I recommend you do so.

Combine it with milk, olive oil, or PB to up the calories (I just use water lately).[/quote]

x2

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

[quote]Ocelot82 wrote:

Combine it with milk, olive oil, or PB to up the calories (I just use water lately).[/quote]

x2[/quote]

x3

I really only use a weight gainer PWO for the carbs and protein, but if you want something around 1000cals, I used allmax’s QuickMass and its about that and tastes good. Probably have gone through over 100lbs of it without getting sick of it.