Opinions on Two-a-Days

I had some extra time today and decided to go back to the gym late this afternoon after spending a little more than an hour demolishing shoulders. I went back about 10 hours later after substantial meals and a good nap and had a PR on deadlift at 375 (Came up smooth, but worked up with hard sets so called it a day).

What are the opinions on doing this maybe a few times a week? If I can eat enough I think I can support the work load. Also, at my calorie level (4500 - 5000) I am gaining all kinds of weight - some extra fat is hanging around and this might be a way to remedy this.

I think I have read a number of places that many people do a less intense session in the morning followed by a heavy, intense session later that day - time permitting, of course.

Anyone have any experience?

I think the second session is generally supposed to be lighter. Then again, I know very little about bodybuilding, so I could be totally wrong.

I do two a days for extra volume on HST.
Ill do 3-4 sets of 5 for upperbody in the morning and 2 set of lower body, reverse at night
AM:
Mili 4x5 (or whatever rep count Im on)
BB row 4x5
Bench 3x5
BB Curl 4x5
Close grip Bench 2x5
Cable crunch 3x5
Hack squat machine 2x5 (+light work sets)
Leg curls 2x5
Calf raise standing 2x5

Then my PM looks like this:
BB Squat 4x5 or Front squat 3x5 Deadlift 2x5
SLDL 2x5
Standing calf raises 2x5
Shrugs 3x5
DB Press 2x5
Dip 4x5
Chinup 2x5

Im seeing pretty good gains but Im at college walking around all day, fucking exhausted, eating only ~4k if I was eating more like 5k I would be fat.

What kind of rest days do you incorporate with this program?

[quote]ballsout wrote:
Im seeing pretty good gains but Im at college walking around all day, fucking exhausted, eating only ~4k if I was eating more like 5k I would be fat.[/quote]

LOL, pretty good gains? That’s a fuckload of volume, especially if you emulate that day of lifting 3-4 times week. I would bump the cals to 5500 AT LEAST.

I workout 3 days a week M/W/F off days Ill do Farmers walks and/or walking or just take the whole day off.

Pretty good gains being 6-7 lbs so far (5/6 weeks done) I didnt have the most ideal feeding situation for the first 2/6 weeks.

I dont track my cals, just eat and adjust as I gain with a carb cutoff of 4pm unless I get a late workout… That was just a guesstemate I actually tried to track my cals one day last week and I had a +1400 cal breakfast and ~1200 second breakfast.