Opinions on This Quote/Picture?

I think she wrote “then” instead of “than”

I don’t want to be the kind of person that fucks that up.

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
She looks like a chubby Angelina Jolie…I’m at work so my youtube privileges are non-existant, but I’ll post a short video from Henry Rollins that sums up my opinion on this broad when I get home. [/quote]
I’m looking forward to that. I like Henry Rollins but not enough to know what quote you may be talking about.

I don’t think she needs to be nice or needs to bow at the Nicole Ritchie altar to get a pass from me.

That picture/poster in the OP is a visual throwback to the 60’s. The statement is an announcement that she’s edgy. She’s going to be who she is and that’s that. I think it’s cool.

She’s also, what, 23?

Look, if she were a cheerleader, a dancer, a figure competitor or athlete and said those things I’d scratch my head and think “well damn girl this is what you do…”

But she’s not any of those, she’s a singer.

And a soul singer at that.

And to get that kind of soul in your voice you have to have an emptiness caused by pain.

Gaga fills her emptiness with fashion and whiskey, Amy Winehouse filled hers with Horse, Adele fills hers with a danish and a smoke.

There’s no way I’m goona judge this gal, but I am a little suspicious of the OP’s priorities

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
I don’t think she needs to be nice or needs to bow at the Nicole Ritchie altar to get a pass from me.

That picture/poster in the OP is a visual throwback to the 60’s. The statement is an announcement that she’s edgy. She’s going to be who she is and that’s that. I think it’s cool.

She’s also, what, 23?

Look, if she were a cheerleader, a dancer, a figure competitor or athlete and said those things I’d scratch my head and think “well damn girl this is what you do…”

And to get that kind of soul in your voice you have to have an emptiness caused by pain.

Gaga fills her emptiness with fashion and whiskey, Amy Winehouse filled hers with Horse, Adele fills hers with a danish and a smoke.

There’s no way I’m goona judge this gal, but I am a little suspicious of the OP’s priorities
[/quote]

For the record, because you asked about my priorities.

This was posted by a friend of mine on facebook, and caused quite a discussion, so I figured I’d just get some more opinions.

You can tell she’d be pretty cute if she wasn’t so fat.

Gotcha.

Are you by any chance in or around LA? I’d wager a guess that you are but it’d just be a guess

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
Gotcha.

Are you by any chance in or around LA? I’d wager a guess that you are but it’d just be a guess

[/quote]

Nah, Im more NorCal, Sacramento to be specific.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

She’s also, what, 23?

[/quote]

I agree, she is a singer so her looks or views on health shouldn’t really be an issue. But by making that statement she is voicing some pretty strong opinions on that issue.

I guess ‘edgy’ and ‘cool’ is in the eye of the beholder. Here in the UK I see alot of young women with that sort of attitude. It gets old.

To me a girl that lifts weights and takes care of herself is edgy and cool.

But you’re right, her stuff is angsty. Somethings got to fuel that.

[quote]RussaldoStrong wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
Gotcha.

[/quote]

Nah, Im more NorCal, Sacramento to be specific. [/quote]

gotcha

[quote]Think tank fish wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

She’s also, what, 23?

[/quote]

I agree, she is a singer so her looks or views on health shouldn’t really be an issue. But by making that statement she is voicing some pretty strong opinions on that issue.

I guess ‘edgy’ and ‘cool’ is in the eye of the beholder. Here in the UK I see alot of young women with that sort of attitude. It gets old.

[/quote]

I said “cool” as if it was fine by me, not that I endorsed her view or felt it deserved admiration

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

She’s also, what, 23?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I said “cool” as if it was fine by me, not that I endorsed her view or felt it deserved admiration
[/quote]

Ah, fair one. My mistake.

The smoking in the picture bugs me. Kind of glamourizes it. Surely they could get the retro feel without that.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

She’s also, what, 23?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, fair one. My mistake.

The smoking in the picture bugs me. Kind of glamourizes it. Surely they could get the retro feel without that.
[/quote]

You’re right, the same effect could be achieved if the pic displayed her…

ironing my shirt!!!

Ha, or she could just be stuffing her face with a 50’s style sundae…kind of fits the statement.

I saw an interview with her and she is truly your average, down to earth girl. not trying to be edgy or anything. She let’s her music do the talking unlike other artists who need sex and image to sell song imo. I think that’s what she’s getting at. She doesn’t feel the pressure to fit the image of a mainstream singer. Salt of the earth girl, from north London.

[quote]Ken St.Mich wrote:
That stuff is just marketing.
She pretends not to be a bitch for the media, while she is just the same as any other female singer in this regard.

Kind of like Apple who pretend to be different than other computer companies.

Selfrighteous and pretentious describes it well.
If you ask me she can either go fuck herself or suck my…[/quote]

Yep, a product of the Brit School. its like a rapper who claims theyre from Compton but grew up in drama school

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
She looks like a chubby Angelina Jolie…I’m at work so my youtube privileges are non-existant, but I’ll post a short video from Henry Rollins that sums up my opinion on this broad when I get home. [/quote]
I’m looking forward to that. I like Henry Rollins but not enough to know what quote you may be talking about.[/quote]

I almost wonder if she is just exasperated with all the questions regarding her weight. She has a great voice. Her job is to sing. Unfortunately the media also wants her to conform to a look. I just read it as a “back off” kinda thing.

It just must suck to have every part of you scrutinized. I know she got into a business where that will happen, but she isn’t a model, she isn’t an actress, her looks should come way far behind her talent in singing and lyrics.

Added thoughts.

Is she saying she’s happy the way she is? or is she transforming her self consciousness into an attack on other people. She did choose Nicole Richie to pick on, someone who is notoriously questioned about having an eating disorder, and deemed “too skinny”. To me, she’s justifying something she feels is wrong with herself, by saying that if she were to change it, she would automatically become the extreme on the other end of the spectrum.

Added thoughts.

Is she saying she’s happy the way she is? or is she transforming her self consciousness into an attack on other people. She did choose Nicole Richie to pick on, someone who is notoriously questioned about having an eating disorder, and deemed “too skinny”. To me, she’s justifying something she feels is wrong with herself, by saying that if she were to change it, she would automatically become the extreme on the other end of the spectrum.[/quote]

Just putting it out there, but you may be reading it with your thoughts already in mind.

She is in the eye of the media and constantly barraged by questions about her weight when really all that matters is that she has an amazing voice.

Do you know whether or not a reporter asked her about Nicole Ritchie? Are YOU advocating that Nicole Ritchie is healthier than Adele?

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

Added thoughts.

Is she saying she’s happy the way she is? or is she transforming her self consciousness into an attack on other people. She did choose Nicole Richie to pick on, someone who is notoriously questioned about having an eating disorder, and deemed “too skinny”. To me, she’s justifying something she feels is wrong with herself, by saying that if she were to change it, she would automatically become the extreme on the other end of the spectrum.[/quote]

Just putting it out there, but you may be reading it with your thoughts already in mind.

She is in the eye of the media and constantly barraged by questions about her weight when really all that matters is that she has an amazing voice.

Do you know whether or not a reporter asked her about Nicole Ritchie? Are YOU advocating that Nicole Ritchie is healthier than Adele?

[/quote]

No no no not at all. In fact personally I tend to find a woman with curves more attractive than a really skinny girl, again, just a personal preference, not saying one is better than the other.

What Im saying is that even if she’s defending herself, she shouldn’t have made an attack on someone else like that, even if the reporter asked, she could have just said “no comment” or “im a singer, not a model” and that would have been the end of it.

Also, she obviously does care about her image, she did pose in a picture with a cigarette. Im assuming as a singer she doesn’t smoke, but she posed with the cigarette to give of a certain image. And if she does smoke, then she’s just on the way to ruining the only thing she claims to care about, her voice.