Opinions on Surge and Grow!

I am nearing then end of my bottle of Gatorade and ON 100% Whey and questioning, is the cost worth it for Surge and Grow!? I am all for trying new things but are there any comments out there regarding these two. They roughly cost me double the price but if its worth it than I am in. How often do you guys use Grow! and Surge?

I use about 6 tubs of Grow! and 3 tubs of Surge per 1.5 months. If this doesnt give it away, yes, I love the stuff and would buy nothing else. You cannot even compare 100% Whey and Gatorade to Surge and everyone else here will agree…

Both Surge and Grow! are very good products. I use Low-Carb Grow! every day. It tatses great and mixes very easily. Surge I obviously use post-workout. Since I am on a 3 day a week program, Surge nearly lasts me an entire month. It definitely cuts down on DOMS, and speeds recovery. As for price, you get what you pay for, two quality products imho.

Surge: after EVERY workout, and sometimes during.

Grow!: once an hour after Surge, and 1-2x/day if what I’m eating doesn’t have enough protein; once at bedtime.

GET SOME! NOW!

In college, I was of the opinion that 100% Whey and NL2 were the way to go due to cost constraints. Of course, this was when Surge cost $50 / 10 servings.
There really is no comparison. The extra $0.34 per serving of Low-Carb Grow! over ON 100% Whey, or Surge over NL2 is more than made up by taste and convenience. Ever try to shake up the 100% with water and not have clumps. How about tasting that shit with water? Try the Low-Carb Grow! with water. Watch it completely dissolve in your cup with a couple straw stirs. and notice that it actually tastes better with water than with milk. Not so with the cheap shit.
As for Surge. . . I used to mix up the NL2 for post workout. I would mix it with milk in a blender before hitting the gym. I would sip it during and after the WO. It was soo thick and really unappealing. I love Surge because it mixes ENTIRELY with water, tastes awesome, and is really thin and easy to take. I tried some other thin post workout mixes, like aftershock by myogenics. It made my bottle smell skunky even after going through the dishwasher.
I could have just said Biotest was better, maybe I should have, but those are some reasons why.
Also to support this site, which even if the supps were equal (which they are not) I would gladly pay a little extra and keep this site going.

I use Surge after every workout (3X/week). I take Grow! 3-4 times a day depending on if it’s a training day or not.

Surge is addictive. I don’t know if anyone else feels like that or not. When I get home from the gym, even on the way home, I’m thinking about getting that Surge in me. It tastes incredible - that alone is worth the price. But it works - way better than gatorade and ON whey (which is what I was taking when they were out of Surge).

not to hijack the thread here, but how about Power Drive?

any feedback either positive or negative?

im interested in it, and i hope that it will perform as claimed.

let me know what you think of it

Surge and Grow are part of a healthy diet. can’t be without them if you want optimal results. they are well worth the price. they used to be much more expensive. don’t drink those extra beers on the weekend if you need to save money. laters pk

I used to use ON whey as it was cheap and I thought it’s taste was good compared to others. I would mix with dextrose/maltrodextrin for PWO. Sometimes I would mix it with milk and I thought it was so great… I tried to mix my own hydrolyzed protein with dextrose/malto. It tasted like a mix between crushed aspiren and puke.

Then I finally decided to try Grow! and Surge. Now I sip Surge during my workout and aftwards, I won’t go without it. I can’t drink any whey now except Grow!, it taste that good. I still buy a cheap whey but I only use it when mixing with something else (oatmeal or homemade protein bar). So during the day or before bed it has to be Grow!.

Sterno

A good measure of how important Surge is was the public outcry when it was out of stock. That and the fact that when the shipment came in, it was available for all of 3 minutes before selling out.
You will become addicted. Your workouts will not feel complete without it.

Surge and Grow! are definately worth your money. Biotest has a money back guarantee minus shipping cost if you’re not satisfied. Buy a bottle of Surge & Grow! and give them a try.

For Surge, do a balls to the walls workout that would leave you crippled with DOMS, drink 1 scoop of Surge with at least 20 oz. of water during the workout and drink a 2nd scoop of Surge with at least 20 oz. of water immediately after workout. Keep track of how long it takes for you to recover from your DOMS. After you’re recovered, do the same workout at the same intensity but WITHOUT Surge. Go ahead and use your Gatorade & whey drink. Keep track of how long it takes for you to recover again. If Surge didn’t help your recovery then return the unused portion for a refund.

If you don’t like the taste of Grow!, return it for a refund.

I drink 1 scoop (half serving) of Surge with 20 oz. of water during & 1 scoop with 20 oz.of water after each workout. If you weigh less than 200 lbs., a bottle of Surge will provide 10 servings which is enough for 10 workouts.

Like Rainjack said, when I finally get near the end of a grueling workout I start to look forward to my Surge.

As for the Low-Carb Grow!, it’s also great. You can drink it with water or with milk depending on your needs or simply toss some on oatmeal or cottage cheese.

In any case, I’d suggest you owe it to yourself to at least try it!

OK -

Surge and Grow! rule, period. I always use Surge in Water and most the time I do Low- Carb Grow! in H20 although sometimes I put 2 scoops of Vanilla Low-Carb Grow! in Orange Gatorade (think creamsicle). The stuff mixes so well, tastes freakin awesome, and digests well (did I mention it tastes freakin awesome).

by copy to UB07 - Power Drive also owns. I train at 5:30 in the AM and so I have to have my Power Drive. Right after rolling outta bed, I slam 8 oz of Orange Gatorade, 1 scoop Low-Carb Vanilla Grow!, 5 g of Creatine, and 1 to 1.5 scoops of Power Drive. The Power Drive has me focused by the time I get to the gym and days I miss it, man I really have some concentration issues.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Surge is addictive. I don’t know if anyone else feels like that or not. When I get home from the gym, even on the way home, I’m thinking about getting that Surge in me. It tastes incredible - that alone is worth the price. But it works - way better than gatorade and ON whey (which is what I was taking when they were out of Surge).[/quote]

Hah, I noticed the exact same thing, rainjack. While I’m drinking it, I find Surge to be pretty good. Not like I’m drinking a milkshake, although I definitely enjoy it. But then, when that tub is just sitting there on my desk, I can’t help but want to mix myself up a serving. It makes absolutely no sense, but for some reason, it has that effect on me.

I can sympathize with the cost issue, but now that Surge and Grow! have dropped so much in price, they’re pretty much all I use, and all I’ll probably ever use.

I have been using a particular Protein for a while. After reading all the comments on Grow! I was pulled in.

I ordered my first bottle. Vanilla. Holy Moly. I loved it immediately. I made my wife try it as I do with all products. She said it tasted like cake.

I didn’t wake up in the middle of the night hungry. I haven’t gained any fat because of shit ingredients.

I am a modest person and spend my money only after analyzing the crapt out of something.

I in turn ordered two more bottles. One Vanilla and one chocolate. I prefer Vanilla.

As for the Surge…well, I havent tried it because I make my own weird concoction and have plenty left to utilize;however, it usually sells out rather quickly such as the night I tried to order it for sampling.
That should say something.

Good luck. Try it. If you dont like it, oh well. Find what works for you.

I hate cheap beer.

I thought this said:

“Onions on Surge and Grow!”

I was about to say “are you insane?”

There would definitely be a lot of crying going on.

Anyways, Surge is definitely worth it for me. I just feel a lot better after a workout if i drink Surge during and after. When I don’t drink Surge I feel all tired and fatigued for a longer period of time.

When Surge was out of stock a little ways back this is EXACTLY what I did - ON’s 100% Whey (vanilla) with Orange Gatorade. I couldn’t believe the difference in recovery from my Surge workouts - I would wake up the next day (I work out late at night) and feel beat up. Worst of all, I wasn’t doing anything high volume at all - some RRD #2.

It’s funny, b/c I had been using Surge for a while and was almost beginning to think that maybe it wasn’t “all that”…maybe it was a little too pricey (I’m in Ontario, Canada, where it’s pretty steep)…then I ran out, couldn’t get any and went w ON & Gatorade…I will not make that mistake again! Obviously, the workout gods did not take kindly to my insolence.

Surge is the shit!!

Low Carb Grow! is the only way to go, it’s the most advanced protein you can buy.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=525024

As far as Surge and Gatorade go they are not even in the same camp, Gatorade is a “sport drink” re: a glass of water with alot of salt and sugar. Match all the additives from the Gatorade and all the additives from Surge (there are none other than flavoring). Here is a label of all the benefits of Gatorade, go to the Main page and click on Surge.

There are no substitutes for Surge or Low-Carb Grow!

I just ordered my first containers of Low-Carb Grow! and Surge. I had heard so much about the stuff here and since the prices have been dropped down so low, how can you go wrong. I gotta say to, it is worth every penny.

As others have said already, the Low-Carb Grow! mixes awesome in water or milk. No clumps…no bloated stomach feeling from shitty protein…and very important, no nasty “protein farts”. Nothing like catching the attention of a T-Vixen by passing by her and passing gas. I’ve only tried the chocolate so far, but it tastes great. And once im through with this container, i’m busting out the vanilla i ordered as well.

After trying Surge, i fell in love. Tastes awesome, helps fuel me, everything I want in a during/post work out drink. Right now i sip on 1/2 serving of Surge while working out and then take a whole serving after the workout. I have not had any stomach irritation from drinking it while lifting. As with Grow!, it mixes incredibly well with water, and you are susposed to only mix it with water too!

If you are still skeptical after my and everybody else’s great comments about the two supplements, order a container of each and try it. What do you have to lose? About $45. But I highly doubt you will be unsatisfied.

Enough ranting, time to take some Low-Carb Grow!.