Opinions on Programming

Hey guys,

Been dealing with shoulder (and bicep) issues for the past 5 months, and after numerous visits to the chiropractor, doctor, physical therapist and some X-rays and physical therapy have still not led to any relief of pain or decisions about what for sure my issues are.

Started off by noticing the pain in my right shoulder, then right bicep, then left shoulder. Started cutting out shoulder work, then chest work, then arm work, then back work, then back squats have been the latest thing to go.

I have been looking at what exercises don’t bother me and I am trying to figure out how to turn them into a program. I am 17 years old, so I still consider myself a beginner and am homeschooled and only work 2 hours a day, so as far as time to workout I am good on, and also have lots of recovery time available.

Here’s what works (so far) for me:

front squats
safety bar squats (front and back)
safety bar good mornings
any type of deadlift [conventional, sumo, trap-bar, RDL (dumbbell/barbell)]
ghr’s
reverse hypers
back extensions
almost any type of loaded carry
the “first” part of a face pull (just the retraction of the shoulder blades)
prowler (pushes or pulls)
kettlebell swings
sprints (running or biking)
any type of cardio for that matter
tire flips
almost any “ab” work
(also will be joining a new gym with atlas stones and am hoping to incorporate those)

That’s all I can think of right now. Leaves out any pressing, rowing, pushups, dips, pull/chin ups, arm work, etc. Upper body work seems to only be ok if I don’t bend at the elbows. Which limits things.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips on how I can program those movements? I am very open as far as length of workouts and how often they occur. In fact, I enjoy getting in the gym as often as possible. Does anyone think that those movements could be contributing to my shoulder issues? Maybe I just haven’t noticd them yet. Let me know!

I know I’m basically looking for someone to make me a program, but I’m desperately wanting to continue training and getting stronger, so if you can help, I’d appreciate it. I will continue meeting with the physical therapist and see what happens in the future with my shoulders. Thanks for any help.