Opinions on New Program

Cuc?

3 Likes

Cucumber?

3 Likes

You realize 10 sets of three should be around 85% of your one rep max, right? If you can do that in fifteen minutes and have more left in the tank to do two other big compound lifts, then you are not very strong, and in all likelihood, a complete cuck.

You don’t always have to do 85% man. You can get benefit from different percent ranges and time periods. I never said 15 minutes either. It shouldn’t take you more than 25-30 though. You start with squats at 85 and do the 10x3. If you did 65 or 70 percent on your push and pull, going back and forth between the two that shouldnn’t take you more than 30 minutes. So then you would do that.

It would like (or something similar to):

10x3 Squat @ 85% trying to achieve it in roughly 25 minutes give or take, but never more than 30

10x3 Push/ 10x3 Pull @ 60-75% in 20-25 minutes

You would then increase the weight once you have gotten your times down to the lower end and every rep is explosive and the first rep moves like the last

Then whatever else you want or have time for. Pretty simple and obvious if you don’t think inside a box. Things do not always have to be so black and white, especially if you do not compete and are just after athleticism or looking better.

2 Likes

Fine. Give it a try. Let me know how it works out.

People have tried it, and it does work?

He already did that you cuck

1 Like

You typically seem to give decent advice IIRC, but for some reason in this thread you showed pretty limited thinking. Maybe 10x3 would wipe you out, but it doesn’t sound all that bad to me, and it was a little dogmatic for you to say “should be around 85%” as though that’s chiseled into a stone tablet somewhere. Perhaps if the goal is performing 10x3 with short rest, as part of a fat loss or conditioning protocol, one might change the load? Why assume that it must be 85 percent?

Anyways, let’s ask the author of the program in question:

(note that the program mentions performing the 10x3 with one minute rest between sets)

“Any rest period between 60-120 seconds will work, but each lifter will require a different rest period based on previous training and other neuromuscular issues.”

Note that in the “fat loss” 10x3 article, he shortens the rest period to 45 seconds.

Conclusion: rest periods and loading can be varied and should be tailored to the lifter’s goals and what they’re able to handle at a given level of conditioning. Hm. Who woulda thunk?

3 Likes

I’ll try it for a week or two and report back.

My only concern is that it might be time consuming. I’m going to with one minute break for each superset.

tweet

If you want to go fast, I would use the 75% From the Fat Loss article.

I would also employ the standard “Drop 5% the first time you use some program” advice. Start a little lighter, and get a feel for what you are trying to do.

As Beer says, 10 x3 with 85% is gonna be pretty tough. Adding to that the next workout would be really hard.

Then again, if you’re not into hitting big maxes all the time, 85% May not be so heavy.

2 Likes

I to do not like rows for low reps but, if you want to try it may I suggest seal rows.

1 Like

Sounds like low rep rows are not popular.

Maybe I should increase the reps to 5-8 for the t-bar rows?

I would like to do proper barbell rows, but I don’t think my lower back is ready for it yet, but hopefully will be in the next 6-8 weeks.

tweet

That is why you should do seal rows, take the lower back out. This is my go to horizontal pull.

1 Like

10 x3 in the rows would match up well for your Push/Pull super-set. Many sets of low reps could theoretically help you improve your hip/back position and setup for the rows. Low reps could make it easier to row strict, and not sway and heave to cheat.

I would at least give it a try before you decide. Even if its not the scientific “Best” set /rep scheme for “hypertrophy” or “strength,” it may be a good way to improve your rowing. Like how much should you bend your knees, and what torso angle to use, how far back to pull your elbows. And getting “better” on the T-Bar may move you along, and get you ready for the Barbell Rows you really want to do.

And if you hate it, you can cross low rep rows off the list.

2 Likes

Thank you for that.