Opinions on My Routine

Hello,

I had a day off and I think i’m overthinking stuff but just to be on the safe side I would like some opinions.

I have been lifting on and off for 3 years, I have been training hard and consistently for 8weeks now after a 3month layoff in the summer, due to injury and life.
I am 20 years old and my routine at the moment is a 6x a week push/pull/leg inspired bij JohnSlecht of this website, which basicly consists of:

Push1: MP5x5, Pushpress to1rm max, DB Press or CGBP4x8, shoulder acc & Dips.
Pull1: Pull Ups, BBRow5x5, vbarrows, shrugs, facepulls, bb curl.
Legs1: Squats 5x5, Frontsquats 4x6, Hamstring acc, abs.
Push2: BP5x5, Incline BB press, DB Shoulder, Dips, tricep acc.
Pull2: Cleanstoo1rm max, Cleanpulls5x3, DB Row4x6, reardelt acc, hammer curls.
Legs2: Frontsquats 7x3, Squats 3x8, Calves, abs.

Some stats at the moment: Bp110x1, ATGSq100x5x5, cleanpull 150x1, MP 60x5x5, at 1.79m and 81kg.

My legs are weak as you can see but I’ve been blighted by a groin injury for 3 years.
Tore a tendon which if I keep my groin area (abs etc.) very strong doesn’t bother me but with all the running I used to do with rugby never got any rest.

I have recently stopped playing to heal up and gain strenght. So at the moment am solely focused on weightlifting.
I’m eating about 3500kcals a day, about 250gr of proteins and getting plenty amounts of sleep.

So my question is am I overdoing it? And do u have any advice regarding the routine or anything else u’ve read?

Thanks in advance!

Looks good man! One thing I’d suggest is throwing something like Stiff-leg deadlifts on the second leg day, because you’re a little unbalanced as far as hamstrings. Some people might say it’ll be too much but I don’t think so if you’re eating lots and getting enough rest. Just listen to your body.

Work hard, stay consistent, don’t be afraid to bump protein up even a little higher if necessary. Good luck!

I’m no expert but I think your routine looks really good.

The only points I would make would be to really increase your posterior chain work as you seem to be doing way more quads than hamstrings for example and that can increase your risk of knee injuries etc if you get imbalances. Things like deadlifts, kettlebell swings, hip thrusts, GHR are great. Maybe make one legs day more posterior chain focussed and the other more quad dominant, by switching the front squats in the first leg day with one of the posterior chain exercises I mentioned.

Also, personally, I’d probably find 6 days on, one off a bit too much. I’d add an extra rest day and do 3 on and one off but that’s just me, it might well work for you.

As I said I’m really no expert, just saying what I would do.

All the best.

Thanks for pointing that out guys! Will add in some stifflegged DL’s and bump up my protein intake a bit more.

Any tips on rear-delts been having a hard time with them, been doing reverse flies on an incline and facepulls but it seems my upper-back and traps take over too much?

Looks very similar to what im doing atm split wise, push/pull/legs with 2 for each, onyl difference is my 2nd leg day is deadlift pattern work, rather than double squats. looks good though

[quote]Kyle09 wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out guys! Will add in some stifflegged DL’s and bump up my protein intake a bit more.

Any tips on rear-delts been having a hard time with them, been doing reverse flies on an incline and facepulls but it seems my upper-back and traps take over too much?[/quote]

Best thing I’ve found for rear delt that lets me really feel them best is reverse flys using the cables, go really light, very high rep (25+). I usually take the handles off so I’m just holding the clamp things, put the cables at about shoulder height, and keep my hands facing the floor.