Opinions on My Physique

[quote]thesteve wrote:
mcwrestler25 wrote:
I just turned 18, I weigh 160 lbs. and am 5"7". I am probably 7-8% bodyfat, just a guess though. I have previously done powerlifting, and my 1 rep RAW(no suits, equipment,supports, etc.) maxes are: bench- 320 lbs. squat- 485 lbs. deadlift- 430 lbs. and powerclean- 250 lbs. Altogether, power-lifting and bodybuilding included, i have been training about a year, and have NATURALLY gone from weighing 120 lbs. my junior year of highschool, to wwhere i am at now in that 1 year period of time. I would like to bulk up more this winter/spring, and begin competing in bodybuilding competitions in the summer of 2008.

thoughts and opinions on my physique.
criticisms and suggestions are welcome!

scroll down for more pics

Sorry man but your not single digit bf, and those numbers have to be inflated. Common man, 2x bw bench?[/quote]

320lb bench at 160 lbs and 5-7. Not a chance kid, unless you combine it with your spotter doing 100lbs of ROWing.

[quote]1morerep wrote:
well as i’m so fond of stating - i don’t care how much i can bench…i only care how much i LOOK like i can bench ;)[/quote]

Exactly.

you are a very little man

-which makes ur lifts even that much more awesome

Definitely a solid base to work with. Train H-A-R-D and eat well and you will be a beast in a few years time.

If the lifts are real, congrats. However, it sounds like you are “gifted” to lift big, which is a blessing and a curse. Make sure you dont get lazy because you can lift the big weight already, always shoot to improve.

his quads look “high”, not raggin on them at all just interesting

I’d like to hear a response from the OP concerning those numbers. Do you still make the same claims, or want to come clean, or just ignore us questioning you?

Whats the point of asking for advice if you are misrepresenting yourself? Then no one can give you useful advice. There are lots of great people on this site who take the time to help us. No one is arnold, we all have room for improvement and things to learn.

Maybe this is me hijacking a thread, but look at my back, and look at the picture of your back above. You deadlift about 100 lbs more than me.

Actually, nevermind, I take back my above post.

You probably can deadlift 450. But my question to you is: how many times?

Sorry to post my pic on your thread :slight_smile:

[quote]migrantworker wrote:
Actually, nevermind, I take back my above post.

You probably can deadlift 450. But my question to you is: how many times?

Sorry to post my pic on your thread :)[/quote]

I think by now it’s fair game…

[quote]schultzie wrote:
his quads look “high”, not raggin on them at all just interesting[/quote]

Same with the triceps and biceps. Short muscle bellies and long tendons. That could explain some of the discrepancy between appearance of size and strength. It makes him look lanky and thin at the joints.

Good luck dude. If you want volume- lift for volume.

possibly, i have high biceps and used to hate them, but now i consider them a blessing cause its easier to hold things in a clean position cause my arms dont have to externally rotate as much

Not raggin’ on you as I am 18 as well…but…after playing football for four years in the state of Florida (known for its massive and talented high school players) I have hung around 300+ benchers for a while and I have personally seen a 160 pound friend of mine cleanly press 345. My point in all this is yes they DO exist but heres why I HIGHLY doubt you are one of them. Your TRICEPS. If you can press 200% of your body weight your triceps WILL look like you can. and my man yours simply don’t look like they press any where near that kind of weight.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Not raggin’ on you as I am 18 as well…but…after playing football for four years in the state of Florida (known for its massive and talented high school players) I have hung around 300+ benchers for a while and I have personally seen a 160 pound friend of mine cleanly press 345. My point in all this is yes they DO exist but heres why I HIGHLY doubt you are one of them. Your TRICEPS. If you can press 200% of your body weight your triceps WILL look like you can. and my man yours simply don’t look like they press any where near that kind of weight.[/quote]

Very True. Barely any tri’s. Almost like he has to pop a hernia just to flex them.

On another note you do have some pretty good traps, they definitely show but they almost over power your arms and chest.

I would say pretty muscular for your age and weight. Keep doing what your doing, if you want to add more mass then consume more calories of course…Maybe bring up your chest to be more symetrical…

Keep up the hard work!

• Adam