Opinions on my Bulk So Far

Nothing to add, just want to reiterate that if your goal is “to be a solid 205-210” then definitely continue your bulk. Your strength increases are very good and while you muscle/fat ratio isn’t great on your gains, given your goal you could bulk to 225 or so and get down to your goal pretty easily.

Good job.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
I had to get my body fat tested with one of those things for my nutrition class. This was when I was around 255 and had a pretty visible 6 pack. I stepped on that thing and it told me I was 24.8% bodyfat. I lol’d. I wouldn’t trust those things at all.

I agree 100%. The result of bioimpedence analysis is heavily influenced by your hydration level. If you are dehydrated, you will test MUCH higher than if you are well hydrated.

One of my college hockey player was tested after a practice (which is very dumb and shows how the college strength coach is an idiot). Now, the guy has a full 6 pack and veins over his abs… he tested at…18.7%!!! In reality he was 6.5% (when I tested him with 12-site calipers).

In that pic in my profile of me at 210lbs, I was read at that weight as being 26% body fat. I returned the machine and got a different one thinking it was broken. I soon found out they all suck. I will never trust one of those again.

I am sure they give readings more and more incorrect the more muscle you carry.[/quote]

yea… ok… you are just mad cuz it told you that you are fat. jk. dont eat me.

To the OP. Keep it up. You can’t add in squats or DL’s yet with the back? No better way to add a lot of size while bulking… Either way, keep on keepin on…

As said, keep doing what you’re doing. Good job so far, just keep chuggin along.

18% my ass

You’re looking great right now OP. I would just keep on keepin on if I were you. Hit your goal. You’re almost there and looking relatively lean currently.

Good luck.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
I had to get my body fat tested with one of those things for my nutrition class. This was when I was around 255 and had a pretty visible 6 pack. I stepped on that thing and it told me I was 24.8% bodyfat. I lol’d. I wouldn’t trust those things at all.

I agree 100%. The result of bioimpedence analysis is heavily influenced by your hydration level. If you are dehydrated, you will test MUCH higher than if you are well hydrated.

One of my college hockey player was tested after a practice (which is very dumb and shows how the college strength coach is an idiot). Now, the guy has a full 6 pack and veins over his abs… he tested at…18.7%!!! In reality he was 6.5% (when I tested him with 12-site calipers).

In that pic in my profile of me at 210lbs, I was read at that weight as being 26% body fat. I returned the machine and got a different one thinking it was broken. I soon found out they all suck. I will never trust one of those again.

I am sure they give readings more and more incorrect the more muscle you carry. ← Indeed they do… My parents have one, which I’ve used for shits and giggles on occasion. According to that thing, every single pound of muscle I’ve added to my frame over the years is actually fat.

Amusing devices for sure… They are about as useful as BMI.

[/quote]

3~ years ago I made my first mass phase and got up to 215-220, that shit read 29%. I believed I was just a fatass and overdieted; went on a restriction phase for 15+weeks when I got my best shape at week 12. Good thing is that I realized not too late and lost just about 5~ pounds of muscle, could’ve been more.

Dude, great work!

As per Shug’s last article, and my personal experience, dirty foods are an excellent way to make your calorie requirement, but don’t rely on them too much.

I guess what I’m saying is that I would keep your diet as it is now (clean and dirty food) and then when it’s time to add cals, just add more clean cals.

I know I’ll get flamed for this, and get called the little guy [that I am] and all of that, but I think guys the size of way and prof X have more leniency in their choice of calories.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
I’m gonna try and stabilize my weight for the rest of March but it’ll be tough since I start playing b-ball 2 days a week for 2 hours a session. It’ll take some tinkering to find my maintenance calories.[/quote]

You’re going to play basketball with herniated/bulging disks? I can’t help but think that that all that jumping will seriously hamper your recovery. What does your doc say?

[quote]Curzon wrote:
sam_sneed wrote:
I’m gonna try and stabilize my weight for the rest of March but it’ll be tough since I start playing b-ball 2 days a week for 2 hours a session. It’ll take some tinkering to find my maintenance calories.

You’re going to play basketball with herniated/bulging disks? I can’t help but think that that all that jumping will seriously hamper your recovery. What does your doc say?[/quote]

Doc and physical therapist gave me thumbs down while they were treating me. But after a year of treatment, I still never fully recovered and don’t have full ROM in my back. So I said fuck it. I can’t keep from doing the things I love any longer. I just deal with the pain and soreness afterwards. I strained my groin playing yesterday so I won’t have to worry about my back for a few weeks lol.