T Nation

Opinions on Mount Sinai (Toronto ~ Canada)

Hey folks, I have an appointment with an endocrinologist at Mount Sinai hospital regarding low testosterone however, the appointment is scheduled for 3 months from now... and from the information that is available on the doctor (scares amount) it doesn't seem like ill get very far with him. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with the hospital and what your thoughts are on it seeing as its has one of the biggest endocrinology departments in Toronto. If the feedback is mostly negative then ill look into one of these private BHRT clinics even though it can be super pricey.

Edit: I have an appointment also with Master's Mens clinic which suppose to be the best trt clinic in Toronto by far however the wait time is 6 months from now... If anyone has knowledge/advice of a solid trt/hrt clinic in or near the Toronto area that would prescribe injections please hit me up, i'm having a super hard time finding a solid spot. Ill post my recently taken thyroid/Test results when I get them for the curious.

Don’t give those review sites too much credibility. People like to rant, especially if they aren’t cured right away. I would recommend learning as much as you can before going in, have a list of questions you want to ask, be open to what he/she says and be prepared to take several months getting what you want. I think physicians in Canada at least, since I have no experience of US physicians, are very willing to listen and want to help. If you know what you want and can clearly state it, it makes their job that much easier but keep in mind you may not walk out with a prescription for T, an AI, and hCG from one visit.

[quote]C27 H40 O3 wrote:
Don’t give those review sites too much credibility. People like to rant, especially if they aren’t cured right away. I would recommend learning as much as you can before going in, have a list of questions you want to ask, be open to what he/she says and be prepared to take several months getting what you want. I think physicians in Canada at least, since I have no experience of US physicians, are very willing to listen and want to help. If you know what you want and can clearly state it, it makes their job that much easier but keep in mind you may not walk out with a prescription for T, an AI, and hCG from one visit.[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply man, I have prepared a bunch of questions regarding his thoughts on possible pituitary gland/thyroid problems, hcg, and an ai if he mentions the possibility of going on trt. I have heard stories about endos that pretty much just look for a disease and if they cant find one they pretty much say sorry man you gotta live with that shit & I was hoping someone had experience with the endo at mount sinai seeing as its one of the biggest endo departments in toronto.

See that’s the thing, if the endo prescribes TRT doesn’t mean you’ll get an AI. The takeout menu style of medicine commonly seen in the US does not always cross the border. At presentation you don’t need an AI and may not get one until your E2 numbers prove you need one. If you’re after Test, AI, and hCG on your first visit you might be better off going to an anti aging clinic type Dr. I do hope you get the AI though and if you don’t, at least make sure you walk out with requisite for E2 bloodwork so you can get it if needed.