Opinions on Marijuana

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
Can’t handle the anxiety anymore![/quote]

Also have this problem. I have two kids and a mortgage now lol. Like, real actual responsibilities. When I was getting fucked up all the time, the only responsibility I had was remembering my name, which was difficult at times… . [/quote]

I thought it was just me.

I can not take the resulting anxiety anymore. Blue Monday would turn into blue Tuesday and Wednesday, too. Three days of some of the worst generalized anxiety I ever felt wasn’t worth the 2 hours of feeling like I was on top of the world. Not to mention I like being able to eat, sleep, and fuck…

Also, there was the cost! I once (well, more than once) paid a stripper at Spearmint Rhino $500 to rub my shoulders and run her fingers through my hair for an hour while I rolled. Easily top 3 experience in my life, just below the birth of my sons. But above the birth of my daughter because she’s being IMPOSSIBLE right now.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I just tried it for the first time about a year and a half ago and gave it a few tries (about 7 or 8) before deciding I did not like it at all.

I basically never felt any good physical or mental sensations. I hated how time didn’t flow right. It didn’t relax me but that may be because I am already a rather content, Buddha-nature type anyway.

[/quote]

Same here. I did it as a teen and into my early 20s on occasion, then didn’t do it for over 20+ years. I tired it last year a few times, and didn’t like it for the reasons you mentioned. I’ve come to realize that I don’t like anything that alters my mind.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

Easily top 3 experience in my life, just below the birth of my sons. But above the birth of my daughter because she’s being IMPOSSIBLE right now.
[/quote]

L-O-fucking-L, I can relate.

Not to mention I like being able to eat, sleep, and fuck…
[/quote]

Everyone is different, but generally speaking marijuana helps with all that.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

It’s exponentially better for someone than alcohol or pill abuse. [/quote]

Absolutely agree with this 100%, but putting back a half a bottle of James and a beer or six is a lot more fun, for me at least.

But I’m quite literally a daily choice away from being a drunk so… other people will have varying opinions.

Jah wants you to be anxiety-free

I thought it was just me.

I can not take the resulting anxiety anymore. Blue Monday would turn into blue Tuesday and Wednesday, too. Three days of some of the worst generalized anxiety I ever felt wasn’t worth the 2 hours of feeling like I was on top of the world. Not to mention I like being able to eat, sleep, and fuck…

Also, there was the cost! I once (well, more than once) paid a stripper at Spearmint Rhino $500 to rub my shoulders and run her fingers through my hair for an hour while I rolled. Easily top 3 experience in my life, just below the birth of my sons. But above the birth of my daughter because she’s being IMPOSSIBLE right now.
[/quote]

Sounds like you need to micro-dose with some lsd if a dime bag gives you anxiety.*

I personally do not use it. But, if I did use it. I use it to help with my migraines and other residual effects of my two strokes and my rehab/recovery after my total colectomy and reversal. Also, it makes eating and paying attention a lot easier…if I hypothetically did it. But, if I did do it…I do not smoke myself out.

But I’m quite literally a daily choice away from being a drunk so[/quote]

I’m very empathetic of this, and it frustrates me to no end the way booze and pills are encouraged and promoted in this country, but yet marijuana is demonized.

Go to any college campus and it’s an indoctrination to alcoholism, to the point where alcoholism becomes a weed-out course (no pun) when you realize you have the disease.

Prescription drugs cause so many addictions and problems for people, but doctors love those kick backs from big pharma…

Meanwhile marijuana which has no detrimental impact on society, outside of the legal issues, is considered a schedule 1 drug just like heroin and meth.
end rant

[quote]Aggv wrote:

I’m very empathetic of this, and it frustrates me to no end the way booze and pills are encouraged and promoted in this country, but yet marijuana is demonized.

Go to any college campus and it’s an indoctrination to alcoholism, to the point where alcoholism becomes a weed-out course (no pun) when you realize you have the disease.

Prescription drugs cause so many addictions and problems for people, but doctors love those kick backs from big pharma…

Meanwhile marijuana which has no detrimental impact on society, outside of the legal issues, is considered a schedule 1 drug just like heroin and meth.
end rant

[/quote]
I can agree with most of this except the kick back thing, dude really?

[quote]Richieavella721 wrote:
thoughts on Marijuana for daily use[/quote]

Legalize it. Toke it if it makes you happy.
When I was younger, I used to smoke prior to training. Some of the best training sessions of my life. Concentration was pinpoint perfect.
I don’t do it anymore because life circumstances dictate that I cannot, but I am all for it if you are able.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
i can agree with most of this except the kick back thing, dude really? [/quote]

I dont know any specifics, and can only speak from personal experience of being given scripts for meds when the practitioner never read my chart. The explanation being along the lines of “we’re encouraged to give people xx pills”

How many cases of addiction have started based off pain killer abuse, when a simple 1/8th ounce bag a weed would have been more than enough pain relief?

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
i can agree with most of this except the kick back thing, dude really? [/quote]

I dont know any specifics, and can only speak from personal experience of being given scripts for meds when the practitioner never read my chart. The explanation being along the lines of “we’re encouraged to give people xx pills”

How many cases of addiction have started based off pain killer abuse, when a simple 1/8th ounce bag a weed would have been more than enough pain relief?[/quote]
You may have but you are assuming that the reason is for financial gain and it may be for medical reasons you are not aware of. I have worked in the field for over 22 years and I have a ton of Dr friends and nobody would jeopardize the livelihood for kick backs.

Agreed on the Rx pain pills, there have been some changes by making hydrocodone a schedule 2 and they are not being handed out like Pez any more.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

end rant

[/quote]

Agree with most of this except for one little part. It’s impossible to say that MJ has no detrimental impact on society, when it’s been illegal for generations.

I’m pro MJ, fyi, just always cringe when I hear arguments like that or the ever famous 0 deaths due to MJ…

I was a daily smoker for about 14 years. We smoked at this one job before work, definitely not good as it made me stupider. Lots of us hung out after work and of course smoked more. I broke the cycle by getting a real job where it was impossible to show up stoned for.

Met my wife when I was 26 and she liked to smoke pot, so we did. It was more on a social level and surely not all day every day. Bought a house, smoked a lot less with more responsibility. By the time we had kids I quit and don’t even know where to get weed. My kids would know.

I feel that most grow out of it unless they smoke it for medicinal issues.

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
Jah wants you to be anxiety-free[/quote]

Big up ^

Daily is fine… If its good enough for Arni S its good enough for meat heads like us…
Preferably post workout…I like it when bulking…Just vape & spare your lungs

Its also good for every aspect of having fun :wink:

IMO people have a beer or wine ed & its no biggie its time to give bud its same due

fight the power

[quote]Aggv wrote:
end rant
[/quote]
From various studies:

“Employees who test positive for marijuana had 55 percent more industrial accidents and 85 percent more injuries and they had absenteeism rates 75 percent higher than those that tested negative. This damages our economy.”

“According to The Economic Costs of Alcohol Abuse report, alcoholism costs U.S. employers 500 million lost work days per year (NIDA, 2000). The cost of alcohol abuse in the United States is at least $185 billion annually. In other words, for every dollar we bring in, we spend ten. Why are we holding this up as a revenue model?”

“Cannabis-related emergency hospital admission rates overall have been rising sharply in the United States, according to the Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN), which shows emergency department admissions increasing from 16,251 in 1991 to over 461,028 in 2012 (SAMHSA, 2013). Marijuana-related admissions to hospital emergency rooms account for more than all other drugs combined. While we hear repeatedly that marijuana is “safe,” we desperately need a definition of what entails “safety” when emergency rooms are burdened with marijuana-related health issues.”

“Where marijuana for medical use has been touted as a revenue stream, an audit of the Colorado system (touted as the worldâ??s finest regulatory implementation) showed heavy financial losses to the point of operating at a deficit with violations of the regulatory system rampant (Ray, 2013).”

*Disclaimer: I administer Substance Abuse Policy for a Fortune 100 company. However, once an accurate test for impairment is developed (if ever), I officially no longer would give a fuck if it was legalized or not.

[quote]doogie wrote:

“Cannabis-related emergency hospital admission rates overall have been rising sharply in the United States, according to the Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN), which shows emergency department admissions increasing from 16,251 in 1991 to over 461,028 in 2012 (SAMHSA, 2013). Marijuana-related admissions to hospital emergency rooms account for more than all other drugs combined. While we hear repeatedly that marijuana is “safe,” we desperately need a definition of what entails “safety” when emergency rooms are burdened with marijuana-related health issues.”
[/quote]

While I agree with your overall point, this paragraph is a bit more nuanced than the article lets on. “Cannabis related admissions” were tracked using ICB diagnostic code 304.3. All this means is that pot was detected, it doesn’t mean that pot was implicated in the cause of the admission. For example, you come down with appendicitis and need to be admitted, but pot show up on your screen, you’re now considered a “cannabis related admission”.

And, as states have legalized pot, we would expect pot use to increase and “cannabis related admissons” to increase proportionally as well. However, it’s not correct to think that pot is the cause of those admissions.

“Cannabis related admissions” were tracked using ICB diagnostic code 304.3. All this means is that pot was detected, it doesn’t mean that pot was implicated in the cause of the admission.
[/quote]

Would you mind citing that for me? It would come in very handy at work.

Thank you.

it’s not correct to think that pot is the cause of those admissions.
[/quote]

The real problem is that is stays in your system. A person can use on monday, get tested on friday and still have thc show up, even tho by friday there is zero chance of still feeling any affects.

Meanwhile, you can get drunk as fuck monday, cause an accident at work the next day, and have a realistic chance of avoiding any trouble because it will be out of your system. (obviously depends on the person and amount consumed)

[ But above the birth of my daughter because she’s being IMPOSSIBLE right now.
[/quote]

There is simply not enough bandwidth on the entire interwebz to explain the Burning Hell of raising our daughter.

mf