Opinions on Graffitti?

Don’t post your views on whether it’s a good thing or looks bad or anything 'cause ya know what?.. …I don’t care!

this is for posting pics of stuff you’ve seen and like, if you took the pic then when and where was it taken?

If you do a bit of graffitti yourself post it up and tell us where and when you did it and how long it took

i know a lot of people think that he’s overrated, but i still think Banksy is one of the better artists due to his prolific work, artistic style, and the social / societal relevance of most of his work (the work he did in the Gaza Strip for example).

you can check out his website to see most of his work…
http://www.banksy.co.uk/

this image is currently my desktop background at work.

I agree

this was a Banksy piece in chalk farm, London 2006

and the mods changed my title from ‘graffiti’ to ‘opinions on graffiti?’ even though my post says don’t bother about opinions haha

EDIT: damn the pic isn’t working, tried twice

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:
i know a lot of people think that he’s overrated, but i still think Banksy is one of the better artists due to his prolific work, artistic style, and the social / societal relevance of most of his work (the work he did in the Gaza Strip for example).

you can check out his website to see most of his work…
http://www.banksy.co.uk/

this image is currently my desktop background at work.[/quote]

Damn, that guy’s good.

I think it’s unfortunate that so many wannabe-gangstas draw illegible words in sharpie and call it graffiti. It’s insulting to the real art.

One of the reasons I loved Montreal is the incredible amount of street art. I took a few minutes to observe some artists in progress - those guys were crazy good. Can’t find the pictures I took, but this is also from downtown Montreal.

[quote]Subliminal-Steve wrote:
I agree

this was a Banksy piece in chalk farm, London 2006

and the mods changed my title from ‘graffiti’ to ‘opinions on graffiti?’ even though my post says don’t bother about opinions haha

EDIT: damn the pic isn’t working, tried twice[/quote]

Don’t know if this was the piece you tried to get up but either way I do love it

There is also a bit of his art

that we have in Melbourne which is now sealed behind a piece of plastic to prevent anyone from wiping it out.

I know he’s not the only arist out there and what he does is stencil art as aposed to free-form art but I like his stuff.

love this one. graffed on the back of a jacket

Rob1 (RIP)

another rob1 piece

sorry for the small pics up there heres the final local piece that I have
when I am on the west side tomarrow Ill take a couple pics and post up here of the old hood.
theres some that are wonderful and it was a community effort to keep the walls tagged up.

thats if i remember to take my camera if not crappy phone pics it will be :slight_smile: