Opinions on Aminovol?

Opinions on GNC’s NxCare AMINOVOL

hey guys, how do you guys think this stuff stacks up next to Biotests’ BCAAs? just curious

Hmmmm… Well let’s see. Here is the list of supposed good things about the product from GNC’s website:

[quote]# PROTEIN SYNTHESIS STIMULATOR

ANABOLIC / ANTI-CATABOLIC FORMULA

RAPID SIZE & STRENTGH!

INCREDIBLE MUSCLE PUMPS

PREVENT MUSCLE BREAKDOWN

PHARMACEUTICAL QUALITY

DIETARY SUPPLEMENT

NxCare?

THE FUTURE OF BODYBUILDING?

THE WORLD’S FIRST!

AMINOVOL’s revolutionary formula contains 10 complexes designed to increase protein synthesis, nitric oxide, lean muscle mass and strength when combined with intense training and proper nutrition. AMINOVOL’s time-release formula delivers a sustained release of key amino acids to keep your muscles anabolic and anti-catabolic all day long! It is the most powerful amino acid supplement on the market.[/quote]

Ok. But what’s in it?

[quote]
Serving Size: 6 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 40
Amount Per Serving
BCAA-VOL (BCAA Complex) 2000.00 mg
L-Leucine
L-Isoleucine
L-Valine[/quote]

So for $44.99 you get 40 servings of 2g of BCAA. And it takes 6 pills to get those 2g. Also- notice the lack of a ratio provided.

Here’s Biotest’s:

[quote]Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 84
Amount Per Serving
L-isoluceine: 900 mg
L-leucine: 1620 mg
L-valine: 1080 mg
Total- 3600mg[/quote]

That’s in three caps. 84 times over. So based purely on the quantity of BCAA’s- you get a total of 80g of BCAA (at a mysterious ratio) with the GNC product vs. ~300g in Biotest’s BCAA’s. Oh did I forget that Biotest’s is about 1/2 the price per bottle?

The rest of the junk that is in GNC’s product is not worth the extra cost, plus the reason you are buying it- the BCAA’s- is much less.

Seems kinda simple to me.

thanx thats all i need, i was plannin on goin with Biotest anyway :slight_smile:

I have only just actually started using Biotest products (I am on the V diet right now), but the more I read and the more I use them…the more I feel like a total retard for using GNC products for so long.

[quote]Taran wrote:
I have only just actually started using Biotest products (I am on the V diet right now), but the more I read and the more I use them…the more I feel like a total retard for using GNC products for so long.[/quote]

No reason to feel like a retard. Most of us on here have shopped at GNC at some point. Hell some still do and some even work there. You can’t compare GNC to Biotest. First- you pay the retail markup at GNC, even on their own products. Second GNC cares most about profit margin. They create the products that they think will sell the best. Biotest creates products that work and at a reasonable price.