Opinions of Krav Maga?

[quote]Jaynick77 wrote:
This has a pretty interesting thread and I’ve read most of it so far. It does sound like a good Krav instructor is a solid MA for somebody that is just looking to learn how to best defend his family and himself. I looked up Sentoguy’s MA and that sounds effective too but I didn’t notice any schools in Las Vegas. Is there a general consensus on what the average guy should consider learning?[/quote]

My opinion is that it depends greatly on what you want to learn, what you enjoy, and what is available.

Self defense was also a topic in Roundhead’s thread here:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_boxing_fighting_mma_combat/grappling_for_self_defence?id=4638321&pageNo=0

This is a bit of a train wreck but FightinIrish and Sentoguy make some great points in this thread:

I will state that your choices are probably pretty varied in Vegas. If true self defense of yourself and defense of loved ones is the goal than lethal force may well be justified. I believe Nevada has some pretty good firearms laws and many great training facilities are within driving distance.

Regards,

Robert A