Opinions of Chad Waterbury Programs?

Will someone suggest a program that they really like?

Ian King’s Super Strength and Limping series are my all time favorite. I make my own programs these days, but they were great at the time.

I have come, via this thread, to an unmistakeable conclusion. I have come to this conclusion via close analysis, as follows:

It all started with me trying to fathom JonBlood’s true name.

1. the name JonBlood has 8 letters. Now JonBlood obviously is a first name and a last name - so two names. Multiply 8 by 2 and you get 16. Then add 4 (which is half of 8) and you get the number 20. The letter ‘t’ is the twentieth letter in the alphabet!

2. Now, if we continue with the number 20, if we add 8 to it, we land on 28. If we divide this by 2, we land on 14. Because we are trying to find the second letter in his real name, we subtract 14 by two, and get 12.

Now on closer analysis, if the number ‘12’ was to be pushed closer together, it would closely resemble a capitalized ‘R’. And here, I found our second letter to the true name of JonBlood.

1. So far we have two letters. ‘t’ and ‘r’. Now using the number two, lets take the second (‘two’ and ‘second’ are closely related terms) name of the OP’s user name. In this case ‘Blood’. What letter here is the most used? Why, the letter ‘o’. And here is our third letter. ‘o’.

2. Here it got tricky. I spent many hours cross referencing wiccan and occult mysticism and sifting through records of medieval pagan rituals that were stopped by christian witchhunters. And I came to a shocking conclusion. Two letters of each scripture can be decoded into ancient Saame language, and then re-translated into english. What were the letters that I decoded from the pagan texts? ‘ll’ (two letter 'L’s).

And what was the word that these two letters were further translated into? You will not believe this. I did NOT believe this when I found it out. In fact, I spent several hours in complete amazement at my discovery. The letters ‘ll’ translate into the name, ‘JonBlood’. So, with much excitement, I had found my last two letters for JonBlood’s True Name. The letters ‘ll’.

1. We now have five letters. ‘t’, ‘r’, ‘o’, and ‘ll’. All that remains is to put them together. And the conclusion is one that is unmistakeable. Undeniable. This is no coincidence.

The name is ‘Troll’. Through mathematical calculation and an in-depth knowleadge of ancient witchcraft and pagan mysticism, I have finally cracked that which was thoguht to have been uncrackable.

Der Candy, thanks for the great advice!

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
I have come, via this thread, to an unmistakeable conclusion. I have come to this conclusion via close analysis, as follows:

(to make a long story short)

The name is ‘Troll’. Through mathematical calculation and an in-depth knowleadge of ancient witchcraft and pagan mysticism, I have finally cracked that which was thoguht to have been uncrackable. [/quote]

brilliant! when you explain it like that it’s just so obvious. how could i have ever thought otherwise?

You gotta pay the toll troll / If you wanna get into that boy’s hole. / You gotta pay the troll toll to get in. / You want the baby boy’s hole, / You gotta pay the troll toll. / You gotta pay the troll toll to get in. / Troll toll!

… but troll or no troll for eating:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/some_motivation_from_dave_tate

then follow prof x’s last post on page one very carefully and you can say…

I was that little boy; that little baby boy was me. / I once was a boy, but now I am a man. / I fought the Nightman, lived as Dayman.

ah hah!
troll -

1a. Noun
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

Der Candy, I found your past thread on Waterbury’s Programs. Can you give me any informative input other than that very amusing story you wrote?

What a waste of fucking time!

Dude, if you are not a troll, you are retarded and a total beginner at BEST. What determines your training longevity is what you have achieved with your time and what you’ve learned from it, obviously not very much in your case. Your lack of results has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with a training philosophy, but for you being a pussy at the gym and in the kitchen.

You didn’t train legs before and now, you’re doing compound movements three or four times per week and have no results?? You need to step away from the pink dumbbell section then. Any beginner will grow, almost REGARDLESS of what program they’re following, if they put enough effort into it.

If you are a troll, you are still retarded and need to get a life instead of trying to stir shit up that you don’t even understand…

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
Here are the pictures that were requested because apparently im a troll…whatever that means.[/quote]

JonBlood -

If bodybuilding is yoru goal then neglecting bodyparts such as arms because a coatch says so is a very bad idea. If you want to be big then look at how the guys who got big train. It is rarely total bodytraining.

Man, that was awesome!

PERKELE!!!

[quote]Der Candy wrote:

1. the name JonBlood has 8 letters. Now JonBlood obviously is a first name and a last name - so two names. Multiply 8 by 2 and you get 16. Then add 4 (which is half of 8) and you get the number 20. The letter ‘t’ is the twentieth letter in the alphabet!

2. Now, if we continue with the number 20, if we add 8 to it, we land on 28. If we divide this by 2, we land on 14. Because we are trying to find the second letter in his real name, we subtract 14 by two, and get 12.

Now on closer analysis, if the number ‘12’ was to be pushed closer together, it would closely resemble a capitalized ‘R’. And here, I found our second letter to the true name of JonBlood.

1. So far we have two letters. ‘t’ and ‘r’. Now using the number two, lets take the second (‘two’ and ‘second’ are closely related terms) name of the OP’s user name. In this case ‘Blood’. What letter here is the most used? Why, the letter ‘o’. And here is our third letter. ‘o’.

2. Here it got tricky. I spent many hours cross referencing wiccan and occult mysticism and sifting through records of medieval pagan rituals that were stopped by christian witchhunters. And I came to a shocking conclusion.

Two letters of each scripture can be decoded into ancient Saame language, and then re-translated into english. What were the letters that I decoded from the pagan texts? ‘ll’ (two letter 'L’s).

And what was the word that these two letters were further translated into? You will not believe this. I did NOT believe this when I found it out. In fact, I spent several hours in complete amazement at my discovery. The letters ‘ll’ translate into the name, ‘JonBlood’. So, with much excitement, I had found my last two letters for JonBlood’s True Name. The letters ‘ll’.

1. We now have five letters. ‘t’, ‘r’, ‘o’, and ‘ll’. All that remains is to put them together. And the conclusion is one that is unmistakeable. Undeniable. This is no coincidence.

The name is ‘Troll’. Through mathematical calculation and an in-depth knowleadge of ancient witchcraft and pagan mysticism, I have finally cracked that which was thoguht to have been uncrackable. [/quote]

I honestly can’t believe how often I have to play the ‘this has to be a troll’ game. Before I wrote word one on these boards, I read for weeks.

I found out wonderful things, like why a shoe is linked with bodyfat, why 1 loaf of bread and 1 container of yogurt a day leads to the ultimate physique (with maybe a little ‘cutting’ required), and read smart things from people who have since given up posting (Amsterdam Animal comes to mind).

I also read the article archives and came to conclusions about certain authors based on my own experiences with the iron. Does this not occur to people?

It’s reached the point that I can’t even tell whether thinking someone is a troll makes me optimistic or pessimistic anymore.

Neglecting bodypart like arms?! How about neglecting legs and the rest of the body, which seems to be the case with the OP.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
JonBlood -

If bodybuilding is yoru goal then neglecting bodyparts such as arms because a coatch says so is a very bad idea. If you want to be big then look at how the guys who got big train. It is rarely total bodytraining.[/quote]

[quote]JonBlood wrote:

I am going to take your advice and just eat anything that’s not nailed down. For the exception of junk good like ice cream and chips. God damn I hope I don’t get fat!

I just took some pictures so I can guage my progress over the next few weeks with the change in diet and the addition of the creatine I ordered last night.[/quote]

I would like to say that the Professor and everyone else is right…however, it CAN be dangerous to dirty up your diet while near 17-18% bf…IF that is a correct measurement. In fact I would say it is almost surely a bad idea. However, take the general spirit of their posts in mind and eat more.

Here’s an example from my own life (not immediately current though):

breakfast-- 6 eggs, 2 slices toast, 4-6 slices bacon, 16 oz milk

#2) 8-12 oz steak, veggies, maybe mashed potatoes depending on things

#3) Chipotle burrito – that’s about 900-1000 calories there

#4) full fat mocha, that’s 400 cals at least–this is about 45 min before training, NOT a separate meal. I just want calories with my caffeine shots

Train–Surge or whey/gatorade

PWO – Surge or whey/gatorade

#5) 1/2 lb Hamburger, with bun, veggies

#6) slow digesting protein shake before bed, or more steak and veggies

Each meal is at least 600 calories, and more often than not they’re all near 800 calories. I can pass 5000 calories a day pretty easily. I add stuff in the base meals that can get more calories in.

The chipotle can be easily substituted out with steak or chicken or fish and a bunch of rice or potatoes or even fruit. The mocha can be substituted out for raw caffeine + gatorade/whey or Surge pre workout.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:

2. Here it got tricky. I spent many hours cross referencing wiccan and occult mysticism and sifting through records of medieval pagan rituals that were stopped by christian witchhunters. And I came to a shocking conclusion.

Two letters of each scripture can be decoded into ancient Saame language, and then re-translated into english. What were the letters that I decoded from the pagan texts? ‘ll’ (two letter 'L’s).

And what was the word that these two letters were further translated into? You will not believe this. I did NOT believe this when I found it out.

In fact, I spent several hours in complete amazement at my discovery. The letters ‘ll’ translate into the name, ‘JonBlood’. So, with much excitement, I had found my last two letters for JonBlood’s True Name. The letters ‘ll’.

You put waaaaaaay too much time into that post son. Damn.

Routine I like a lot – HSS-100 by Thibaudeau. If I were looking for strict bodybuilding purposes. Really well-thought out and I personally know people who’ve gotten good results from it (but they were eating more than your daily total by noon).

But I’m a PL type guy so that doesn’t interest me much.

No, thinking someone is a troll does not make you optimistic or pessimistic.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Der Candy wrote:

And what was the word that these two letters were further translated into? You will not believe this. I did NOT believe this when I found it out.

In fact, I spent several hours in complete amazement at my discovery. The letters ‘ll’ translate into the name, ‘JonBlood’. So, with much excitement, I had found my last two letters for JonBlood’s True Name. The letters ‘ll’.

The name is ‘Troll’. Through mathematical calculation and an in-depth knowleadge of ancient witchcraft and pagan mysticism, I have finally cracked that which was thoguht to have been uncrackable.

You put waaaaaaay too much time into that post son. Damn.
[/quote]

I dunno; I enjoyed it.

Reminded me of Dr Matrix.

(Wonder if anyone will remember the good doctor, and his spectacular Eurasian daughter?)

I’ve been out of the game for a while and decided I’d break back into lifting with Waterbury’s get big program. I’ve been putting on some mass, but I’ve really noticed an impressive increase in strength.

I have been making some changes because I feel that arms don’t get hit hard enough in his prescribed plan. I’m going to run the program out because I am seeing some good results. I will probably never do a strict split program again as I’ve tried them before with less then desirable results.

The thing that I like most about the program is that legs get hit multiple times per week. I have a pretty fucked up knee, so I’ve always been afraid to work my legs hard enough. I was afraid to be the guy that collapses squatting 150. I’ll post some pics, hopefully in a couple months when I feel like Its worth people seeing. Thats my two cents…BT

After re-reading, I agree with LankyMofo, definitly a Troll.

Let this die…

a PX vs Waterbury debate article about split training vs total body training for hypertrophy would no doubt be one of the most controversial “in your face” articles ever. and probably get more discussion then any article i have ever read.