Opinions - 19 Y/O, 6'1", 195lbs

Hey all,

Long time lurker - don’t hold back.

Stats -
Height: 6’1 / 188cm
Weight: 195lbs / 89kgs
Experience: been lifting(seriously)for about a year and a half.

I started lifting at about 75kgs, and have been bulking up untill now. Obviously it’s been a pretty dirty bulk and like most newbies I didn’t really understand nutrition. I’m just seeking some advice on what people think of my cutting calories / macros:

Calories: 2500
C/P/F: 35%, 40%, 25%

Currently working out 4 days a week, with 2 HIIT sessions being incorporated while fasted. I’m pretty happy with my progress so far (dropped about 2kgs in the past three weeks).

Would like to know weak points / strong points / any advice on cutting.

I think at 6’1 and only 75kg, any bulk would’ve been good.
Weaks point: Pecs/lats
Recommended cut: Don’t. Keep trying to gain weight, you’re still skinny. I weigh more than you and I’m only 5’10 (but I don’t work out for mass or physique.)

I second german mule. At 19 you still likely have ~2 years of natural growth and development left in you. I’d take advantage of that to put on as much mass as you can. It’s a lot easier to diet off any excess fat later than it is to add muscle ever. You are pretty lean right now so why cut at all? Do you have plans to get on stage at some point or do you just want to have a nice physique in general?

Thanks for the reply.

Honestly I’m pretty keen to get in better shape. Carrying a lot of fat around hips / lower belly that I’m keen to loose.

Any ideas on how to fill out my chest in the meantime?

Bench press to drive up overall upper body size, but I find dumbbell work is better for direct chest development. You won’t get anywhere if you don’t eat to gain though…

I liked to do 3 to 4 sets incline dumbell presses, then heavy bench, then with adown set or two close grips . For legs i did squat variation / straight leg deadlifts, for a macro cycle, rotating with leg press /trap bar deadlift. For bringing lats up start out with lat exercise, close grip chins, then pull downs vary grip, for back yhe stretch very important. Along with one arm rows.